Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Running Thread!
Hmm
I run like, 2km everyday, in my garden, cause my garden is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and I need exercise

Plus

I chase boys at Sport class, hmm
Like, 100 or 300m every wednesday and every thursday
Kappa
Your suicidal hypocritical friendo,
~Falysidia

[Image: 7NDzTFM.gif]
[Image: b2a073bb68b342c399e633f4cc30104c.png]
i dont really run but i ride my bicykle to school everyday
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]
Cool stuff to hear @Craw @Falysidia and @Keemstar. I bet your legs did ache after that treadmill run! Haha. Im not a huge fan of the Dreadmill (lol) but it can still be effective when it is not plausible to run outside.
There is 2 issues with the Treadmill
For one it doesnt give you any elevation change, its very stationary, which can be good for interval or pacing workouts, but not as effective during a standard distance workout or a long or recovery run
Secondly it actually does a lot of the work for you! With the belt moving under your feet, its doing the pushing motion for you, meaning all you have to do is extend your leg forward, as opposed to being outside, where much of the exercise actually comes from the pushing or lifting force from the ground to propel you forward!
Just thought I would mention some of those things

And @Craw and @Falysidia... good job on getting some exercise!
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
xc i play biking Big Grin
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]
I play Running! Big Grin
  Keep On Running! 
I play almost every sport...
Without american football or rugby. xd
Your suicidal hypocritical friendo,
~Falysidia

[Image: 7NDzTFM.gif]
[Image: b2a073bb68b342c399e633f4cc30104c.png]
didnt know so much people would love running on this forum
Tired of living.
[-] The following 1 user Likes V1tal's post:
  • ~XC
Exclamation 
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Hello Everyone! Just bringing a nice update to this thread, as I plan to keep it going for a long while.

I decided it would be fitting to bring my history of running and times of my running career, since I am pretty badly injured right now, and have been for a while. Anyway, lets begin with my High School running career

Freshman Year XC

Rotary Park Coaches Classic: 18:48~ This was my first XC race ever in high school, I didnt really know what to expect, but I trained vigourously over the summer, maybe a bit of overtraining, but I was determined to be the best. I ended up finishing in that awesome time of 18:48, and honestly that was probably one of the best days of my life, seeing that time that I smashed, and all of that hard work and dedication paying off in that final stretch. I finished No.1 overall freshman in that race out of 10+ schools. 

Nathan Hale Invite: 19:48~ Extremely flat course, not the fastest, had a pretty bad race because I guess I just wasn't expecting myself to break 18:48 again. Also started out way to conservatively. 

Fox River Park: 19:20 ish?~ Had a pretty good race, just didn't race as fast I guess. Tried starting out a bit faster, and had my buddy pace off of me, and I beat him at the end. Good race

Grant Park: 18:45~ Amazing race, felt super fast all the way through, and always a fast start on this course. Finished No.2 Freshman in a gigantic race, losing to the guy in front of me from the Verona Area in Wisconsin. Great race.

Laser Invite: 18:52~ One of the best races I had, absolutley massive race with about 18 schools I think. Paced off of a sophomore from my school, passed him with 600m to go, then he outkicked me, but we just kept pushing ourselves. No. 1 Freshman by a long shot. Big Grin

Parkside: 18:28~ Absolutely amazing race, and a very hard one at that. UW Parkside course in Wisconsin is nationwide renown for the hardness of the course, its where the Midwest Foot Locker Regionals are held, and is a certified course. Very large number of runners, as it was a sectional meet. Came in at mile 2 at a 11:40, and finished a slower mile, just couldn't hold out the pace. Digged in at the end, and got a nice time.

2 other races I dont think you really care about

Last race of the year at Grant Park: 23:47~ Horrible race, dont even wanna talk about it, but I have to. I was feeling AMAZING at the start of this race, easily coulda been a sick PR of about 18:10 I presume. I came in at mile 1 at a 5:39, and was still feeling really good, and then I got hit with a cramp on my left side, a side stitch. I couldnt really go anymore, jsut kept getting passed and it was just horrible way to end the season.

Overall amazing season of XC

Freshman Track

In order of times, dont need to talk about any except PR
12:01~ Had absolutely no competition, won first by about 300m, and it was my first 2 mile ever so I didn't know how to pace it. Had lots of energy left. 

11:40

11:28

11:48

11:11~ This was a great race, me and that same sophomroe paced eachother throughout the race, and pushed eachother. I tried passing him at about lap 6, which is where I usually make my move, but he sped up and took the lead again. Great race. PR 

11:17

Sophomore Year XC

Rotary Park Coaches Classic: 21:00~ Horrible race, and I was stupid. Tried to race in a brand new pair of spikes I hadn't ran in before, turns out they were horrible for my feet. Extremely emotional meet because I wanted to win the Fresh/Soph race, and come in 1st and 1st sophomre, not 12th and 1st freshman. I knew I made a mistake right from the get go, when my feet just totally gave up on me, everything ached. 

Didnt run this race, recovering a little

Fox River Park: 17:48~ I dont know what hit me, I just had an absolutely AMAZING race, came in 3rd overall in the Fresh/Soph and just felt so fast throughout. I played my more conservative game, jsut kept passing people through the middle, then made a moev at about 800m left. Had someone to push me throughout the rest of the race. Absolutely amazing.

