Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leveled Skins
Hello,

I know, even though agma.io has a usable skins, they are not all appealing. Agma should use leveled skins that have a smoother look to them; more cartoon-sh.
Different people, different opinions Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-07-2017, 04:52 PM)丅ᗩᒪᛕᎥᑎǤ ᗪᗴᗩᗪ⫷Đᑕ⫸ Wrote: Hello,

I know, even though agma.io has a usable skins, they are not all appealing. Agma should use leveled skins that have a smoother look to them; more cartoon-sh.

This is a good idea, and something that's been done in the public game successfully.

What I was thinking.... (Hey @Sora, maybe you've already had this idea or heard it, but...)

Why not allow our resident artists here (and anyone else who offers) the ability to either make & donate skins... or work out a profit-sharing situation whereby... the artist offers the skin, for a share of the 'cash' (game tokens) that is set as the cost within the game?

If you monetize this, you might be able to take that to the next level, and translate game tokens back into cash.

But I have a feeling the mechanics of that would have to change drastically. I have over 300K tokens already... they seem too easy to get. So in that way, artist-created skins would have to be offered up for obscene amounts of game tokens... (Maybe 1 million & more? Maybe 10 million+ lol...) ...to 'buy' in the game, and then conversely, (depending on costs/etc) translate obscene amounts of game tokens back to USD for the artists.

It wouldn't put food on the table, or anything, but I'll bet they would appreciate the return.

You would need to do it carefully to make sure it's fair to Sora -- no abuse possible -- but I think it could be done. (ie: Track the # of tokens gained from skins purchased separately, and those would be the only tokens for which a 'cash out' option would apply... maybe at 40% for the artist, 60% for the house... give or take.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sugar
I will make another cartoon style skinpack soon. I need to talk to Sora about it first as a couple from the last didn't get added and I'd need to know why before doubling down on a mistake. Some images I like, others find disturbing I guess i.e.
[Image: cherryskulls.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Apix
@丅ᗩᒪᛕᎥᑎǤ ᗪᗴᗩᗪ⫷Đᑕ⫸ I'm assuming that by leveled skins you mean skins built using vector graphics (illustrator) as opposed to raster graphics (photoshop)? Vector graphics are definitely smoother and infinitely scale-able. I build most of my skins using raster programs because they are easier to use, and geared more towards the manipulation of images instead of the creation of raw images (like a vector program). Most modern cartoonists and artists use a combination of the 2 to achieve the results they want.
If by "leveled skins" you are referring to the new-ish skins that change appearance during gameplay, adding a sparkle and eventually a separate image to give it the look of animation, that's another story. Those skins require 2 separate main images, and 3 layers of "sparkle" images, and some coding on the server to make them work. Creating the images for an animated or "leveled" skin is easy, its adding the programming and the bandwidth to the server that's difficult. Eventually the game will morph into a platform that will allow GIF animations and who knows what else...it'll be interesting to see what happens!
For now I'll post a pile of newer skins on my skins page, and you can tell me what you think! Thanx for the input.
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Sugar
(05-07-2017, 04:52 PM)丅ᗩᒪᛕᎥᑎǤ ᗪᗴᗩᗪ⫷Đᑕ⫸ Wrote: Hello,

can we have a skin making group for agma plz that would be good @Sora then everyone can help make skins for the game and also can we use some of my level skins in agma (the good ones) hi talking Heart
[Image: ceBcrcj.png]
(05-08-2017, 01:29 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: I will make another cartoon style skinpack soon. I need to talk to Sora about it first as a couple from the last didn't get added and I'd need to know why before doubling down on a mistake. Some images I like, others find disturbing I guess i.e.
[Image: cherryskulls.png]

~gasps audibly~

Did you just show us a twig & alien berries skin??!?!

It would be good for the small-guys who only wanna go after #1. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • deleted_Agrendallan