Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas?
Hi, guys!

Been meaning to get my own custom skin one way or another. Initially, I was just like I'll post a thread to request that someone make me a skin. 

Then, I saw a gracious forum thread by @run SPOT run  and I was like why don't I try making my own skin? And so, I attempted/am attempting to do so. 

Only problem: lack of ideas/imagination Confused

I made an absolutely creative--not really--move by going to Google Images and then typing 'Acid'. As a result, I got some rainbow optical illusions that made my eyes go nearly blind. In addition, I was shown  a picture of an orange slice Dodgy

Anyway... I'm open to all recommendations! It might be a little vague asking for help coming up with an image without any specification/qualifications, but I hope to receive enough of a list of general categories of images I could/should use, then narrow my options down from there

Goal of this thread:
Receive enough input from others to come with a good idea for a custom skin image
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like iAcid's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel
Well, first off what do you like? You know the examples, color, background, animal, blah, blah. Then take your likes slap them into whatever program you use, add some wicked text, give it lit detail and... Boom, a baby wait I mean skin has been born! >;D

I probably didn't help. But yeah, what are your likes...? Tonguek
[-] The following 4 users Like Apix 's post:
  • iAcid, Sora, Squirrel , Sugar
I approve your idea and that of @Apix
Many say that I possess a talent 
but sometimes it is very hard to find an idea only with the name without knowing a minimum on the person
 And yes just with windows paint can do something surprisingWink

Sometimes a simple idea as chemical weapon symbol

[Image: skincheck-392.png]

I do not advise the orange slice

[Image: skincheck-552.png]

Tongue
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  
[-] The following 3 users Like EqAtOmBe 's post:
  • iAcid, Sora, Squirrel
(05-01-2017, 10:15 PM)Apix Wrote: Well, first off what do you like? You know the examples, color, background, animal, blah, blah.  Then take your likes slap them into whatever program you use, add some wicked text, give it lit detail and... Boom, a baby wait I mean skin has been born! >;D 

Well, to answer your question, I will start by stating exactly the opposite of what you asked. I dislike anime itself, but I think the art in some of the characters is really well-done. So ironically, anime is not off for consideration. In fact, it might be one of my frontrunners.

I have little to no interest in animals, though I could see myself using an animal skin in desperation Shy

Lastly, if I keep talking about my likes and dislikes, this post will drag on, so I think I should stop typing Smile 

But I think I DO have a better yet still not lucid idea of where I'm headed, in terms of image choice. What if I just use my profile pic lol  Sick

(05-02-2017, 12:02 AM)EqAtOmBe Wrote: I approve your idea and that of @Apix
but sometimes it is very hard to find an idea only with the name without knowing a minimum on the person

What do you use to make your skins? Also, I thank you for your ideas. On a side note, if it helps, I'm avoiding humor--I know you recommended to avoid the orange slice dead--as much as I love making silly banter
[-] The following 1 user Likes iAcid's post:
  • Squirrel
(05-02-2017, 02:10 AM)iAcid Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 10:15 PM)Apix Wrote: Well, first off what do you like? You know the examples, color, background, animal, blah, blah.  Then take your likes slap them into whatever program you use, add some wicked text, give it lit detail and... Boom, a baby wait I mean skin has been born! >;D 

Well, to answer your question, I will start by stating exactly the opposite of what you asked. I dislike anime itself, but I think the art in some of the characters is really well-done. So ironically, anime is not off for consideration. In fact, it might be one of my frontrunners.

I have little to no interest in animals, though I could see myself using an animal skin in desperation Shy

Lastly, if I keep talking about my likes and dislikes, this post will drag on, so I think I should stop typing Smile 

But I think I DO have a better yet still not lucid idea of where I'm headed, in terms of image choice. What if I just use my profile pic lol  Sick

What do you use to make your skins? Also, I thank you for your ideas. On a side note, if it helps, I'm avoiding humor--I know you recommended to avoid the orange slice dead--as much as I love making silly banter

im use more photoshop And occasionally GRIMP and windows paint 

For the orange slice were not nasty but more to let you see what it looked like
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  
[-] The following 2 users Like EqAtOmBe 's post:
  • iAcid, Squirrel
(05-02-2017, 02:10 AM)iAcid Wrote: ~snips important details, but just to make 'the whole' smaller~

Now I know I might be the wrong guy to offer up this, but... I commend you on adding more detail, and...uhnn... 'rambling on'. (I would disagree, naturally. I see a person's posts as representing their desire to share with others of themselves. The person who does not care for me, can simply skim, or scroll past. I'll never know, and not be hurt by it.)

(05-02-2017, 02:10 AM)iAcid Wrote:

~looks back & forth from one to the other~

I just know there's something in this that I'm not getting.

I think the orange slice would be an awesome choice, if you wanted to tease people as you flew by, making them want to eat you. Oranges are yummy! And, as Google said, replete with acid... lol.

