Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Running Thread!
(05-22-2016, 07:20 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Congrats to all of you for helping yourselves stay healthy, by being active and having some fun at the same time!

I could never run worth a damn. But I could walk all day. I once took my future-wife on an 18 hr walk... I think we both had sore feet the day after, but I didn't care.

Here's hoping that all of you take some steps to ensure the well-being of your knees, which I understand that running can be hard on, particularly if you're stuck in an urban setting, and do most of your running on pavement.

~Squirrel tries to erase this post with his little paws but fails~

Seriously... who ever heard of a squirrel that can't run?
Haha thanks for response @Squirrel ! I totally see what you mean HOW CANT A SQUIRREL RUN.... 

In all seriousness though congratulations on that walking Smile
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
Big Grin 
Alright Everyone Here is the
Workout Of The Week!
~~Unpredictable 400's~~
In this workout, you will be doing a solid 8x400m workout, which is also known as interval training. Now, usually you may give yourself 200m of walking to recover, or possible 60-90 seconds. But, one of the problems with this workout is that YOU know when you have to start another fast 400m, and you know how long you have to rest. The question arises, "Do you get to choose when to pick up the pace, or choose when to take a break in the middle of a race?". The answer is no. Therefore I have a solid workout to train your mental strength and teach you how to pick up the pace when you least expect it. 

As previously stated, this will be a 8x400m workout done on the track. Obviously start off with a 5-10min warmup, little stretching, drills, etc. You will be running these 400m's at a pretty hard pace, but definetly not a full out 400m. This should leave you feeling tired, but leave you with enough energy to obviously do another one. Anyway this is where the interesting part comes in. Time yourself on each 400m, and right when you stop the clock, look at your watch. The last digit on your watch will determine how much rest time you get. Say I run one of my 400's in 1:10.5 Because the last digit is a 5, I will get 50 seconds of rest, then I need to start again. If I run one in a 1:13.9, I will get 90 seconds of rest time. BUT, if I get say a 1:12.0 I get 0 seconds of rest time, and therefore have to run another 400m at that hard pace. This may seem hard, but what this is doing is training your body to be able to pick up the pace at any given moment. 

Also on a little side note, make sure that you SUBSCRIBE to this thread, so you get informed when I post

So there you have it! The workout of the week! Tell me what you think of it if you decide to try it out, share it with your friends, and stay tuned as these will be posted Every sunday because that is the start of the week!

Big Grin Thank you for reading! Big Grin
  Keep On Running! 
[-] The following 4 users Like ~XC's post:
  • plsdonteatme, Robin , Sora, Voakie
Hey guys! Just letting you know update will be coming on Saturday, I have been pretty busy this week.
  Keep On Running! 
Ay bouss, HOW I CAN RUN??

Bouss I can't leave my house. I'll try doing this in my home

nice thread tho
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
Thanks @plsdonteatme Why cant you leave your house?
  Keep On Running! 
Nice Info in that i like it.
[Image: Robin.png]
(05-09-2016, 01:36 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 12:22 PM)V1tal Wrote: I do triathlon

Its a combine of swimming, running/jogging and riding on a bicycle. Its a really heavy sport, swimming is so exhausting.
I do junior life guards every summer, the only thing I miss is the bicycle part.

Our xc/distance track coach is also a triathlete. He was also a D1 athlete in college, with a frekin 4:01 mile!!

Here is our coach's website: http://www.chrisfosterracing.com/

"Chris is now living and training in Redondo Beach where he is the head coach of Peninsula High School's Boys Cross Country Team." (ayyyy that's my team xD)
Hahaha, the only thing that i miss is the bicycle part xD. 

Thats really cool man! Junior life guard!

But i'm more focussing on designing(CS6) and photography.
Tired of living.
[-] The following 1 user Likes V1tal's post:
  • ✨101✨
i don;t want to
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
Star 
I'm a soccer/futboll/football/fusbal, etc... guy but running is key. I am a pretty fast kid more my age (12) but I find just running to the finish is boring. Soccer for me is perfect I add a little bit of skill with speed. Now on defense i get to the right place before the attack. That's My way of getting fast!
[Image: JEL2lIu.jpg]
Exclamation 
Exclamation  Hiya everyone! BIG NEWS!  Exclamation
We had our sectionals meet yesterday, which for the people that don't know. Sectionals is the track meet which determines which athletes get to go to the state track meet! The top 3 from each event move on to state. The state track meet is a huge deal. But anyway, onto the news. Our team had 4 qualifiers for state, we had a Pole vaulter and a  Discus Thrower make it to state on the girls side. As well as a 200m runner on the guys side. But we had a HUGE race from our No.1 Distance Runner. So this guy has been running 9:40's for his 3200m, and which that is very fast, he had to run faster for state. Knowing it was his last race possibly, he just raced with his heart. It was amazing to watch. He just went balls to the wall, and ran a 9:27!!! He broke our school record by 5 seconds and his own by 20! For someone of that elite status that is insane. His last lap was 63 seconds. He came in second in the race, but almost caught the first place guy who won the XC State championship as a Junior. But anyhow this was big news. It was a great meet with lots of talent, just though I would let you guys know!
Can't wait to see how he finishes out at state!

Update will come on Sunday, 
thanks for the reply as well @Robin

Have a nice day everyone Big Grin
  Keep On Running! 
Sorry, workout of the week will not be happening today, because I have to study for finals... It will be a weekly thing over the summer however! ALSO make sure you subscribe to this thread! And feel free to post how ALL OF YOUR track seasons have gone or since they have probably ended how they went!

~XC Big Grin
  Keep On Running! 
-NOTE: This is offtopic.-

I found a new sport which i really like, cycling. Yesterday i cycled with my dad for 2,5 hours. I really enjoyed it. I love cycling from now on <3 but i'll keep running, i'll do both. Currently i have an ATB(All terrain bike)/MTB(Mountainbike) :[Image: rsz_575d2c5c9c2c6.png]I know it's weird resized Tongue
But soon i'm going to buy a racing cycle and maybe i'll join a cycle racing club/group!

This are the stats:

Time: 2:50:06
Distance: 70 kilometers(around 43 miles)
Average speed: 39 km/h (24 m/h - 24 miles/hour)
There are some extra stats but i forgot them Tongue

Oh and by the way, like i said i was thinking of buying a racing cycle, i bet i will buy this one:
[Image: 716720f0e9ea4a0ba2ec25e5c19ed616.png]
-V1tal-
Tired of living.
Cool! I actually LOVE biking as well, its a great form of cross training for runners because it still is increasing your cardiovasulcar fitness, but builds a runners quadriceps, which many runners neglect because during running, hamstrings are taking a lot of the blow! Cool stuff @V1tal !
  Keep On Running! 
@~XC thanks dude, biking/cycling and running are both endurance sports Big Grin
Tired of living.
I am sorry everyone, this is goodbye. KEEP ON RUNNING EVERYONE I LOVE YOU ALL

Im getting emotional, so goodbye Sad
  Keep On Running!