Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Running Thread!
Information 
Official Running Thread!
Welcome to the Official Running Thread!

This is the place to participate in discussion relating to running. This means everything related to running. 
Including Cross Country, Track, Road running, Workouts, Times, Shoes, Tips, Injuries, Questions, Running News, etc!

Please feel free to ask me anything about running, yes even sprints, but I am not as informed in that area. Remember this is also open to recreational runners, so don't feel intimidated by more experienced runners.

For some odd reason, I have found that there is many runners that play Agar, and this is astonishing seeing that I have only been playing agario servers for about 3 days. Running is on the rise as of late, and is becoming a very popular form of exercise in today's world. Because of this, I decided to create this thread for my love of running as well, even though I am new to this whole forums thing.

Just a quick background on me as well. My name is XC (Which stands for Cross Country), I'm a Sophomore and honestly, running is great. However, I have been plagued with running injuries for about 7 months now, and I am still in PT. I hope to be back by XC next season, but it honestly just sucks. 
 Just because I am injured doesn't mean I can't still pursue my passion for running.

Anyhow, I hope to see some participation in this thread! And remember to 
Keep On Running!
Big Grin
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
[-] The following 6 users Like ~XC's post:
  • Mikasa, Robin , run SPOT run , s1104874, Voakie , ✨101✨
I can walk. I cant run it makes me dead. don't ask how I know this.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eden's post:
  • Squirrel , ~XC
(05-09-2016, 12:30 AM)d-_-b Wrote: I can walk. I cant run it makes me dead. don't ask how I know this.

Haha, do you walk for exercise? Or just don't run lol
  Keep On Running! 
(05-09-2016, 01:05 AM)~XC Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 12:30 AM)d-_-b Wrote: I can walk. I cant run it makes me dead. don't ask how I know this.

Haha, do you walk for exercise? Or just don't run
Nah just kidding I actually run a lot.

I won cross county every year for three years until grade 6.
Grade 6 was the best, it was a huge track, and it came right down to the wire, i beat my buddy ben by sticking my head out in front. I was in about fourth about half-way around the track and i was like wth i should just win this like i have every other time, so the other dudes got puffed out and i passed them one by one until i was neck and neck with Ben for the last eighth of the race. It was sooooo amazing to comeback and win. Anyways, sorry for getting carried away, but there is a random story about me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eden's post:
  • run SPOT run , ~XC
Cool stuff! And you said until 6th grade? Your school had cross country before 6th grade? Also what race was this you said you have run and won many times. Also times and what grade are you now? Haha

Great to see the first runner on this thread Smile
  Keep On Running! 
(05-09-2016, 01:46 AM)~XC Wrote: Cool stuff! And you said until 6th grade? Your school had cross country before 6th grade? Also what race was this you said you have run and won many times. Also times and what grade are you now? Haha

Great to see the first runner on this thread Smile

that is a lot of questions. this isn't an interrogation, is it? jokes, but yeah we had cross country since grade 1, (obviously it wasn't 10 km or anything) and just talking about school cross county. Every year so far I have qualified for interschool, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to do all the training and stuff so I just didn't go Big Grin. Im like grade 9 or something...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eden's post:
  • ~XC
Ahhh gotchya, yeah I am sometimes way into running. I would overtrain sometimes, but training is how you reach your goals man. Hard work, dedication, and knowing what your doing is what leads you to those goals that you want, that fast time, or that medal. Its just such a exhilarating feeling. But yeah.

Also reminder to everyone, it is track season right now! So feel free to post how you have been doing in your track meets if you participate in them!
  Keep On Running! 
Hello!

I'm also a runner, my running career began my freshman year of high school when I decided to join my high school cross country team, before that in middle school I played league basketball and was also on a club swim team. Since I didn't have any prior running experience, I developed anterior shinsplints on both of my shins, this greatly affected me and was resolved during my sophomore year in PT (physical training).

Freshman year:
Our weekly mileage freshman year was anywhere from 25 - 35 miles per week.

The races we had in cross country were usually a  3 mile course.

At my first race of the season I got  a 24:36 on my 3 mile, by the end of the season I brought my time down to an 18:45 (this was a big improvement for me.)

After cross country season was over, we automatically began training for our track season (distance track.)
Mileage was lowered, intensity was raised, and we had occasional interval training on the track.
My freshman year 1600m time (mile time) was a 6:11, this wasn't that great Dodgy 
So I decided to race the 800m instead (2 laps on a track).
My best 800m time was a 2:26 (which is alright).

Sophomore year:
Since my shin splints became very bad I spend most of the cross country season in PT. I raced a couple of times and didn't even come close to my freshman PR (personal record), lol my best was like a 19:07.

At the end of the cross country season I broke my wrist playing Ultimate Frisbee, and was out for 8 weeks, thus entering track season a little later than the rest of my teammates.

At the first race of the season I got a 5:28 on my 1600m (mile)!! This was unexpected of me, especially since I was out for 8 weeks. Then the following meet I brought my time even lower to a 5:17. I continued making personal records, getting a 5:07 at one meet, and then a few weeks before the season ended I got a 4:48 on my 1600m (1 mile). Even though I was doing great I didn't finish my season the best way, on my last race I got rekt and got a 5:06 Sad
* I didn't race the 800m this season.*

I'm definitely looking forward to next year's track season and want to prosper in the following events: 400m (1 lap), 800m (2 laps), and the 1600m (mile).

