Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diep.io tutorial
Hello everyone,

This thread is about the game Diep.io . It contains a walktrough of elements in the game

Check it out here----> http://diep.io/

You can read it all or you can check out the tabs, as listed below \/

(--1--) Controls
(--2--) The Map
(--3--) Upgrading stats
(--4--) Upgrading tanks
(--5--) Gamemodes
(--6--) Bosses (WORK IN PROGRESS)

(--1--)
The controls are simple:
Use your arrow keys to move around
Move mouse to aim
Press Left-mouse button to shoot
Hold Left-mouse button shoot continuously
Press -E- to (de)activate autofire
Press -C- to automatically spin your tank
Holding down -Y- reveals a circle with all the tanks and branches

(--2--)
On the map there are different obstacles which can be used to gather points
[Image: SFSsGIX.png][Image: jp0MP2C.png][Image: emmn9lA.png]
         10                      25                     130
These numbers are the amounts of points they bring up. You can earn these points by shooting them or hitting them with your tank. When you use the last methode, you will also take damage.

In the middle of the map there are a lot of blue obstacles
[Image: piBNfux.png]
The pink triangles are only located near this map centre and will come after you until they hit you or you shoot them.

There is a gray triangle which says 'leader'. This points to the person on the top of the leaderboard. It will fade, as soon as you get close to the leader.

(--3--)
When you earn points you can upgrade your stats:
Health regen- increases the regeneration of health
Max health- increases the maximum amount of health
Body damage- increases the amount of damage you inflict when you collide with an obstacle or another player
Bullet speed- increases the speed of your bullets
Bullet penetration- bullets have a higher chance to penetrate multiple obstacles or players
Bullet damage- increases the damage of your bullets
Reload- increases firing speed
Movement speed- makes your tank go faster

The maximum of stat points you can earn is 33, and you can upgrade each stat to level 7 max. (Exception: Smasher can only upgrade health regen, max health, body damage and movement speed. You can upgrade these stats to level 10 max. The other stats are disabled)

(--4--)
You can level up. For every 15 levels you can get a tank upgrade.
Level 15 (Tier 1)
Level 30 (Tier 2)
Level 45 (Tier 3)

Basic tank

Tier 1 Upgrades
Twin shot: Has 2 barrels which each shoot seperately, thus giving you a larger fire rate
Flank guard: Has a half barrel on the opposite side of the main cannon. It fires 1 bullet for every 2 bullets from the main barrel
Machine gun: Has a larger fire rate but more inaccuracy
Sniper: Has a larger range of vision and a much larger bullet speed
Tier 2 Upgrades
Twin Flank: Upgrade from the flank guard. Has double barrels on opposite sides. When one side shoots, the opposite side shoots as well.
Quadshot: Upgrade from the flank guard. Has 4 barrels which each shoot in 90 degree angles.
Destroyer: Upgrade from the machine gun. Fires large bullets which do tons of damage.
Tri-angle: Upgrade from the flank guard. Has 2 flanks on strange angles which shoot on command.
Triplet: Upgrade from twin shot. Has 3 cannons with a high fire rate.
Assassin: Upgrade from sniper. Increases range of vision, bullet damage and fire rate.
Triple shot: Upgrade from twin shot. Has 3 cannons which are further apart and fire on command.
Overseer: Upgrade from sniper. Fires up to 8 triangles which follow your mouse.
Gunner: Uprgade from machine gun. Has 4 cannons which fire small bullets rapidly.
Sprayer: Uprgade from machine gun. Adds an additional cannon to the front that fires smaller bullets, along with the machine gun itself.
Hunter: Upgrade from sniper. Shoots 2 bullets at the same time.
Trapper: Upgrader from sniper. Shoots traps which stay for a while and damage enemies.
Smasher: Uprgade from basic tank. Has no cannons but can be used to damage tanks by contact (Note that you have to play with your basic tank until level 30)
Auto 3: Uprgade from flank guard. Has 3 cannons which automatically shoot at tanks and obstacles.
Tier 3 Upgrades
(Below each tank are '+' and '-' symbols. A '+' indicates a good strength/effect or the tank and a '-' indicates a weakness/negative effect of the tank. All of these pros and cons are from personal experience and observations)
Octo-tank: Upgrade from quad shot. Shoots bullets in 8 dircetions.
Triplet: Upgrade from triple shot. Has 3 cannons on the front which fire rapidly.
Triple flank: Upgrade from twin flank. Shoots rapidly in 3 different angles.
Hyrbid: Upgrade from Destroyer. Same as destroyer, but has up to 2 triangles that automatically attack enemy tanks and obstacles.
Booster: Upgrade from tri-angle. Adds 2 cannons close to the back ones. Those allow for a higher boost.
Fighter: Upgrade from tri-angle. Adds 2 cannons in a 90 degree angle from the main cannon.
X-Hunter: Upgrade form hunter. Shoots 3 bullets in a short time.
Ranger: Upgrade from assassin. The only difference is that the ranger has a larger range.
Overlord: Upgrade from overseer. Adds 2 additional cannons to the sides and allows you to have 8 triangles.
     + When fully upgraded, it's drones deal massive amounts of damage and can kill pretty much anything.
     - If your drones are far away from your tank, the tank is very vulnerable.
     - Tanks with fast reload or/and high movement speed can be quite difficult to deal with.
Manager: Upgrade from overseer. Controls 8 triangles and becomes invisible when not moving.
Tri-trapper: Upgrade from trapper. Lays down traps on 3 sides much quicker but they disappear quicker.
Gunner trapper: Upgrade from trapper. Has 2 small cannons on the front and shoots traps from behind.
Overtrapper: Upgrade from trapper. Shoots traps at the front and has 2 additional traingles.
Mega trapper: Upgrade from trapper. Shoots larger traps which deal more damage.
Autotrapper: Upgrade from trapper. Adds an additional cannon which automatically shoots at enemies.
Pentashot: Upgrade from triple shot. Has 5 cannons close to eachother to make a bullet rain.
Stalker: Upgrade from assassin. Becomes invisible when not using controls. Handy for surprise attacks.
Necromancer: Upgrade from overseer. Enchants yellow squares upon contact. Enchanted squares will follow your mouse and damage obstacles and players.
     + It can overwhelm other tanks because it can have a large number of enchanted squares.
     - It can literally become defenceless if it has no more squares.
     - Tanks with fast reload or/and high movement speed can be quite difficult to deal with.
Landmine: Upgrade from smasher. Becomes invisible when you're not moving.
Streamliner: Upgrade from gunner. Has 1 cannon which fires rapidly.
Spreadshot: Upgrade from triple shot. Shoots bullets in 11 directions.
Auto 5: Uprgade from auto 3. Has 5 cannons which automatically shoot at tanks and obstacles.
     + It shoots automatically
     - It doesn't shoot at bullets, so this tank has a weakness against an overlord or necromancer.

