* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The DDoS Attacks on AGF
Isn't risky to change host?
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
(05-14-2016, 05:02 AM)blood cr Wrote: Isn't risky to change host?

Only if you don't know how, else it should be smooth.
[Image: Voakie.png]
(05-14-2016, 04:21 AM)d-_-b Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 03:52 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 10:21 PM)d-_-b Wrote: TBH I really wanna know who is doing all this crap, maybe I could get their IP and kill their computer. I think @Sora should set up some sort of trap for the DDosser, maybe like a free download of LOIC (A high class DDoSing application) that picks up the IP address of the user? Who knows... anyways, I think it is fine how it is, but you could use some better protection.

I'm not fully emerged into the knowledge of computers/programming/hacking (tho i'm learning)
But from what I know there is a bunch of ways to hide your IP via a VPN or if you are using the TOR Browser, so I don't think just knowing their IP will help, and even if you find out there IP the attacker(s) can always attack from a different location.

Confused It's pretty complicated.
I know. but I could still do crap to his computer if I had his Ip. That would either make him stop messing with AGF, or mess with us even more...

It would be wiser to just leave it to me and Sora, we have a vast knowledge of how Networking goes together and how we can stop it.

(05-14-2016, 05:02 AM)blood cr Wrote: Isn't risky to change host?

Not entirely.
The only risk is losing the files in the process and not able to backup the server(s), 90% of the time it goes pretty smooth.
I switched from Hostinger to a Linode VPS for AbnormalDEV and it took around 3 hours in total to get it setup and running on SSL.
However this was a bad choice for me since Linode has no DDoS Protection....
Same as @plsdonteatme says.. Don't give the DDoS guy attention. Then he thinks we don't care about it(probably he will read this). Just ignore the guy, maybe he'll search for another target then.
Tired of living.
(05-14-2016, 04:00 PM)V1tal Wrote: Same as @plsdonteatme says.. Don't give the DDoS guy attention. Then he thinks we don't care about it(probably he will read this). Just ignore the guy, maybe he'll search for another target then.

If we switch hosts, then there wouldn't be a problem.
For all we know, there's this 12 year old who bought a web stresser that hits 10gbps with his moms credit card....
Upgrade = More DDoS Protection = Better Stability & Less Attacks.

(05-14-2016, 04:38 PM)Trinity Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 04:00 PM)V1tal Wrote: Same as @plsdonteatme says.. Don't give the DDoS guy attention. Then he thinks we don't care about it(probably he will read this). Just ignore the guy, maybe he'll search for another target then.

For all we know, there's this 12 year old who bought a web stresser that hits 10gbps with his moms credit card....

Attacks will happen regardless, therefore if we upgrade, we will be stopping atleast some attacks...
Big attacks will happen, but if we upgrade, small attacks would not longer bother us... therefore making us an even smaller target.
DDoSers pick small and vulnerable targets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trinity's post:
  • Eden
(05-14-2016, 03:20 PM)Trinity Wrote: It would be wiser to just leave it to me and Sora, we have a vast knowledge of how Networking goes together and how we can stop it.

The only risk is losing the files in the process and not able to backup the server(s), 90% of the time it goes pretty smooth.
I switched from Hostinger to a Linode VPS for AbnormalDEV and it took around 3 hours in total to get it setup and running on SSL.
Someone who no one really knows. Yeah sure, let's trust that guy and put the server's control in his hands. I've talked to Sora on the subject of servers before and I wouldn't say that he really needs you. Though, I wouldn't call his knowledge vast as I've never really discussed the details of hosting and I have no clue as to how much he knows, I can tell from all the pms we've sent to each other from then to now that he knows a lot.

However, as far as ddos protection goes, you don't really need to switch hosts because generally the service which provides ddos protection is an independent and stand alone service; not to say that it doesn't provide hosting, but rather that it can be a added, through the name server to the host without switching. Not to mention that such services are generally not free, it was a wise decision to make use of CloudFlare, which is the best free ddos protection I know of. Of course, it doesn't mean that Sora is unwilling to pay if he deems the thing pertinent to his interests.