Along with xc/track, I'm also a swimmer,and practice on club swim team.

All in all, I spend 6 days a week on xc/track (about 2 hours daily), shortly after I got to swim practice, 6 days a week 2 hours daily as well. I don't know how I end up with time for AGF, especially with school, and 2 full time sports, I guess you can call it time management.

Body Stats (current):
Height: 6'1
Weight: 135lbs
Body fat: 10% ( I was 8% but when I was out for 8 weeks I gained some unnecessary fat, btw I eat like a monster xD).

In my opinion xc/track, along with swimming are some of the hardest sports, since they are 10% physical and 90% mental toughness.

One of my 2 favorite running quotes: 
#1 This was said by Olympian Louis Zamperini's older brother Peter.
[Image: 7a8gJH3.jpg]
#2 One of Steve Prefontaine's quotes (if you have never heard of Steve Prefontaine shame on you. Tongue)
[Image: FtPjovV.jpg]
Guys remember, nothing is impossible and always give it your best!

I will update you guys on faster times once I make them xD

Thanks for reading this super long post Heart
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • s1104874, Voakie
I do triathlon

Its a combine of swimming, running/jogging and riding on a bicycle. Its a really heavy sport, swimming is so exhausting.
Tired of living.
[-] The following 1 user Likes V1tal's post:
  • ✨101✨
(05-09-2016, 12:22 PM)V1tal Wrote: I do triathlon

Its a combine of swimming, running/jogging and riding on a bicycle. Its a really heavy sport, swimming is so exhausting.
I do junior life guards every summer, the only thing I miss is the bicycle part.

Our xc/distance track coach is also a triathlete. He was also a D1 athlete in college, with a frekin 4:01 mile!!

Here is our coach's website: http://www.chrisfosterracing.com/

"Chris is now living and training in Redondo Beach where he is the head coach of Peninsula High School's Boys Cross Country Team." (ayyyy that's my team xD)
(05-09-2016, 01:36 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 12:22 PM)V1tal Wrote: I do triathlon

I do junior life guards every summer, the only thing I miss is the bicycle part.

Our xc/distance track coach is also a triathlete. He was also a D1 athlete in college, with a frekin 4:01 mile!!

Here is our coach's website: http://www.chrisfosterracing.com/

"Chris is now living and training in Redondo Beach where he is the head coach of Peninsula High School's Boys Cross Country Team." (ayyyy that's my team xD)

Amazing!!!

The most exhausting match i had(until now) was 3 kilometers swimming, 10 kilometers riding on a bike and 25 kilometers walking
Tired of living.
Cool stuff @V1tal and @✨101✨ ! Great to see some dedicated runners here, and even triathletes! Thank you for a in-depth look into your seasons as well 101, I dealt with many of the things you have. Anterior shin splints for 3 years actually, and have been going to PT for shins and knees for a while.

I will go more into depth of my running career a little later (It will be a long post my memory is absolutely insane).

Also! Some announcements on this thread. 101 gave me a great idea, feel free to actually post some of your season statistics, as well as height, weight, bmi, age, etc for more analysis!

I will also soon be putting up a Workout Of The Week! Here I will select a favorite workout of mine, or someone elses, and showcase it in this thread! Tell me if you would like this idea.

Lastly, I am also thinking about posting some articles on some running issues as well, and like I said before soon I will put a indepth description of my running career, because I have such a large memory, it will be a big one! Then after that, I will post some of my running tips and tricks, because I am VERY knowledgable in the area, because I have a sort of OCD about Running (Not to brag)

Anyways, hope to see some more discussion!
  Keep On Running! 
(05-09-2016, 02:48 PM)~XC Wrote: Cool stuff @V1tal and @✨101✨ ! Great to see some dedicated runners here, and even triathletes! Thank you for a in-depth look into your seasons as well 101, I dealt with many of the things you have. Anterior shin splints for 3 years actually, and have been going to PT for shins and knees for a while.

I will go more into depth of my running career a little later (It will be a long post my memory is absolutely insane).

Also! Some announcements on this thread. 101 gave me a great idea, feel free to actually post some of your season statistics, as well as height, weight, bmi, age, etc for more analysis!

I will also soon be putting up a Workout Of The Week! Here I will select a favorite workout of mine, or someone elses, and showcase it in this thread! Tell me if you would like this idea.

Lastly, I am also thinking about posting some articles on some running issues as well, and like I said before soon I will put a indepth description of my running career, because I have such a large memory, it will be a big one! Then after that, I will post some of my running tips and tricks, because I am VERY knowledgable in the area, because I have a sort of OCD about Running (Not to brag)

Anyways, hope to see some more discussion!

Cool idea's! 
But i don't wanna be a professional triathlete. (I don't have the talent to be a professional)

(New subject Tongue)
I would like to have a job like computer engineering Smile
Tired of living.
@~XC

One thing asides from PT that really helped my shin splints go away was better running form, I previously was running in a shuffle sort of way, and wasn't driving my knees as high as I should. Once I changed my form my shin splints went away immediately. 
[Image: YITdpvt.jpg]
Also really good running form:
[Image: me4zwGG.gif]
Everytime I run I cramp any tips?