You could also use your profile pic, but then I think I might be inclined to call you 'Bubble Yum' instead of 101. Big Grin

And yes, ideas are hard to come by... (harder for some than others; it's cool, the brain is awesome in it's many variants). Are you a logical thinker? Give us more, and maybe we can help you be creative in just the way that exemplifies you best??
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • iAcid, Sora
(05-02-2017, 07:01 AM)Squirrel Wrote: You could also use your profile pic, but then I think I might be inclined to call you 'Bubble Yum' instead of 101. Big Grin

Bubble Yum is sooo cute lol  Sick

Okay, came up with something AHAHA but boo-hoo that the clarity isn't what I expected it to be. Don't expect too much from me    Dodgy

[Image: POWCksi.jpg]

On Voakie's tool:
[Image: av43FWX.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like iAcid's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , run SPOT run , Squirrel
nice! yeah you don't really need any expensive tools to make good skins. if you need some good tools for free, i would check out http://www.pixlr.com (Editor Mode is a lot like photoshop, whereas express is just good for quick and easy editing)...

my old logo (as d-_-b) was made entirely with just paint & pixlr so its actually really quite good.

in fact, i edited my current logo with pixlr aswell! i just got a drawing of me and then changed the colours and added a cool contrast effect.

i use pixlr way too much...
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eden's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , iAcid, Squirrel
(05-03-2017, 01:20 AM)Eden Wrote: nice! yeah you don't really need any expensive tools to make good skins. if you need some good tools for free, i would check out http://www.pixlr.com (Editor Mode is a lot like photoshop, whereas express is just good for quick and easy editing)...

my old logo (as d-_-b) was made entirely with just paint & pixlr so its actually really quite good.

in fact, i edited my current logo with pixlr aswell! i just got a drawing of me and then changed the colours and added a cool contrast effect.

i tried using pixlr but didnt work out for me in the end unfortunately. Everything went well until it came to saving the picture. It just wouldn't save on to my computer despite working in a heartbeat when saving it to Pixlr Cloud. Otherwise, I would have loved to use it boo hoo

Did you encounter that problem or...?
(05-03-2017, 01:24 AM)iAcid Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 01:20 AM)Eden Wrote: nice! yeah you don't really need any expensive tools to make good skins. if you need some good tools for free, i would check out http://www.pixlr.com (Editor Mode is a lot like photoshop, whereas express is just good for quick and easy editing)...

i tried using pixlr but didnt work out for me in the end unfortunately. Everything went well until it came to saving the picture. It just wouldn't save on to my computer despite working in a heartbeat when saving it to Pixlr Cloud. Otherwise, I would have loved to use it boo hoo

nope, never had that before... weird.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
(05-03-2017, 01:24 AM)iAcid Wrote: i tried using pixlr but didnt work out for me in the end unfortunately. Everything went well until it came to saving the picture. It just wouldn't save on to my computer despite working in a heartbeat when saving it to Pixlr Cloud. Otherwise, I would have loved to use it boo hoo

How did it ask you to save the file? If it was all in one window, could you maybe take a screenshot, and show us? (To make one of the "Active Window", just click on that window/dialog then press the Alt & Prntscrn buttons together.
Then open up Paint, and "Paste" -- you should have the screenshot there, and then you can save it.
Fight the Good Fight
@Squirrel

I ended up using another website (befunky.com). My Pixlr struggles were from yesterday so unfortunately I don't really have a screenshot unless u want me to go through the process again  Confused
(05-03-2017, 02:54 AM)iAcid Wrote: @Squirrel

I ended up using another website (befunky.com). My Pixlr struggles were from yesterday so unfortunately I don't really have a screenshot unless u want me to go through the process again  Confused

It's all good... you found another way!

But something like that is probably just a piece of software that didn't explain itself properlyu, or follow the accepted rules.

Yeah, it was too much to expecvt, that you'd left the window open. hoping someone could save it for ya. But there are some of us around here who'd love to try and help out, in case there's a next time!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • iAcid
@Squirrel

What I DO indeed remember is that Pixlr said the process of saving was working. It said, "Working... Please Wait." Ofc I waited what must have been a year, and still, the screen displayed the same message lol

But will do, next time I'll try to remember to ask for help :o)
(05-03-2017, 11:39 PM)iAcid Wrote: @Squirrel

What I DO indeed remember is that Pixlr said the process of saving was working. It said, "Working... Please Wait." Ofc I waited what must have been a year, and still, the screen displayed the same message lol

But will do, next time I'll try to remember to ask for help :o)

If it said that it was working, and took awhile then likely there's a bug in it, and it was never going to work. If the functionality of the program was still there, you could try again, but if it was no longer letting you click on buttons or open menus/etc., then it's just done & crashed.
Fight the Good Fight