When you die, you wont lose all your levels. Depending on how high your level was, you must respawn quickly to start with extra levels

(--5--) 

FFA
Gamemode where everyone can kill eachother.
Team DM
Two teams compete against eachother. Each has a spawn zone where no enemies can get near or enter. Spawn stretch out from top to bottom.
Domination
Two or four teams fight for control over 4 large dominators. Spawn areas are in random corners of the map. Each obstacle gives 2x the amount of points.
Mothership
In each team, a player has control over the mothership. The players must destroy the other team's mothership while keeping theirs alive.

Tag mode
Each player joins the red or blue (or green or purple) team. When you die, you'll respawn as the other colour. The game ends if all players are the same colour.

Press [Tab] to switch servers 

(--6--) 
(WORK IN PROGRESS)

*Important Notes*
-1- This tutorial may not be 100% up-to-date. I'll try my best to keep it updated.
-2- Not every change/addition will be included here immediately. It can take some time to get included.
-3- The pros and cons are from personal experience/observations. You might think differently.

If I missed anything, make a post down below!
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 12 users Like ℱIRE 's post:
  • Breakfast , ElectricSeat, Hive_Soviet, Konoha , Mr Yo, Reaction , Relax , Robin , Sora, V1tal, Voakie , ✨101✨
NOTE: You can go inside the obstacles to get the points, but you will get damage(lose health) from that. The best way to break obstacles is shooting at them.
Tired of living.
[-] The following 1 user Likes V1tal's post:
  • ℱIRE
(05-20-2016, 06:19 PM)V1tal Wrote: NOTE: You can go inside the obstacles to get the points, but you will get damage(lose health)  from that. The best way to break obstacles is shooting at them.

Thx man I'll add it!

(05-20-2016, 06:35 PM)ℱIRE Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 06:19 PM)V1tal Wrote: NOTE: You can go inside the obstacles to get the points, but you will get damage(lose health)  from that. The best way to break obstacles is shooting at them.

Thx man I'll add it!

No problem Smile
Tired of living.
I have played this game before and personally didn't like it, But that's all because I honestly did not have a clue what to do, Thanks for this great tutorial, I may begin to play this as I now know the basics.

Thank you.

-Greets,
Web Developer 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dzia 's post:
  • ℱIRE
LOL I WAS JUST GOING TO MAKE A THREAD ON THIS WTF
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
(05-20-2016, 11:40 PM)~XC Wrote: LOL I WAS JUST GOING TO MAKE A THREAD ON THIS WTF

2 people, 1 thought Big Grin

Well I actually just made a thread on an idea I had, so you and everyone else should check that one out! @ℱIRE you could definetly lead the diep.io thread.

Check it out here!
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3337
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
look at my channel, DolpinsFTW and you can ind me gettin to the ma level. more coming soon (i hit max as overseer, itll be going up sooon i realized I need to speed it up and this time it isnt laggy)
Dude great thread! All the info is spot on and really helpful because sometimes I forget where specific upgrades are. Nice work

--- Agar.io split runner and his coach ---

[Image: c4d9df0.gif]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr Yo's post:
  • ℱIRE
(05-21-2016, 06:17 PM)Mr Yo Wrote: Dude great thread! All the info is spot on and really helpful because sometimes I forget where specific upgrades are. Nice work

Thx m8! Glad you find it useful  Smile

I find it very Helpful for new players and such good job!
FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
[Image: 20120812153730!Flag_of_Russia.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hive_Soviet's post:
  • ℱIRE
(05-21-2016, 07:02 PM)Hive_Soviet Wrote: I find it very Helpful for new players and such good job!

Thx man!

That game is so hard
Turtle was here   Heart
[Image: giphy_6.gif?width=400&height=267]
Nice job Dood i like it...
[Image: Robin.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robin 's post:
  • ℱIRE