Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4.47 Average
A drastic change in the community and its prospects
(05-30-2017, 09:39 PM)Conquest Wrote: Literally have a member who is highly ranked called ~snips the immaterial~ like, let's be real just cause she has tits doesn't mean she is better than every other person lmao atleast be consistent with your rules.

We had this tired debate back when they became a member.

I'm pretty sure you were a part of that, too.

So why kick a carcass??

I now know of 2 gals that you went after... And yet, once upon a long ago, you played for the girls side, with me, in a game.

I just don't understand you anymore.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora, Sugar
(05-31-2017, 04:40 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 09:39 PM)Conquest Wrote: Literally have a member who is highly ranked called ~snips the immaterial~ like, let's be real just cause she has tits doesn't mean she is better than every other person lmao atleast be consistent with your rules.

We had this tired debate back when they became a member.

I'm pretty sure you were a part of that, too.

So why kick a carcass??

I now know of 2 gals that you went after... And yet, once upon a long ago, you played for the girls side, with me, in a game.

I just don't understand you anymore.

Well when one of them started insulting me for no reason, I apologised, then they kept on.... AND THEN I WAS TOLD TO APOLOGISE BY SORA (Even though I was ignoring her and she was STILL insulting me)

I was even threatened to be banned by 101 but that was a normal thing lmao
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

[-] The following 1 user Likes Conquest's post:
  • Demon King
(05-31-2017, 09:42 AM)Conquest Wrote: Well when one of them started insulting me for no reason, I apologised, then they kept on.... AND THEN I WAS TOLD TO APOLOGISE BY SORA (Even though I was ignoring her and she was STILL insulting me)

I was even threatened to be banned by 101 but that was a normal thing lmao

I gather the person you're talking about, is one you also came to understand that I would kind of "look out for"... If I'm right, then I really believe that the initial responses that you took as insults were just intended jokingly, and that that is why there was what you considered... uneven, and likely unjust treatment.

As time wore on, and those against them won, getting them to stop posting and eventually disappear altogether... it's like remembering someone...who died. I still miss them, and hope that I was right -- that they never fooled me by having an evil side that I didn't see... And maybe one day they'll come back?? I hope so. (Maybe they are reading right now. They could just pick a new name, and start over...)

But there were a number of you all claiming the same thing, and with time, I dunno whether I was right or not. I can only know what I was there for, after all. Everything that I saw, I saw as a joking/teasingby them, which I must say that I do myself regularly (and... I can only speak for myself here... but for me, that means that I like you... whether that's weird or not).

I'm still sad that they are gone, but I'm no longer angry at the people who made that happen, although I continue to believe that it is wrong.

And since it's over, I don't see why you should have to be stuck back a few chapters earlier... just come back, be the happy and fun Conquest that I remember from the beginning?? That's who I remember, because that's who I choose to remember. In a way, seeing you like the way you have been... I just see it as having lost multiple people. Which just makes the feeling worse.

How about stowing the stubbornness, calling it a tie/did-not-happen (as I am, now), and just remember how it was before?

PS: I still feel like I lost a friend... All the constant :poop: they took from people is a bad memory here... and really, the only bad memory that comes to mind. And I hate that the person I consider that I lost stopped trying, gave in to the BS, and moved on... because they didn't "move on" with me, and I will likely never speak to them or hear from them again. But this is an opportunity to practise forgiveness, as well, and concentrate instead on the good we can have with the people who are left.

PPS: We recently also regained, and then re-relost another person that, although I know they were often brusque and unforgiving -- especially when they felt they'd been wronged -- I enjoyed a part of them too, and while (OK, not this time, but I don't have all the details, and no-one needs to "consult" with me here -- I am nothing; just another user) I understand why they can be kicked off, and are now-and-then bad for the place... Again, I also know I've enjoyed some of the time with them, and again, I choose to remember the good, more so than the bad...

In a way, I see the two as parallels, except the one, I saw as being innocent of all charges, and the other guilty of a fiery-temper that made him say stuff that.. is best not seen.

And if both of them see that last line, they will likely both hate me.

I don't care.

I like 'em both...

But the Forums is a bigger place than any one person. And we don't get to choose who stays, who leaves, who enjoys it, and who gets bored and is never seen again... or who is kicked. The people in charge do their best... but they are still human, and they will make mistakes.

Me not being an official part of that team (although, perhaps in a small way, I am -- I love this place, and will always support it), means I get to express my opinions, right or wrong... and means that I don't need to make decisions that end up being either... right or wrong. (If that makes sense.)

Sorry for another long post.

But the things I am most sensitive about, make me ramble more than the others.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
(05-30-2017, 10:11 PM)Relax Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 09:47 PM)Doigt Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 12:53 PM)Mikasa Wrote: questioning the admin's choices.

That is where you are wrong. As a human, neither admin nor moderator is perfect or above questioning and this can done publicly if done in a proper manner, without disrespect and in a constructive way, in a thread for that. That would be called constructive criticism. Prohibiting such actions would amount to censorship and it would thread on the borders of dictatorship, which a forum isn't.

A forum is a place where you exchange ideas, you cannot simply forbid or condemn the nature of a forum... on a forum!

I agree with most of what you said. As much as it is the staff's job to keep the users in check, it is also the users job to keep the staff in check.

