Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: Is teaming ok or an advantage of game mechanics
yup
nope
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New solo player
Brick 
New soloist here.(҂-̀_-́)you know what I stand for.
Poll question is actually "is teaming an advantage of the game's mechanics."
[Image: MASTERLITESig.png]
(07-09-2017, 07:32 AM)MASTERLITE Wrote: New soloist here.(҂-̀_-́)you know what I stand for.
Poll question is actually  "is teaming an advantage of the game's  mechanics."

I don't think that teaming is okay, because that was not what the gamemaker had intended. Otherwise, they would not have named it FFA (Free For All) by default.

And yet, indeed, they are taking advantage of game mechanics.

It's great to have another Solo Artist amongst us, and I hope that we'll see you regularly, and that you have a bunch of fun with us here!

And I do enjoy taunting the teamers, who clearly need to have a wingman (or winglady), in order to keep us at bay. (lol)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
There are lots of people specially among my circle of friends that does not like teaming and would do everything to bring them down. 
Teamers take control of the board without any effort or brain power when this is supposed to be a strategy game. Hopefully, they will grow into playing it and realize how boring it is to just be swapping mass instead of having a good fight like I did. 
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sugar's post:
  • Squirrel , ™ Chronic
I like the solo personally Cool 

I take advantage of threading to welcome you and offer you a gift for your arrival
Small avatar and signature Smile

Welcome to have fun and discover many friends Wink 

[Image: MASTERLITEAvatar.png]

[Image: MASTERLITESig.png]
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  
[-] The following 3 users Like EqAtOmBe 's post:
  • Squirrel , Sugar, ™ Chronic
(07-09-2017, 11:58 AM)Sugar Wrote: There are lots of people specially among my circle of friends that does not like teaming and would do everything to bring them down. 
Teamers take control of the board without any effort or brain power when this is supposed to be a strategy game. Hopefully, they will grow into playing it and realize how boring it is to just be swapping mass instead of having a good fight like I did. 

But in  a sense you guys team. Within the pro circle of you're group  you decide sometimes not to eat each other until some one in your group calls a ffa. Plain and simple..that is teaming.
Bullies have personal issues.
(07-12-2017, 03:04 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: But in  a sense you guys team. Within the pro circle of you're group  you decide sometimes not to eat each other until some one in your group calls a ffa. Plain and simple..that is teaming.

You mean, like the way I rarely ever take potshots at Sugar, cause she's in my good books, that makes us 'teamers'?

I'd disagree.

(lol) How about we talk about how you pursue me across the board when I'm trying to leave you be, watching you get smaller and smaller, until you can fly thru a virus unharmed, and you're still trying to kill me?

Doesn't that have to be some kind of twisted team too?! ~teeeeassse!~
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(07-12-2017, 04:29 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 03:04 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: But in  a sense you guys team. Within the pro circle of you're group  you decide sometimes not to eat each other until some one in your group calls a ffa. Plain and simple..that is teaming.

You mean, like the way I rarely ever take potshots at Sugar, cause she's in my good books, that makes us 'teamers'?

I'd disagree.

(lol) How about we talk about how you pursue me across the board when I'm trying to leave you be, watching you get smaller and smaller, until you can fly thru a virus unharmed, and you're still trying to kill me?

Doesn't that have to be some kind of twisted team too?! ~teeeeassse!~
 Killing other players is the name of the game right? And i call chasing you fun even when smaller than you. I do some amazing things with a tiny cell :Smile Never say die.  Nice try twisting the thread around . It's a hijack!  ~teeessse!~ 

