Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: In your opinion, which is better?
MacBook Pro 15" 2015
MacBook Pro 15" 2017
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help?
So currently I am researching to buy a MacBook Pro for school because my gaming computer isn't portable and is very unpractical for what I need. I'm looking at two right now, the 2015 MacBook Pro 15" vs. the 2017 MacBook Pro 15".

2015 MacBook Pro Pros
- Cheaper
- Light up apple logo
- Still has all the ports
- Mag Safe charging port
- Better keyboard
- Better trackpad

2015 MacBook Pro Cons
- Bulkier than newer models
- Less powerful CPU & GPU
- Screen isn't as good as newer models 
- Down Firing speakers

2017 MacBook Pro Pros
- Slim design
- Quiet Fans
- Amazing Screen
- Touchbar
- Bigger trackpad
- Noticeably more powerful
- "Amazing" speakers
- Touch ID

2017 MacBook Pro Cons
- Only has 4 USB-C ports
- No Mag Safe charging port
- More expensive
- Glowing Apple killed
- Worse keyboard
- Touchbar
- Really big trackpad

I have never owned an apple laptop before but I have always had iPhones. When it came to computers, I've only had windows. When I was younger I had an iMac Mini hooked up to a CRT Monitor though. My sisters have macBook air's and they love them but I'm not sure if the same applies for Pro's. If there's anyone who has a 2015 MacBook or even a 2017 MacBook I really would like your opinion to help me decide on either one. As of right now I'm leaning towards the 2015 Pro mainly because of the ports...
[Image: YEET.png]
(06-27-2017, 06:34 PM)YEET Wrote: So currently I am researching to buy a MacBook Pro for school because my gaming computer isn't portable and is very unpractical for what I need. I'm looking at two right now, the 2015 MacBook Pro 15" vs. the 2017 MacBook Pro 15".

~snips MacBook specs~

I have never owned an apple laptop before but I have always had iPhones. When it came to computers, I've only had windows. When I was younger I had an iMac Mini hooked up to a CRT Monitor though. My sisters have macBook air's and they love them but I'm not sure if the same applies for Pro's. If there's anyone who has a 2015 MacBook or even a 2017 MacBook I really would like your opinion to help me decide on either one. As of right now I'm leaning towards the 2015 Pro mainly because of the ports...

Probably the main thing to remember is that the Mac uses a totally different O/S -- it is UNIX-based... And that will mean that a bunch of software may not necessarily have versions for Mac/UNIX O/S's. So I would at least start by checking all of the software that you definitely want/need to make sure you can get it for the MacBook. If there's one or two you can't get, you could then check for alternative applications, and so on.

I started as an 'Apple Man'. My first Apple cost more than $3K and didn't have a shift key. (lol... it was so old, you had to use thye 'ESC' key to change to uppercase. :| And I have no clue why I remember that. lol)

Hopefully, Apple has changed... but the criticisms I had of them, is they tended to change products too quickly, and fade support out before was necessary. I am a miser, and like to get good value for my dollar, and while their quality was generally excellent, I had misgivings with the quality.

I like to get a good 5-7 years out of a computer.

But a lot of time has passed since I used one, so hopefully they are better these days.

Good luck with your research!

(06-27-2017, 07:59 PM)Relax Wrote: [Image: Screen_Shot_2017-06-27_at_3.58.20_PM.png]

lol....

You love teasing that guy. He probably said it just to get a rise out of you...

~cough~ NPI
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Kerry
I would go with the 2015 MacBook pro it may not be your high end computer but I'll get you through school Smile I've personally never owned one but my friends tell me it's good

Since it has the ports and stuff, and I think Mac has a good program for writing essays and stuff (no I'm not talking text edit)
Hi bud. I can help you, as I know some stuff into gaming. Mac book, isn't good for gaming. You seem to look for a portable. What is your price range?
~ Valence ~

- also known as Kerry Big Grin
(07-10-2017, 10:38 AM)Kerry Wrote: Hi bud. I can help you, as I know some stuff into gaming. Mac book, isn't good for gaming. You seem to look for a portable. What is your price range?

Well, I'm mostly looking for a laptop for work. I am also considering a Razer Blade because you get more for your $, it's good for working, and I can still play games if I so desire.
[Image: YEET.png]
I would get the MacNugget Pro 420" 2069 if I were you.
[Image: jessfond.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Jess's post:
  • Kerry, YEET