With freedom of speech comes responsibility and with in that  there is still a "norm" and "common sense"
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 2 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Squirrel , Sugar
(05-29-2017, 05:51 PM)QueenHeather Wrote: I'd like to add that cussing and bad words is discouraged on the forums. Occasionally, a slight minor cuss word can be thrown out there. But any use of offensive cuss words is pointless and negative. There are enough websites on the internet where you can cuss and speak your entire mind. Our community is not one of these places. We want to be a safe place, a secure home for all kinds of members ranging between any ages. We envision a place different from most other places on the web, and we are going to stand strong on this vision. We are confident in our stance, and we are going to be evolving the place to include new features and possibilities.

Some updates include:
-We are planning on finding a way to reward helpful members.
-Member awards are being reinstated
-Members can create groups on the forums. You can invite other members to your group, and you may have your own board on the forums.
-Connecting the game with the forums. Let imagination be the limit.
-Forum design & theme revamp
And many more.

Stay put!
cant w8 2 see @QueenHeather also congrats on mod
[Image: ceBcrcj.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Phenomenal's post:
  • QueenHeather, Squirrel , Sugar
Which game is being connected to the forums? the actual Agarioforums.io or agma? @QueenHeather
[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-02-02_at_5.43.58_PM.png]
(06-06-2017, 12:44 PM)Demon King Wrote: Which game is being connected to the forums? the actual Agarioforums.io or agma? @QueenHeather

Agarioforums doesn't have many ways to easily connect. Agma has, in terms of users, clan system, levels, scores, servers, rewards, competition, and more.

To clarify: Agarioforums.io does not have many ways to connect with the forums. Agma however, does, and will have many many more ways to relate and  coexist with the forums in the future.

If you have any requests or ideas to relate the two, let me know.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sora's post:
  • Squirrel
I know I not too active here, but @Sora good for you to post this and clear up stuff, yes agma has lot more then AGF but AGF will always be my favorite haha keep up good work! Smile
[Image: narej.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Narej's post:
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
(06-06-2017, 02:39 PM)Sora Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 12:44 PM)Demon King Wrote: Which game is being connected to the forums? the actual Agarioforums.io or agma? @QueenHeather

Agarioforums doesn't have many ways to easily connect. Agma has, in terms of users, clan system, levels, scores, servers, rewards, competition, and more.

~takes a stab at translating~

And if the translator is wrong, do correct him, puhlease! (@Sora, @Demon King)

I think Demon is saying "Which game is going to be the main one, going forward?"

And I think Sora saw it as a different question, like, "What game will the Forums take you directly to?" where he was saying that the two systems are very different and stand-alone, so really, in his way of thinking... there is no connectivity.

However, the way AGMA (which, as far as I can tell, is still in Beta, and not "done"/"released" yet) is behaving, it looks like the login stuff has been temporarily simplified to a cookie with data. You could link to AGMA with a direct link, but if that's not here, then it likely just means, "Keep playing AGF for now... don't worry about AGMA".

But obviously, all the work that's been put into AGMA will try to be realized soon, once it's no longer in Beta.

Stay tuned. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
And, although Sora hasn't said anything that I know of... but I see that AGMA is now linked through the button along the top here that says 'Play AGF'.

Heh... Maybe seomeone can create an AGMA button, and it could link to both?

Looks like the plans are to remove the old AGF? I just tried going to 'agarioforums.io' and it now redirects to agma.io.

And before anyone is sad and expresses it (because there's always a few people who forget the most important point)....

....the game is completely free to play, and provided for us, like a present by Sora.

If people really want to keep AGF alive, maybe we could ask him how much it would cost, per month, to do that, and we'll see if we can raise that for him?

Then, I bet there's be no trouble having both to play. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
I was just asking which one he was planning on using and instead of just saying agma, he had to extend to tell me why he thinks agma is better. @Squirrel
(06-07-2017, 04:33 PM)Demon King Wrote: I was just asking which one he was planning on using and instead of just saying agma, he had to extend to tell me why he thinks agma is better. @Squirrel

theres no pleasing people. If he'd answer just agma, you'd be asking why? why did he answer with one word, he could have explained. sigh
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
You're thinking too poorly of me. I just wanted to know which game, I already had the answer and I was positive I knew what it was I just wanted confirmation. That sounds more like an insult than anything else and I'd rather you not do it. I don't care about the reasoning I don't care how long his reply is I don't care about any of that. I care about the fact that we're going from agarioforums.net to agmaforums.net
(06-09-2017, 02:36 AM)Demon King Wrote: You're thinking too poorly of me. I just wanted to know which game, I already had the answer and I was positive I knew what it was I just wanted confirmation. That sounds more like an insult than anything else and I'd rather you not do it. I don't care about the reasoning I don't care how long his reply is I don't care about any of that. I care about the fact that we're going from agarioforums.net to agmaforums.net

I don't see a need to change the Forums domain...AGMA is still an agar.io-related game.

It's all good. Mostly, I am trying to be funny, not insulting... lol

And every once in awhile, my formerly perfectionistic mind gets annoyed at "slight vagueness", and tries to expound on something.

Dat's all.
Fight the Good Fight
Oh! This is a very nice post to read! Proud of you guys for standing up. Thank you for creating a simple, but oh so complicated, game.

[-] The following 2 users Like Meerkat's post:
  • Squirrel , Sugar