Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the ad system time-based
When a team mode agario server is vastly one-sided, I am sure I am not alone in having to respawn every minute or two for a long time when playing on a losing team. To have to watch a 30-second ad every time is fairly annoying (or every other time, given that some lives last less than 30 seconds).

I suggest a change so that an ad only displays if it is at least 5-10 minutes since the last one.
(07-14-2017, 05:36 PM)AnAgarioPlayer Wrote: When a team mode agario server is vastly one-sided, I am sure I am not alone in having to respawn every minute or two for a long time when playing on a losing team. To have to watch a 30-second ad every time is fairly annoying (or every other time, given that some lives last less than 30 seconds).

I suggest a change so that an ad only displays if it is at least 5-10 minutes since the last one.

Try playing agma.io instead? There are no ads there yet. (lol)

~bearhugs @Sora~

I was also thinking that mostly, it is so pronounced when the #1 and #2 players are teaming... maybe agma could heap on a penalty )such as a much increased decay rate?) to help even things out again?

To me, nothing spells WUSSY like a 1st & 2nd place 'team'.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
We have the same problem playing Classic Mode on mobile. About every 1 in 3 deaths is an ad which usually requires at least 5 to 10 seconds before the “Skip” option appears.

In a really difficult field, average cell life goes down to 10 to 20 seconds or less. This is when ads feel like a punishment for failing!

The strange thing is that in Rush Mode there are no ads until you return to the main screen. I’m just glad Miniclip hasn’t realized this yet.

I hear Ad Blocking software works really well for the browser version.

This is probably another one post vent and leave.
To put it in perspective, during the ad breaks of a 40-minute session of agario I managed to create an account here and write nearly the whole first post, just writing and registering in the ad time. (It was also the same ad every time)
(07-14-2017, 05:52 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 05:36 PM)AnAgarioPlayer Wrote: When a team mode agario server is vastly one-sided, I am sure I am not alone in having to respawn every minute or two for a long time when playing on a losing team. To have to watch a 30-second ad every time is fairly annoying (or every other time, given that some lives last less than 30 seconds).

Try playing agma.io instead? There are no ads there yet. (lol)

~bearhugs @Sora~

I was also thinking that mostly, it is so pronounced when the #1 and #2 players are teaming... maybe agma could heap on a penalty )such as a much increased decay rate?) to help even things out again?

To me, nothing spells WUSSY like a 1st & 2nd place 'team'.

If 2 good teamers are 5 and 6th but then they get 1st and 2nd then is that wuss? Or skill?
[Image: Nj_Pj_Sig.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes NjPj's post:
  • Squirrel
(07-16-2017, 09:23 PM)NjPj Wrote: If 2 good teamers are 5 and 6th but then they get 1st and 2nd then is that wuss? Or skill?

There have been... one or two times that I've accepted a teaming request... and if it were me, and we were #5/6, then as soon as we became #1/2, I would donate my mass to others and start over -- they would have no more need of a team.

The only way I'd team with a #1 person would be if they were great friends of mine, and everyone else was trying to take them down... then I might do some pest.... errr... virus-control for them. lol (Or I might join in, trying to take 'em out, hehe... depending on their mood.)
Fight the Good Fight

There's been a huge misunderstanding. Agarioforums.net doesn't cover agar.io whole other game, our games are Agma.io and Agarioforums.io We can't help you buddy
Btw my real name is Cam, people just call me Kevin

Actually... I just thought of a solution for you.

You won't get your full mass bonus.... but you can just add a browser extension called 'AdBlock Plus', and for me, at least, then all ads were gone.

(It knows though, asks you to disable it, and charges you a starting mass penalty. You could turn it off while you are ion a bad team... and then disable the extension again, so you can choose between not having ads, or the extra mass.)
Fight the Good Fight