After this is where I unfortunately got severly injured with Runners Knee. It has been nagging me for about 6 months now, and I am going to go to another doctor soon, it may have turned into Arthritis, I dont know yet.

Sad Very sad actually Sad

Sophomore Track~ I am recovering, but am supporting my team by going to practices, but doing my own thing like drills, exercises, stretches, cross training, etc. Im dedicated

Anyway! I hope you enjoyed this EXTREMELY long post about my High School Running career so far! As you can tell I have a extremely good memory when it comes to running, information just soaks in like a sponge when it comes to something I care SO much about.

Big Grin Thank you reading, and enjoy this thread! Big Grin

Keep on running!
  Keep On Running! 
(05-08-2016, 08:50 PM)~XC Wrote:
Official Running Thread!
Welcome to the Official Running Thread!

This is the place to participate in discussion relating to running. This means everything related to running. 
Including Cross Country, Track, Road running, Workouts, Times, Shoes, Tips, Injuries, Questions, Running News, etc!

Please feel free to ask me anything about running, yes even sprints, but I am not as informed in that area. Remember this is also open to recreational runners, so don't feel intimidated by more experienced runners.

For some odd reason, I have found that there is many runners that play Agar, and this is astonishing seeing that I have only been playing agario servers for about 3 days. Running is on the rise as of late, and is becoming a very popular form of exercise in today's world. Because of this, I decided to create this thread for my love of running as well, even though I am new to this whole forums thing.

Just a quick background on me as well. My name is XC (Which stands for Cross Country), I'm a Sophomore and honestly, running is great. However, I have been plagued with running injuries for about 7 months now, and I am still in PT. I hope to be back by XC next season, but it honestly just sucks. 
 Just because I am injured doesn't mean I can't still pursue my passion for running.

Anyhow, I hope to see some participation in this thread! And remember to 
Keep On Running!
Big Grin
Speaking of running I am in 6th grade and I just broke my record of running the mile. I got 6:45 passing 6:48! This isnt too fast but note i am in 6th grade. btw I think 101 is a big runner.

(05-14-2016, 12:18 PM)Falysidia Wrote: I play almost every sport...
Without american football or rugby. xd

Baseball?, Tennis?, Hocky?, Soccer?, Ping Pong?,Etc.
[Image: JEL2lIu.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ρяєѕℓ∂єηт's post:
  • ✨101✨
Wow! Cool stuff! That is very fast for a 6th grader! Keep at it man! If you need any tips or any questions related to running, feel free to ask me!

Also @V1tal yes there is surprisingly a ton of runners that play agario! Haha
  Keep On Running! 
Just a quick little update. Our track team did very well at Conference Yesterday! Girls got 1st and the Boys got 2nd. Also our Girls broke the 4x200m record that was standing for 30 years! So props to them!

Also please give me feedback if I should do a Workout of the Week thing on here. Thank you very much for the support of this thread!

=)
  Keep On Running! 
(05-18-2016, 10:53 PM)~XC Wrote: Just a quick little update. Our track team did very well at Conference Yesterday! Girls got 1st and the Boys got 2nd. Also our Girls broke the 4x200m record that was standing for 30 years! So props to them!

Also please give me feedback if I should do a Workout of the Week thing on here. Thank you very much for the support of this thread!

=)

The thread is getting a little bit inactive Tongue
Tired of living.
Silly silly @V1tal running never dies down. My workout of the week will be starting up tomorrow, and I think I have shown my ability to make quality Threads and keep them active Big Grin

And on a non-related statement:Quality not Quantity
  Keep On Running! 
wellllll hehehe speaking of running
ever since I was little I guess I loved running and playing sports releasing the same endorphins created by running so I have been running for quite some time never really timed myself but I guess I could try that out
what I don't like about running is my personal experiences *cough* *cough* sprained my ankle today running for the fourth time in 3 years different ankle though YAY
no no no but really running is great and hurting yourself is not so be careful while running kids its fun to do if you are safe
(sing the its fun to do when u are safe like the ending of play dough commercial(fun to play with not to eat) and tada playdough reference)

RIP ligament and go running love s11
deal with it Cool
http://agarioforums.net/reputation.php?uid=4075

boi i am s11zilla do not underestimate my powers 

I AM THE FREAKING LOOMINATIS ARCH RIVAL I WILL SHATTER YOU TO PIECES

dont piss me off n00b i am awesomeness i will blind you if you mess with this

[-] The following 1 user Likes s1104874's post:
  • ~XC
Congrats to all of you for helping yourselves stay healthy, by being active and having some fun at the same time!

I could never run worth a damn. But I could walk all day. I once took my future-wife on an 18 hr walk... I think we both had sore feet the day after, but I didn't care.

Here's hoping that all of you take some steps to ensure the well-being of your knees, which I understand that running can be hard on, particularly if you're stuck in an urban setting, and do most of your running on pavement.

~Squirrel tries to erase this post with his little paws but fails~

Seriously... who ever heard of a squirrel that can't run?
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!