Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRL Projects/Hobbies!
I know no one really reads these or anything but It's fun just to share it. I have another update. Sadly, I had to remove the CRT monitor. I would have never been able to figure out how to connect it to my computer. It would have taken too long and I would have inevitably ended up spending way too much money on figuring it out. I replaced it with a much bigger monitor though. I did lose some of the "arcade" feel by replacing it with an LCD screen but I'm still going to put plexiglass over it to hopefully give it more of that feel. I started to add some other parts too like installing a power strip and computer inside. My tmolding comes in tomorrow so I'll be able to put the LEDs on. i also ordered some vintage mario graphics for the side that come tomorrow. I'm off to the hardware store now to get some gloss finish and some adhesive stripper so I can take off the CPO decals!

Here's what it looks like as of now:

[Image: 430e466f6157efc7ccebb97244c22420.png]
[Image: YEET.png]
As a point of future reference for your projects, I did manage to connect an old tv to my computer to have that "nostalgic feel" when playing nes games on pc and I'll tell you one thing: They're not made for that. The res was all wrong and the images were blurry to the point where you couldn't read the stuff on the screen. It was laborious to fix and when it was done, it was still not quite exactly the thing I was looking for. In the end, it was just disappointment and bitterness.

I'm not sure if crt monitors work like old tvs, but if they do, then you could have ended in the same situation. I don't think you should regret that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • YEET
(07-17-2017, 09:28 AM)YEET Wrote:
Updated the marquee a bit... Not entirely done with it yet. I still want to add a few more characters. Thoughts?

[Image: d40c0e2d4ba371657a23d20f480d7482.png]
She has enough details if otherwise equilibrium will be broken

Only details that bustle are the space invender blur with the spaceship and the 3 phantom once on plexiglass with light it may be more blurry if you can catch those on the first picture would be fine

Mais gardez le faisceau laser Wink 

But keep the laser beamWinkVery nice project Smile
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  
[-] The following 1 user Likes EqAtOmBe 's post:
  • YEET
(07-17-2017, 06:43 PM)YEET Wrote:
UPDATE! Big Grin

Woke up, had some coffee, and spent the first 3 hours of the morning gutting out the entire thing. I'm keeping the monitor for now because I'm going to try to use it to keep the "arcade" feel. I don't know if I'll be able to hook it up though. I'm also going to try to salvage the speakers.

Here are some before and after pictures Smile

[Image: 0bdad263a00090628d93a63934e6074e.png]

This project is making my room a mess lol

Thanks for sharing thuis stuff with us?

To me, I can almost picture being a fly on the wall, watching you. (lol)

Your "To Do" list looks pretty daunting!

I'm guessing that arcade machines predated monitors, and were more a TV/CRT style? If thats the case, though, I would also think whatever minotor it has in it now is likely in the last stages of it's lifespan?

Good luck, and looking forward to your next update!
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • YEET
I liked the first marquee you posted better.

You can probably still find a computer CRT somewhere. The last CRT I owned died last year after about 10 years of use. A glossy LCD might give your set up a more classic feel as well.

Sadly, for this forum, your project is the only activity these days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • YEET
(07-20-2017, 01:02 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote: I liked the first marquee you posted better.

You can probably still find a computer CRT somewhere. The last CRT I owned died last year after about 10 years of use. A glossy LCD might give your set up a more classic feel as well.

Sadly, for this forum, your project is the only activity these days.

Things will always be more sparse in the summertime, when people are naturally out and about, hvaing fun, rather than glued to an on-line world.

And everyome could take the initiative that Yeet didm, and post what they are doing during the summer instead! Wink

But yeah, it's nice to be able to keep tabs on this project. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , YEET
update... ugh

SO i got all the parts in but I lost almost all motivation to finish it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯... I've tried for hours to get the LED light strips in the tmolding (first picture on the left). It is literally impossible... I still have to finish the control panel and wire it... yay. I also gotta make the new marquee... even more yay. Welp, here's what it looks like.

[Image: 71f403d4f73a90be5cb415e9c7227e9e.png]
[Image: YEET.png]