Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Running Thread!
Thanks 101, Really cool infographic there. However, one thing that you shouldn't be doing is purposely trying to change your foot strike pattern. Every single trainer out there these days is basically geared towards a heel/midfoot strike, which for some people works totally fine. Forefoot strike is also very efficient, but either way they can cause a plethora of injuries, as there is sort of a runnning injury epidemic at the moment. Anyhow, yes that runner has very good form. 

SO remember, dont overstress on having perfect form, no one has perfect form, and honestly there really isn't a specific perfect form.

@Slothy To respond to your question, could you please specify what level of a runner you are, and where these cramps are occuring? Thank you  Wink
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
@~XC
Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post, I wasn't mentioning any change in your "foot strike pattern", just saying that lousy form can lead to injuries. And when I had to change my form, it felt awkward and I had to consciously be thinking of it every second while I was doing miles for about the first 2 weeks. It became habitual after a while, and I didn't have to focus on it as much as before.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(05-09-2016, 10:23 PM)~XC Wrote: Thanks 101, Really cool infographic there. However, one thing that you shouldn't be doing is purposely trying to change your foot strike pattern. Every single trainer out there these days is basically geared towards a heel/midfoot strike, which for some people works totally fine. Forefoot strike is also very efficient, but either way they can cause a plethora of injuries, as there is sort of a runnning injury epidemic at the moment. Anyhow, yes that runner has very good form. 

SO remember, dont overstress on having perfect form, no one has perfect form, and honestly there really isn't a specific perfect form.

@Slothy To respond to your question, could you please specify what level of a runner you are, and where these cramps are occuring? Thank you  Wink

I am not a huge runner just I run when I have too lol.
My cramps are in my bottom left of my stomach right over the waist
m8 the only exercise i do is to get Extra Fries so no ty HazRSavage
[Image: WlAw2Ag.png]
RIP Xilli <3 i'll always love you!
Alright then @HazR lol. And alright, np 101, I see what you mean Smile

Also to respond to @Slothy that is what we call a. Side Stitch in the running world. A side stich is a sharp cramp that occurs just where you said, either like below the rib and above the side of the stomach and such. This can be a detrimental annoyance when running, and often causes you to stop. Side Stitches occur due to a lack of potassium in your diet and system. This is why Bananas are such a popular food for runners! Because they are very high in potassium. What potassium helps do is balance the fluids in your system, specifically water. This is why there may be cramps on one side of your body, because it doesnt have enough fluids. So a huge thing is drink LOTS OF WATER
This is so important, and I have learned the hard way, trust me. 

So in conclusion, whenever you actually do have to run, make sure you get some sort of intake of potassium, and make sure you drink lots of water. If during exercise you encounter another side stitch, what you need to do is stretch that side of your body out, by extending, and during this take deep breaths. Another suttle way is to try to take your mind off of the side stitch.

Hope I  helped Slothy! This also kinda shows how I know WAY to much about Running LOL, hope to see the issue resolved.

Smile
  Keep On Running! 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ~XC's post:
  • ✨101✨
@Slothy
Also if you are having a cramp while running, what I have found to be most effective, is to, what I call: "run it out."

Basically man up. Ignore the cramp/discomfort. And it will eventually go away Big Grin

If you feel a really sharp pain then you should stop and go see a the trainer (if you have one at your school) if you don't have access to a trainer, then if the pain persists schedule an appointment with your doctor.

But always remember the difference between discomfort and pain, discomfort means you are beating at your craft, working hard to get stronger/faster, and achieve your goals, where as a sharp pain means something is wrong.

And just like @~XC said, Bananas are good to avoid cramps, also stay hydrated before you run (you'll know you are hydrated when you pee is clear like water xD).

And make sure after your workouts, you stretch and get good nutrition(protein, carbohydrates, vegetables, etc) plus it isn't a bad idea to replenish your body with electrolytes (Gatorade).
I play Agar.io, does that count? Smile

Lol, jk I like to swim alot
Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Today! Contact me or XC to join. [Mainly XC, lol]

(05-10-2016, 04:15 PM)ƓƐƝǀX Wrote: I play Agar.io, does that count? Smile

lol, cool! Swimming is a great form of cross training for runners, pretty forgotten imo. Swimming is frikkin tough though man, as a runner, I have respect for you swimmers haha. Do you do any running? 

Also if you dont like banana's, or dont wanna cram on bananas, other things high in potassium include Sweet Potatoes, Tomato Soup, Squash, and Yogurt. Smile
  Keep On Running! 
Thanks! I do run sometimes Smile

Cool! Glad to see you participate in the thread, feel free to ask me anything about running if you do so incline
  Keep On Running! 
(05-10-2016, 04:15 PM)ƓƐƝǀX Wrote: I play Agar.io, does that count? Smile

Hey cool!! 
I'm a swimmer too, after xc/track practice, I go home, relax for a little bit, then I go to swim team practice (2 hours daily, 6 days a week)

@ƓƐƝǀX
Do you have any times for events?
Also what is your favorite stroke?
I usually have swimming practice every day, and I really don't have a favorite stroke Smile

Hey guys! Our team just had the county track meet yesterday, and our girls took 1st and the boys took 3rd! We had some really nice distance times, with our guys clocking in at 2:01-2:03 800m's, and had a couple of girls PR. ALSO our 4x200m is 1 second off of the school record!

Just wanted to update the thread with that right now haha.

And again, dont worry the big post will be coming on Saturday, as well as the Workout of The Week starting on Sunday Smile
  Keep On Running! 
Just ran 15km on a treadmill! Whoo, achey legs!
Lets get 100 threads here we go!
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]