Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AGF Is dying. We can change this.
Meh, we cant change if others will be active lol
[Image: 7df844e1a0aa4635a753f4dad3918e81.png]
Kden
@TheLastHazR true lol, simply this
Tired of living.
(07-01-2016, 11:58 PM)Slothy Wrote: Hello all of AGF.
Today I have a serious topic. Slowly I, and other members have noticed that are beloved site Agarioforums is dying. 
Now there are ways to stop it.

First off I know people have school, but we can help fill the spots of people who leave.
1. Share this with all of your friends.
2. Have them share it with there friends
3. Rinse and Repeat

If we all go and spread the word we can have more members.

More things to do.
1. Be Active, talk in shoutbox, post threads, reply. 
2. Find friends here (there are alot of nice people)
3. Play AGF its really fun!

Now things the staff can do @Sora @Gandalf @LKD70 @Voakie @Gertude
The staff are great here, and they are busy keep in mind.
1. Plan Special events. I.E Have competitions for best agario picture 
2. Make some social media accounts for the forum I.E twitter @agarioforums

Lets all work together and help are forums be the best it can be!

-Slothy
Oh wow I made a similar thread called agf is dying a while ago... @Sora changed e name of it cause the thread title was not very friendly. And typing in the chat box won't do anything. I think we should have staff I mentioned this but sora agreed and nothing happened really. I'm not saying I should be staff but people like 101, s11 and craw. Another thing is I suggested we add something to keep the players playing such as a level system like agar.io has. @Sora @ThatWomenLKD70 @LKD70 @Voakie

(07-02-2016, 02:41 AM)Sora Wrote: There isn't too much activity in the forums as of yet, but once the new features are implemented (both ingame and in the forums), there's gonna be a lot challenges and things to do causing people to stay. It'll also help with spreading the game and letting others enjoy it more. I'm working on them constantly, sometime at a slower phase, other times at a faster rate. A lot of things have already been finished, and are just waiting to be implemented since i'd like to implement it all as one big update, rather than a lot of small updates.

@Sora not to be a hater but umm... Last like month or so you said you would make a clan war server I haven't been active on agf at all but I'm guessing that's not added in. Also I disagree that people will come back. I think what needs to happen is you, not Voakie or any of the other staff but you should come on to agf.io and talk to the members cause I don't know about anyone else but people rarely get to talk to you and it would be nice to have you talking to the members and listening to there problems. also I've recommended this about a thousand times but there should be a level system along with coins and purchasable new skin and you can have your own skin added in if you use a bunch of coins. This will keep people active and keep people playing while giving them a reason to play it would also bring in new members
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkyDoge's post:
  • Sora
@Sora is it really dying

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
@Gertude lol I lost it there xD
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Sora
(07-03-2016, 08:19 PM)SkyDoge Wrote:
Today I have a serious topic. Slowly I, and other members have noticed that are beloved site Agarioforums is dying. 

First off I know people have school, but we can help fill the spots of people who leave.
3. Rinse and Repeat

More things to do.

-Slothy
Oh wow I made a similar thread called agf is dying a while ago... @Sora changed e name of it cause the thread title was not very friendly. And typing in the chat box won't do anything. I think we should have staff I mentioned this but sora agreed and nothing happened really. I'm not saying I should be staff but people like 101, s11 and craw. Another thing is I suggested we add something to keep the players playing such as a level system like agar.io has. @Sora @ThatWomenLKD70 @LKD70 @Voakie

(07-02-2016, 02:41 AM)Sora Wrote: There isn't too much activity in the forums as of yet, but once the new features are implemented (both ingame and in the forums), there's gonna be a lot challenges and things to do causing people to stay. It'll also help with spreading the game and letting others enjoy it more. I'm working on them constantly, sometime at a slower phase, other times at a faster rate. A lot of things have already been finished, and are just waiting to be implemented since i'd like to implement it all as one big update, rather than a lot of small updates.