But take note that, if CloudFlare couldn't do anything against the attacks, chances are that most services available out there wouldn't have done any better. That would mean a more expensive protection which is most of the time unnecessary, especially in the context of those recent attacks as we know that they are made out of anger and that's an emotion which dies out after being unleashed for so long.
(05-14-2016, 04:45 PM)Doigt Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 03:20 PM)Trinity Wrote: It would be wiser to just leave it to me and Sora, we have a vast knowledge of how Networking goes together and how we can stop it.

Someone who no one really knows. Yeah sure, let's trust that guy and put the server's control in his hands. I've talked to Sora on the subject of servers before and I wouldn't say that he really needs you. Though, I wouldn't call his knowledge vast as I've never really discussed the details of hosting and I have no clue as to how much he knows, I can tell from all the pms we've sent to each other from then to now that he knows a lot.

However, as far as ddos protection goes, you don't really need to switch hosts because generally the service which provides ddos protection is an independent and stand alone service; not to say that it doesn't provide hosting, but rather that it can be a added, through the name server to the host without switching. Not to mention that such services are generally not free, it was a wise decision to make use of CloudFlare, which is the best free ddos protection I know of. Of course, it doesn't mean that Sora is unwilling to pay if he deems the thing pertinent to his interests.

But take note that, if CloudFlare couldn't do anything against the attacks, chances are that most services available out there wouldn't have done any better. That would mean a more expensive protection which is most of the time unnecessary, especially in the context of those recent attacks as we know that they are made out of anger and that's an emotion which dies out after being unleashed for so long.

1) It does not matter who knows me or not, It's how you trust me.
2) Cloudflare only protects your web application on Layer 7, not Layer 4.
3) If the backend server IP was exposed, then the attacker can null the server using Layer 4 attacks, Cloudflare will not stop that.

If we stick with the current host, it's just going to keep going down and nothing is going to be done.
If something was being done then the attacks would've stopped by now.

I'm only Advising to Sora, considering I have dealt with DDoS Attacks for the past 4 years.
From having an attack and switching networks to protecting and advising server owners.

If you don't trust me, then I will write a simple background story of myself right here on the forums.

(05-13-2016, 10:21 PM)d-_-b Wrote: TBH I really wanna know who is doing all this crap, maybe I could get their IP and kill their computer. I think @Sora should set up some sort of trap for the DDosser, maybe like a free download of LOIC (A high class DDoSing application) that picks up the IP address of the user? Who knows... anyways, I think it is fine how it is, but you could use some better protection.

I'm not fully emerged into the knowledge of computers/programming/hacking (tho i'm learning)
But from what I know there is a bunch of ways to hide your IP via a VPN or if you are using the TOR Browser, so I don't think just knowing their IP will help, and even if you find out there IP the attacker(s) can always attack from a different location.

Confused It's pretty complicated..

Regarding IP Bans:
I'm currently developing a MyBB Plugin that blocks Proxies and TOR nodes.

(05-14-2016, 04:21 AM)d-_-b Wrote:

Confused It's pretty complicated.
I know. but I could still do crap to his computer if I had his Ip. That would either make him stop messing with AGF, or mess with us even more...

Impossible, unless you have infected his machine with a Remote Administration Tool...
Considering you call LOIC a "High Class DDoS Tool", pretty easy to say that you're just someone who wants to do something that he read from a fantasy book..
LOIC uses your own Network and CPU to send attacks...
Easily traceable and whoever is using it will get their ISP notified.

Attacks will happen regardless, therefore if we upgrade, we will be stopping atleast some attacks...
Big attacks will happen, but if we upgrade, small attacks would not longer bother us... therefore making us an even smaller target.
DDoSers pick small and vulnerable targets.
That's true. I agree Big Grin.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.