Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No point in playing FFA
I have been one of the first to play agar.io when it came out: it was a pleasant game. It was unbelievable to see how balls and two keys could provide an enjoyable game experience.

I have come back after more than one year and found things completely different: there is no pleasure in playing this game any more due to teams or (too) cooperative players.

Now I get eaten as soon as I am born at 30 mass. I get eaten by very large cells that have no real earning in splitting for a mass in the 30-100 range (or more). But it's not problem since by splitting and providing half of them to the team leaders, they keep the team growing.

As soon as I get in the top 10, I see large groups of incredibly large cells coming toward me to eat me. Even if I am in the 1200-1500 I see cells in the 8000 range to hunt me down. Years ago I used to be able to reach the top position every once in a while: now I get destroyed as soon as I enter the top 10.

This is a free game for which we can only thank the programmers so my rant here is only caused by the grieve of having lost a funny thing to do in a 10-minute break.

The logic of the game has been thought considering 'solo' playing, not teams. In teams everything is too simple.

- when splitting in two a cell becomes weaker: you eat, become bigger, and then stay for a while in a weaker position. But this is not true in teams. 

- Furthermore, when you split you see more of the world surrounding you. When playing solo you see less space than people who can stay split because they are in teams. This is unfair.

- Years ago, no cells used to overlay on top of another one without any possibility to eat. It would weaken their position wrt to larger cells. But now, with teams, I have cells that follow me for minutes, then another player of the same team (sometime for sure since they have the same name) donate some mass and they eat me.

- There are plenty of players of act as baits. No problem in doing that since, when things go wrong and they get eaten, they just restart and receive mass from their teammates.

The current logic and physics of the game have no point at all with the current way of playing. I am aware that every 'protection' is easy to circumvent, but - really - it is a pity that this game has become unplayable.

1) I would pay to have a moderator to watch the games (a sample of) and ban the players who form teams in particular rooms/servers.

2) There should be some check on the number of times per minute you can restart the game, in this way people would think twice before playing in teams and sacrificing themselves in order to save another player.

3) Years ago viruses were a 'barrier' against becoming to big, now it is enough to split. By splitting you become even bigger. This has no point at all.

4) Limit the maximum size of cells, really. The game become incredibly boring when you reach the 2000 mass: at that point you need to form a team otherwise you fall asleep. Limit the max size, the game is not playable when one quarter of the universe is filled by a single cell.

5) Please invent something to restrict team playing in specific rooms. I am among the players who would pay to return to the original idea and gist of agar.io.

I know nothing will happen: modifying all of this requires resources, time, money and this is a free game. But I do hope something will happen.
[-] The following 6 users Like lordthistle's post:
  • Doigt, Lucyfer, Reaction , Squirrel , Sugar, ™ Chronic
Nothing will happen. Get over with it. That's what I did and it's one of the best decisions I've taken in my life when it's about games. It was so frustrating to see these cheaters change the way the game is played. Agario is forever lost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel
I don't play the game anymore as well. I still check once in a while if there are any updates, but there were non for months now. But what's worse, completely nothing was done in regard of antiteaming since the original developer of Agario implemented the very first (and what happend to be the last) mechanism to prevent abusing of cooperation between players in FFA.
For me, as a soloist, the game is lost for good with the current mechanics. And since there is absolutely no hope to get things better, I am close to completely lose interest in this game.
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • Squirrel
(07-06-2017, 11:44 AM)lordthistle Wrote: I have been one of the first to play agar.io when it came out: it was a pleasant game. It was unbelievable to see how balls and two keys could provide an enjoyable game experience.

~much evil expeience snipped~

5) Please invent something to restrict team playing in specific rooms. I am among the players who would pay to return to the original idea and gist of agar.io.

I know nothing will happen: modifying all of this requires resources, time, money and this is a free game. But I do hope something will happen.

I thought that the public game, at least, had something in there to dissuade teams (they would get very little score), but I'm not sure how effective it was.

It's in all the other games too...

It's cool. I don't care if I die, and if I have an encounter with a team, I taunt then in the game chat (We're talking about AGMA now, heh.)

It doesn't do much good... but I don't care. Agar.io is a good time waster, and why should you allow yourself to get mad over that??

(But, like Doigt said, if you can't help but get angry over this, then it's probably best if you stop playing...)