@Sora not to be a hater but umm... Last like month or so you said you would make a clan war server I haven't been active on agf at all but I'm guessing that's not added in. Also I disagree that people will come back. I think what needs to happen is you, not Voakie or any of the other staff but you should come on to agf.io and talk to the members cause I don't know about anyone else but people rarely get to talk to you and it would be nice to have you talking to the members and listening to there problems. also I've recommended this about a thousand times but there should be a level system along with coins and purchasable new skin and you can have your own skin added in if you use a bunch of coins. This will keep people active and keep people playing while giving them a reason to play it would also bring in new members

I agree with what you say. As mentioned, i'm working no adding these things. I think a clan war server would be very much suitable with a Login System and all the other features implemented, so that we have a properly organized clan war server, with a timer, spectator slots, closed arena with a maximum/minimum amount of players, and only allow legitimate clan members to join a clan war. 
Other things I plan to add to a clan war server is an automatic recorder (server-side) which records clan wars and uploads them to a specific YT channel. A clan leaderboard, and rewards for the best clans.

But first things first, need to finish the login system. It's taking a lot of time, especially since i'm not skilled. Still learning.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • Squirrel , Voakie , ℱIRE
(07-04-2016, 07:13 AM)Sora Wrote:

3. Rinse and Repeat

More things to do.

-Slothy

I agree with what you say. As mentioned, i'm working no adding these things. I think a clan war server would be very much suitable with a Login System and all the other features implemented, so that we have a properly organized clan war server, with a timer, spectator slots, closed arena with a maximum/minimum amount of players, and only allow legitimate clan members to join a clan war. 
Other things I plan to add to a clan war server is an automatic recorder (server-side) which records clan wars and uploads them to a specific YT channel. A clan leaderboard, and rewards for the best clans.

But first things first, need to finish the login system. It's taking a lot of time, especially since i'm not skilled. Still learning.

@Sora not skilled? you made the AGF. I cant even make a website with WIX

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breakfast 's post:
  • Relax
(07-04-2016, 07:13 AM)Sora Wrote:

3. Rinse and Repeat

More things to do.

-Slothy

@Sora lol... You make it more complicated than it needs to be. I suggest hiring staff for clan war server to record and moderate chat. And to make sure the right people spawn in there can be a code used to spawn in like the secret server. I don't think there needs to be a timer but as regarding to keeping people out it would be cool to have people spawn in this would show the clans strength. And leaderboards still a good idea. And as a reward we'll ya noob how mods I need ha the aver a right name saying mod or something change it to war champs or add there tag. Also maybe a talk with the head admin through skype. Heck I would find a new clan and compete lol. @Sora pm me with questions.
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
Meh, again we cant change if people are active or not ffs, stop making an entire essay out this sheit
[Image: 7df844e1a0aa4635a753f4dad3918e81.png]
Kden
[-] The following 1 user Likes HazR's post:
  • Relax
I think @Sora tries his best on making new updates, but that takes time. And it's always uncertain how much time will pass when creating stuff, because you always run into issues or stuff that you don't know how to do.

But I'm sure that the wounds of impatiently waiting will be healed by all the new content that will be added Big Grin
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
(07-04-2016, 09:36 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: @Sora lol... You make it more complicated than it needs to be. I suggest hiring staff for clan war server to record and moderate chat. And to make sure the right people spawn in there can be a code used to spawn in like the secret server. I don't think there needs to be a timer but as regarding to keeping people out it would be cool to have people spawn in this would show the clans strength. And leaderboards still a good idea. And as a reward we'll ya noob how mods I need ha the aver a right name saying mod or something change it to war champs or add there tag. Also maybe a talk with the head admin through skype. Heck I would find a new clan and compete lol. @Sora pm me with questions.

When making changes, there is more that you need to consider, than just the substantive ones. You also need to consider the effects of those changes, and any new demands it will make on your time. Taking care of a game is very time consuming -- trust me, because I've been there. (And that was in a time when games were much simpler, because they didn't use graphics.)

I disagree that making members responsible for repetitive and menial tasks is going to make things any better. This means that he'll have to expend further energy deciding which volunteers to select, and that might also spawn some people making claims of corruption/wrongdoing by them.

No. It is far easier, if the game takes care of itself. With automated systems in place, no extra work is needed, and people can rest assured that everything is fair and square.

However, there are many ways to present changes, and each programmer will have his own ideas, and own flair. We should wait to see what he's able to give us!

There's one more thing that I can assure you -- it's likely more work than you'd like to be responsible for.

