Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
d-_-b
hey all.
its d-_-b.
well, not anymore.

I'm Eden now.

just wanted to let you all know that @d-_-b hadn't killed himself i just asked for a name change.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eden's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , Squirrel
(04-27-2017, 07:41 AM)Eden Wrote: hey all.
its d-_-b.
well, not anymore.

I'm Eden now.

just wanted to let you all know that @d-_-b hadn't killed himself i just asked for a name change Tongue

Hey, I like the new name!

But wondering if you feel like telling us why you wanted to switch to this one?

It's a great name, and it kind of represents something. But I think it's more recognized as a name for gals... did that sway you at all?

You didn't change your avatar, so some of us may have followed, but thanks for making sure that we knew. ~grin~
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-27-2017, 10:01 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 07:41 AM)Eden Wrote: hey all.
its d-_-b.
well, not anymore.

I'm Eden now.

just wanted to let you all know that @d-_-b hadn't killed himself i just asked for a name change Tongue

Hey, I like the new name!

But wondering if you feel like telling us why you wanted to switch to this one?

It's a great name, and it kind of represents something. But I think it's more recognized as a name for gals... did that sway you at all?

You didn't change your avatar, so some of us may have followed, but thanks for making sure that we knew. ~grin~

honestly it didn't sway me one bit. it just kind of represented my escapism and longing for some place else.

it's hiraeth, i guess.
hiraeth... that's a cool word I've never heard before
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Eden, EqAtOmBe
(04-27-2017, 09:24 PM)Eden Wrote: honestly it didn't sway me one bit. it just kind of represented my escapism and longing for some place else.

it's a hiraeth, i guess.

So I guess for you 'Eden' has the same connotations that it has for me? An apparent 'paradise' that was created for two people? (Or you could make the case that it was created for one person, 'Adam', and that he requested company... heh.)

I thought I was about to learn a new word (hiraeth), but maybe it's a typo or means something in a different language? I couldn't figure it out... but I'm still intrigued! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • EqAtOmBe
(04-28-2017, 02:58 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 09:24 PM)Eden Wrote: honestly it didn't sway me one bit. it just kind of represented my escapism and longing for some place else.

it's a hiraeth, i guess.

So I guess for you 'Eden' has the same connotations that it has for me? An apparent 'paradise' that was created for two people? (Or you could make the case that it was created for one person, 'Adam', and that he requested company... heh.)

I thought I was about to learn a new word (hiraeth), but maybe it's a typo or means something in a different language? I couldn't figure it out... but I'm still intrigued! Big Grin
New word or not me I am always interested in almost all your words. Reading is a challenge of comprehension but evolves with little step
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  
[-] The following 1 user Likes EqAtOmBe 's post:
  • Squirrel
(04-28-2017, 03:10 AM)EqAtOmBe Wrote: New word or not me I am always interested in almost all your words. Reading is a challenge of comprehension but evolves with little step

I have tremendous respect for anyone who takes on an unfamiliar language. And I'm not known for using the lowest number of words possible.... ~grimacing~

So if ever you get stuck on something that I happen to say, I'll gladly explain it if you PM (private message) me and quote what I said?

My mom was like that. She came to Canada not knowing a word of English and learned it all on her own.

So kudos to you, and hope I can pitch in a bit! (Your display of artwork here has been awesome!)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • EqAtOmBe
(04-28-2017, 03:16 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 03:10 AM)EqAtOmBe Wrote: New word or not me I am always interested in almost all your words. Reading is a challenge of comprehension but evolves with little step

I have tremendous respect for anyone who takes on an unfamiliar language. And I'm not known for using the lowest number of words possible.... ~grimacing~

So if ever you get stuck on something that I happen to say, I'll gladly explain it if you PM (private message) me and quote what I said?

My mom was like that. She came to Canada not knowing a word of English and learned it all on her own.

So kudos to you, and hope I can pitch in a bit! (Your display of artwork here has been awesome!)
is always a pleasure to talk with you Smile
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  

it's a hiraeth, i guess.

Hiraeth is original a Welsh word, actually. It seems to be a rather multi-layered word, which includes a different variety of homesickness than what is generally referred to. This kind of homesickness is like a combination of the homesickness, longing, nostalgia, and yearning, for a home that you cannot return to, no longer exists, or never was. It can also include grief or sadness for who or what you have lost, losses which make your “home” not the same as the one you remember.

That word is gold.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eden's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , Squirrel
(04-27-2017, 11:17 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: hiraeth... that's a cool word I've never heard before

Literally was thinking the same thing HAHAH

Anyway, hi Eden! That's a nice new name. What did people call you before? I'm sure it couldn't have been --> "Hey, d-_-b!"
(but you can also call me 101 hehehe)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-28-2017, 03:35 AM)Eden Wrote:

it's a hiraeth, i guess.

Hiraeth is original a Welsh word, actually. It seems to be a rather multi-layered word, which includes a different variety of homesickness than what is generally referred to. This kind of homesickness is like a combination of the homesickness, longing, nostalgia, and yearning, for a home that you cannot return to, no longer exists, or never was. It can also include grief or sadness for who or what you have lost, losses which make your “home” not the same as the one you remember.

That word is gold.

Wow... glad you introduced me to it, although I guess I'd have a hard time explaining that I'm using a Welsh word, because no other remotely comes close in English to describing a feeling. But if I had a great memory, I think I'd make a case for it. Smile I'd just explain, as what you just did... and then people would understand why I replaced 50 words with one. ~grin~

I hope that you find the sort of 'home', as this word implies that you're looking for, or that your current one can be repaired, if that's possible!

(I'm guessing it might not refer explicitly to a single home, but possibly to a wider situation, or even a country? It seems fairly versatile, where context could make a world of difference... I would hate for someone to read these messages, take away some incorrect understanding, and then talk about it.

They shouldn't really talk about it -- but I guess there is a fine line, sometimes, between 'gossip' and caring for someone's well-being, if you know what I mean?)

But thanks for sharing! I'm not sure I understand, but... I'll take what you give me... and hope you feel that it's all 'under control' (as much as that is possible).
Fight the Good Fight
(04-28-2017, 04:50 AM)iAcid Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 11:17 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: hiraeth... that's a cool word I've never heard before

Literally was thinking the same thing HAHAH

Anyway, hi Eden! That's a nice new name. What did people call you before? I'm sure it couldn't have been --> "Hey, d-_-b!"
(but you can also call me 101 hehehe)

actually they did... i guess it was pronounced 'd' then 'b', but you never know on the internet.

@Squirrel - I'm guessing it might not refer explicitly to a single home, but possibly to a wider situation, or even a country? It seems fairly versatile, where context could make a world of difference... I would hate for someone to read these messages, take away some incorrect understanding, and then talk about it.

They shouldn't really talk about it -- but I guess there is a fine line, sometimes, between 'gossip' and caring for someone's well-being, if you know what I mean?)

To be honest it's more about the longing for a home that never was for me (not necessarily the grief aspect, mainly just a chronic homesickness). It's a very abstract concept.

In my opinion, it's a feeling that can't be explained using only words, so i might as well give up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eden's post:
  • Squirrel