Me?  I'll try to keep on ball-shaming them. (lol)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt
(07-06-2017, 11:44 AM)lordthistle Wrote: I have been one of the first to play agar.io when it came out: it was a pleasant game. It was unbelievable to see how balls and two keys could provide an enjoyable game experience.

I have come back after more than one year and found things completely different: there is no pleasure in playing this game any more due to teams or (too) cooperative players.

Now I get eaten as soon as I am born at 30 mass. I get eaten by very large cells that have no real earning in splitting for a mass in the 30-100 range (or more). But it's not problem since by splitting and providing half of them to the team leaders, they keep the team growing.

As soon as I get in the top 10, I see large groups of incredibly large cells coming toward me to eat me. Even if I am in the 1200-1500 I see cells in the 8000 range to hunt me down. Years ago I used to be able to reach the top position every once in a while: now I get destroyed as soon as I enter the top 10.

This is a free game for which we can only thank the programmers so my rant here is only caused by the grieve of having lost a funny thing to do in a 10-minute break.

The logic of the game has been thought considering 'solo' playing, not teams. In teams everything is too simple.

- when splitting in two a cell becomes weaker: you eat, become bigger, and then stay for a while in a weaker position. But this is not true in teams. 

- Furthermore, when you split you see more of the world surrounding you. When playing solo you see less space than people who can stay split because they are in teams. This is unfair.

- Years ago, no cells used to overlay on top of another one without any possibility to eat. It would weaken their position wrt to larger cells. But now, with teams, I have cells that follow me for minutes, then another player of the same team (sometime for sure since they have the same name) donate some mass and they eat me.

- There are plenty of players of act as baits. No problem in doing that since, when things go wrong and they get eaten, they just restart and receive mass from their teammates.

The current logic and physics of the game have no point at all with the current way of playing. I am aware that every 'protection' is easy to circumvent, but - really - it is a pity that this game has become unplayable.

1) I would pay to have a moderator to watch the games (a sample of) and ban the players who form teams in particular rooms/servers.

2) There should be some check on the number of times per minute you can restart the game, in this way people would think twice before playing in teams and sacrificing themselves in order to save another player.

3) Years ago viruses were a 'barrier' against becoming to big, now it is enough to split. By splitting you become even bigger. This has no point at all.

4) Limit the maximum size of cells, really. The game become incredibly boring when you reach the 2000 mass: at that point you need to form a team otherwise you fall asleep. Limit the max size, the game is not playable when one quarter of the universe is filled by a single cell.

Hey, I am one of those that are against teaming. So are most of the people in my circle. We enjoy the solo game. We play mostly on agma.io and agarioforums.io 
I find that there are going to be teamers no matter what. There are just people who's mentality is just to get to 1st even if there's not strategy or real game play involve. 
But I appreciate how you provided solutions that hopefully the developers will take in the future. I really hope they dedicate a server only for solos and one for teams. 
The good thing is if there is enough good players that are around, they break the teams apart and people can solo. So hopefully we see more of you in the game, be one of us who break the teamers. 
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
there was a glitch to join a specific ffa game, but they patched it @Lucyfer

[Image: giphy.gif]
You heard the man.
teams   : hate them love them . W\e there will always be something. Teams are a break from chasing the same few "elite" predictable soloists around the server day after day. Boring. And its good to see them get knocked down once in a while to keep them real.  Teams aren't the only players who "have that #1 mentality no matter what. Some soloists have the same mentality.  Just sayin.
Bullies have personal issues.
(07-08-2017, 07:30 AM)Sugar Wrote: Hey, I am one of those that are against teaming. So are most of the people in my circle. We enjoy the solo game. We play mostly on agma.io and agarioforums.io 
I find that there are going to be teamers no matter what. There are just people who's mentality is just to get to 1st even if there's not strategy or real game play involve. 
But I appreciate how you provided solutions that hopefully the developers will take in the future. I really hope they dedicate a server only for solos and one for teams. 
The good thing is if there is enough good players that are around, they break the teams apart and people can solo. So hopefully we see more of you in the game, be one of us who break the teamers. 

Hmm, I like you in purple. (lol) Maybe you could add highlights to your hair! Big Grin

We'll have to wait and see, on whether or not any effort will be made into discouraging teamers. But as Doigt and Lucy said, I think it would be a mistake to hold your breath.