" _ You mean, like the way I rarely ever take potshots at Sugar, cause she's in my good books, that makes us 'teamers'? _ " you are helping Sugar  by not attacking her because she is in your good books" How is that not helping or teaming in a sense. There are certain people who will not eat me if they can help it.  I can count on that  when i move close to that cell to kill some one else. I use that to my advantage. That's kind of like teaming except the other party doesn't know it Wink  or they do Wink  ... and why you run from me Squirrel?  Stay and fight. I wouldn't have to chase you.
(07-12-2017, 05:09 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:  Killing other players is the name of the game right? And i call chasing you fun even when smaller than you. I do some amazing things with a tiny cell :Smile Never say die.  Nice try twisting the thread around . It's a hijack!  ~teeessse!~ 

" _ You mean, like the way I rarely ever take potshots at Sugar, cause she's in my good books, that makes us 'teamers'? _ " you are helping Sugar  by not attacking her because she is in your good books" How is that not helping or teaming in a sense. There are certain people who will not eat me if they can help it.  I can count on that  when i move close to that cell to kill some one else. I use that to my advantage. That's kind of like teaming except the other party doesn't know it Wink  or they do Wink  ... and why you run from me Squirrel?  Stay and fight. I wouldn't have to chase you.

Sure, killing is what we do. And I agree, it's fun killing you. ~giggles~

But I normally leave people I like alone... It's just that I often have a quck trigger, and often take surprise shots, and don't realize who I shot at until later. (If at all... lol)

It's just a game, and if I'm not having fun, then you wouldn't find me there.

(Also, I find that it's easier to kill people when they're chasing me... except when it's two huge guys teaming, in which case not all the viruses on the board are going to help you... you're basically waiting for them to &%^#$ up, and figuring that you'll croak before that happens. lol)

Still, if I find it easy to kill you, then in a sense, you're the unwitting teamer, making me bigger! Wink Right??

(There's a point where the Solo vs Teams thing get's silly, and I'm agreeing that I joined the silly side in this post.)

Play and have fun.

THE END
Fight the Good Fight
(07-12-2017, 05:26 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 05:09 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:  Killing other players is the name of the game right? And i call chasing you fun even when smaller than you. I do some amazing things with a tiny cell :Smile Never say die.  Nice try twisting the thread around . It's a hijack!  ~teeessse!~ 

Sure, killing is what we do. And I agree, it's fun killing you. ~giggles~

But I normally leave people I like alone... It's just that I often have a quck trigger, and often take surprise shots, and don't realize who I shot at until later. (If at all... lol)

It's just a game, and if I'm not having fun, then you wouldn't find me there.

(Also, I find that it's easier to kill people when they're chasing me... except when it's two huge guys teaming, in which case not all the viruses on the board are going to help you... you're basically waiting for them to &%^#$ up, and figuring that you'll croak before that happens. lol)

Still, if I find it easy to kill you, then in a sense, you're the unwitting teamer, making me bigger! Wink Right??

(There's a point where the Solo vs Teams thing get's silly, and I'm agreeing that I joined the silly side in this post.)

Play and have fun.

THE END

I don't agree this is the silly side of this  post. It is an issue. where does teaming start and where does it stop.  There is many ways of teaming. But I think I answered to a silly reply.   "But I normally leave people I like alone"  Bingo. Usually a tight group have the same feeling toward each other.  You made my point for me. Just play and kill every one equally and have fun.

THE END
(07-12-2017, 06:13 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: I don't agree this is the silly side of this  post. It is an issue. where does teaming start and where does it stop.  There is many ways of teaming. But I think I answered to a silly reply.   "But I normally leave people I like alone"  Bingo. Usually a tight group have the same feeling toward each other.  You made my point for me. Just play and kill every one equally and have fun.

Deciding that you don't want to pull the trigger on someone, because of who they are to you isn't so much part of any conscious teaming, but a side-effect of life, and those you have met who mean something to you.

And you can no sooner change that feeling when it strikes, because it transcends the game -- we are now in the territory of "who you are" and what's important to you.

So asking them to treat everyone exactly the same in a game is unfair to them, and unrealistic. Because what lives in their minds, collectively, will always be greater than the game.

