Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agar.io Social Network Concept
I recently launched a Kickstarter for a social network that lets you interact in a dynamic, real-time environment much like agar.io 
We are working on what we call a "Living User Interface" which we think could change how people connect online. Imagine being able to go around in agar.io and talk with other players or drop a picture onto the white canvas. I actually came up with this concept over 2 years ago but I definitely see some parallels to agar.io and I would love to hear your feedback. You can check it out here:
[/url]
[url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/918187197/hangbee-discover-the-new-way-to-connect]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/918187197/hangbee-discover-the-new-way-to-connect

Thoughts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillC's post:
  • Squirrel
(06-13-2016, 10:00 PM)WillC Wrote: I recently launched a Kickstarter for a social network that lets you interact in a dynamic, real-time environment much like agar.io 
We are working on what we call a "Living User Interface" which we think could change how people connect online. Imagine being able to go around in agar.io and talk with other players or drop a picture onto the white canvas. I actually came up with this concept over 2 years ago but I definitely see some parallels to agar.io and I would love to hear your feedback. You can check it out here:
[/url]
[url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/918187197/hangbee-discover-the-new-way-to-connect]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/918187197/hangbee-discover-the-new-way-to-connect

Thoughts?

First of all, I'd like to applaud you for trying to create something that is flexible, and potentially adaptable to many different methods of interacting.

I don't think that you could get game developers on-board, unless your product became so widely used, and you encouraged your userbase to cajole game makers to try incorporating it.

I have many questions, though.

If you have no ads, then how do you cover your expenses in making and maintaining this?

You say that the product "takes full advantage of breakthroughs in low latency and network speeds" -- I assume you're just saying "You can now do this, because many people have more bandwidth available to them than they are currently using"? Your product sounds like it would be similar to a chat/Skype-type application in the amount of bandwidth it takes. You could tier quality of some things (graphics primarily), to allow those who don't have much extra bandwidth to not be left frustrated with the result.

I look at it like a more agile and graphic-based app like Skype.

But I think it would be hard to play both agario, and use this, at the same time.

If you had dual monitors, you could use your "Share"-type hive on one monitor, and play the game on the other.

You might even be able to allow people to develop 'game plug-ins' that would allow you to share information on people playing the same game by yourselves, and not relying on the game for anything, other than the visual data it provides.

I'm not entirely sure that that's possible, however. If all memory is application-specific, and is reserved for, and only accessible by the application that generated it, I don't see how this 'plug in' would be possible. But it you can pull the same graphics that a game is displaying to a user in one window, as 'read only', then you could analyse and share.. for example, when playing agar.io, and you locate one of the corners (by clearly running into it), that could then accurately place you on a map, and it could continue to track that, and share with other users. Eventually, you'd know where everyone on your team was. Add a voice link, and you could plot how to ambush people, and so on. Smile

Regardless, best of luck to you and any who are helping in your venture!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Dzia