And yes, I love it when someone breaks up a team. I love doing it myself... But you know, of late teaming seems so prevalent, that as soon as the top dog's little partner is slagged, there is the top dog popping a few W's by way of invitation... and a split second later there's a massive W-geyser, and a new team is born... From old to new, total time, 10 seconds, maybe 20.

What I'd like to see instead, is a "Code of Conduct" for Solo guys (and gals Wink ), where when #1 is part of a team, all the Solo people stop attacking each other, and move in on the Top Dog & their teammate.

Once the team is fully wiped out, then it returns to a FFA. Wink

I dunno, what do you think??

I think that it could work??
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Sugar, ™ Chronic
(07-09-2017, 11:25 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 07:30 AM)Sugar Wrote: Hey, I am one of those that are against teaming. So are most of the people in my circle. We enjoy the solo game. We play mostly on agma.io and agarioforums.io 

Hmm, I like you in purple. (lol) Maybe you could add highlights to your hair! Big Grin

We'll have to wait and see, on whether or not any effort will be made into discouraging teamers. But as Doigt  and Lucy said, I think it would be a mistake to hold your breath.

And yes, I love it when someone breaks up a team. I love doing it myself... But you know, of late teaming seems so prevalent, that as soon as the top dog's little partner is slagged, there is the top dog popping a few W's by way of invitation... and  a split second later there's a massive W-geyser, and a new team is born... From old to new, total time, 10 seconds, maybe 20.

What I'd like to see instead, is a "Code of Conduct" for Solo guys (and gals Wink ), where when #1 is part of a team, all the Solo people stop attacking each other, and move in on the Top Dog & their teammate.

Once the team is fully wiped out, then it returns to a FFA. Wink

I dunno, what do you think??

I think that it could work??

I have always dreamed of having purple hair, maybe one of these days. Once I muster the confidence to pull it off. 

I think that is a good idea. Among the circle of people I know whenever we are playing and there are teamers we do that. We stop killing each other for a while and then once the teamers are taken down. We are back at it. 

But not everyone cooperates of course, there are people we don't know and they don't know what we were doing. So we just have to maneuver our way also around those people. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sugar's post:
  • Squirrel
"Code of Conduct" for Solo guys (and gals Wink ), where when #1 is part of a team, all the Solo people stop attacking each other, and move in on the Top Dog & their teammate" That is the way to go. It should be up to the players to remove the team. But how do you get mssg to the players . I have tried to motivate players before to do this in the chat box. Maybe 1 or 2 would respond. Mostly the regulars would act but many times there are no regulars there. You would have to post the Code of Conduct some where " in their faces"That's a good job for @Sugar. She is probably in all the circles and players listen to her. Mostly it would be so awesome to kill a "good " team in a full on charge Big Grin Big Grin I would be up for that
Bullies have personal issues.
(07-09-2017, 12:03 PM)Sugar Wrote: I have always dreamed of having purple hair, maybe one of these days. Once I muster the confidence to pull it off. 

I think that is a good idea. Among the circle of people I know whenever we are playing and there are teamers we do that. We stop killing each other for a while and then once the teamers are taken down. We are back at it. 

But not everyone cooperates of course, there are people we don't know and they don't know what we were doing. So we just have to maneuver our way also around those people. 

You should definitely do it. I have seen black hair w/ purple highlights a few times, and it looks awwesome!

And I want a pic when you do it, too!! Big Grin

We could whisper to the Solo players to come here & read the message about the 'Solo Code of Conduct', and then just bump the thread, so that they can find it easily. (lol)

It could work, no??
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sugar
(07-09-2017, 03:15 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 12:03 PM)Sugar Wrote: I have always dreamed of having purple hair, maybe one of these days. Once I muster the confidence to pull it off. 

You should definitely do it. I have seen black hair w/ purple highlights a few times, and it looks awwesome!

And I want a pic when you do it, too!! Big Grin

We could whisper to the Solo players to come here & read the message about the 'Solo Code of Conduct', and then just bump the thread, so that they can find it easily. (lol)

It could work, no??
yeah that would be great, just purple highlights. when my hair goes back to its natural state. Right now it's permed. 

Yeah you can tell the other players to follow this conduct.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sugar's post:
  • Squirrel

I agree with this. FAA should be nonteam.