As I said, everyone is left to have fun in their own way. I won't mind if you come gunning for me. ~grin~ But I may try to leave 'no survivors' more often! ~teeeeaaaase!~
Fight the Good Fight
I'll have to play here more because I like playing solo - but right now I can't even split in the direction I want to, I'm easy fodder -lol In the mobile app, I have been learning to team because I can't hold a good position as a soloist, the Clan teams always come to take me down. I have had a lot of fun teaming in the mobile game when I find someone I'm in sync with or get pushed into a higher paced mode.

And now I have to see Chronic vs. Squirrel ^_^
[img]webkit-fake-url://28fd8d56-ce27-4c20-a622-f31c35ab6e09/imagepng[/img]https: // [Image: Kipper_Sig.png] / tzl2r0ujr / Kipper_Sig.png
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kipper's post:
  • EqAtOmBe
(07-12-2017, 10:53 PM)Kipper Wrote: I'll have to play here more because I like playing solo - but right now I can't even split in the direction I want to, I'm easy fodder -lol  In the mobile app, I have been learning to team because I can't hold a good position as a soloist, the Clan teams always come to take me down. I have had a lot of fun teaming in the mobile game when I find someone I'm in sync with or get pushed into a higher paced mode.

lol... it's not an epic battle or anything! He and I are usually small-fry... and I guess he likes coming for me at times. It's cool -- I count him as a good guy. Games are fun, and meant to be played by all, right?

I've never played the Mobile version, but I understand that it's actually harder to control, since you don't have a mouse...

And I've also heard a Mobile player saying that once you're used to it, it's easier to play Mobile than twith the mouse!

Maybe you'll let us know which you find to be true? (lol)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(07-13-2017, 09:37 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 10:53 PM)Kipper Wrote: I'll have to play here more because I like playing solo - but right now I can't even split in the direction I want to, I'm easy fodder -lol  In the mobile app, I have been learning to team because I can't hold a good position as a soloist, the Clan teams always come to take me down. I have had a lot of fun teaming in the mobile game when I find someone I'm in sync with or get pushed into a higher paced mode.

lol... it's not an epic battle or anything! He and I are usually small-fry... and I guess he likes coming for me at times. It's cool -- I count him as a good guy. Games are fun, and meant to be played by all, right?

I've never played the Mobile version, but I understand that it's actually harder to control, since you don't have a mouse...

And I've also heard a Mobile player saying that once you're used to it, it's easier to play Mobile than twith the mouse!

Maybe you'll let us know which you find to be true? (lol)
I tried a few times on my PC but I couldn't control it at all with the mouse. My cell just wandered off in one direction until eaten. I guess you just get used to whatever format you use  Big Grin It would be nice to have a bigger monitor though so you can see what's just out of sight. Actually on Agma -the screen slid off to the side and I couldn't get it back to centre in time. I'm not sure what I'm doing but the ipad touch screen might be too touchy.
[img]webkit-fake-url://28fd8d56-ce27-4c20-a622-f31c35ab6e09/imagepng[/img]https: // [Image: Kipper_Sig.png] / tzl2r0ujr / Kipper_Sig.png
(07-13-2017, 11:46 PM)Kipper Wrote: I tried a few times on my PC but I couldn't control it at all with the mouse. My cell just wandered off in one direction until eaten. I guess you just get used to whatever format you use  Big Grin It would be nice to have a bigger monitor though so you can see what's just out of sight. Actually on Agma -the screen slid off to the side and I couldn't get it back to centre in time. I'm not sure what I'm doing but the ipad touch screen might be too touchy.

Although it could be different on the Mobile version, I would hope that it isn't.

On the PC, you can have as big or as small a monitor, but you still see the same amoubnt of the board. I think that is only fair... (lol)

When you use windows that aren't the full size of the screen, I believe that you never see more of the board, but may see less.
Fight the Good Fight
Lets make it a simple answer, it says no where in the rules that its FFA by default on Agma.io maybe on agar.io but it doesnt say it on here.
Btw my real name is Cam, people just call me Kevin