When someone is providing us with something that is free and fun, I am a firm believer that we thank him for it, rather than rattle off ideas that take little time to come up with, but much more to implement. Don't get me wrong, many of your ideas have merit... but the manner in which you presented them was off.

To me, it came off as someone who was essentially throwing his arms up in the air, saying "I told you so", as if he'd have had the job done long ago.

I hope I'm wrong as to your intent... but your intent isn't the only thing that matters, but also how others perceive it.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
(07-04-2016, 01:32 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 09:36 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: @Sora lol... You make it more complicated than it needs to be. I suggest hiring staff for clan war server to record and moderate chat. And to make sure the right people spawn in there can be a code used to spawn in like the secret server. I don't think there needs to be a timer but as regarding to keeping people out it would be cool to have people spawn in this would show the clans strength. And leaderboards still a good idea. And as a reward we'll ya noob how mods I need ha the aver a right name saying mod or something change it to war champs or add there tag. Also maybe a talk with the head admin through skype. Heck I would find a new clan and compete lol. @Sora pm me with questions.

When making changes, there is more that you need to consider, than just the substantive ones. You also need to consider the effects of those changes, and any new demands it will make on your time. Taking care of a game is very time consuming -- trust me, because I've been there. (And that was in a time when games were much simpler, because they didn't use graphics.)

I disagree that making members responsible for repetitive and menial tasks is going to make things any better. This means that he'll have to expend further energy deciding which volunteers to select, and that might also spawn some people making claims of corruption/wrongdoing by them.

No. It is far easier, if the game takes care of itself. With automated systems in place, no extra work is needed, and people can rest assured that everything is fair and square.

However, there are many ways to present changes, and each programmer will have his own ideas, and own flair. We should wait to see what he's able to give us!

There's one more thing that I can assure you -- it's likely more work than you'd like to be responsible for.

When someone is providing us with something that is free and fun, I am a firm believer that we thank him for it, rather than rattle off ideas that take little time to come up with, but much more to implement. Don't get me wrong, many of your ideas have merit... but the manner in which you presented them was off.

To me, it came off as someone who was essentially throwing his arms up in the air, saying "I told you so", as if he'd have had the job done long ago.

I hope I'm wrong as to your intent... but your intent isn't the only thing that matters, but also how others perceive it.

If we let a bot do the moderating it may false ban people and finding people is very easy and not hard what so ever. 101 and s11 just like that easy. And this is a clan war server not a power ups or what ever server.

(07-04-2016, 09:52 AM)TheLastHazR Wrote: Meh, again we cant change if people are active or not ffs, stop making an entire essay out this sheit

Actually if we make the game more fun which we can do bye adding new servers adding levels and for a great time leaderboards was cool enough to keep me playing. So yes we can change if people are active or if they aren't. All we have to do is give them a reason to keep on playing. I think we should add levels Cus that would be pretty cool. And every level you would get more spawn mass. And we can use agf accounts to sign in and use those accounts similar to the way agar.io uses Facebook as there accounts.
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
(07-04-2016, 02:34 PM)SkyDoge Wrote: If we let a bot do the moderating it may false ban people and finding people is very easy and not hard what so ever. 101 and s11 just like that easy. And this is a clan war server not a power ups or what ever server.

Why would you employ a bot, when you just have to change code?

You use a bot to RESPOND to a program, not add to it.

And I wasn't suggesting you try to do the impossible. Chat should not need to be moderated. When there's a problem, you either ban an account, or restrict it's ability to chat. You can leave a 'report' mechanism for those times when someone with admin rights is not available.

You want score, and levels. Let the program keep that, along with whatever statistics he has time for. Whatever records are done, or files generated as a sort of video log, it can auto-upload.

There's no need for additional human intervention, just the abuse issues, which were already there.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
as I said over a month ago...it's Summertime! I personally am out hiking, biking, swimming, canoeing, and just plain old stoop sitting enjoying the weather!
anyone who knows me, also knows that the mysterious randomly named player that keeps ruining their plans for total domination...is prob me Wink
Here in the northern latitudes we only have a couple of months to crawl out of our caves and gather enough food for next winter, so we make the best of it (which I'm sad to say means less time spent in front of a screen)...so, don't panic, don't fret, nothing is dying, it's just a lil well deserved rest for our hard working friend the interwebs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel
it just died a little more

r.i.pain doge clan
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]