Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trolls copying my name on AGF
(05-16-2016, 10:16 AM)SkyDoge Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 05:47 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: Hi guys!

Today I want to address an issue that has been bugging me (and others) recently.  
@Sora 
@Gandalf 
@Spectrumss

So I'm sure most of you have played on the AGF private server before, and a lot of you like @karlaSmile) have been annoyed by the fact that random people go ahead and use your name(and sometimes even spam the chat with profanity & etc).

I bring this to attention because today while I was playing on AGF private server someone was using my name and kept cussing in the chat and also was spamming. He also managed to trick the guy I was teaming with to think I was the "fake one", and so my own teammate ate me Dodgy , and began teaming with the fake instead Angry .

One solution i'm suggesting is on the AGF private server have an optional login screen so that registered members can play with their name.

How this works:
1. First the AGF member logs in.
2. Next they can type any name they want to use, or use their own protected name. (Protected, meaning the name will have a certain color, for example yellow, so if i'm logged in with my name it will look like this: [no life] ✨101✨,where as if an impersonator uses my name it will look like this [no life] ✨101✨)
3. This plan insures that trolls won't annoy AGF players anymore by copying their name.

Thank you Heart

i as well get fakes but you ought to deal with em!
Once there is a "log in" feature, I won't have to deal with them because only the actual original owner of a name will have a color to his name, therefore if you copy his name people will know you aren't the real one because it won't have a certain color. Sleepy
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
Every time I join the game as Voakie, others to so too :c
Very annoying...
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • ✨101✨
I deffinitly agree, because in my bio says i dislike fakers. And it's kind of 'cyberbullying' because if he's being mean to your friends, there is a good chance that you'll either lose them, having a bad reputation or even getting kicked from the clan! So skype is really handy.
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
(04-21-2016, 05:47 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: So I'm sure most of you have played on the AGF private server before, and a lot of you like @karlaSmile) have been annoyed by the fact that random people go ahead and use your name(and sometimes even spam the chat with profanity & etc).

~shears are deployed~

One solution i'm suggesting is on the AGF private server have an optional login screen so that registered members can play with their name.

How this works:
1. First the AGF member logs in.
2. Next they can type any name they want to use, or use their own protected name. (Protected, meaning the name will have a certain color, for example yellow, so if i'm logged in with my name it will look like this: [no life] ✨101✨,where as if an impersonator uses my name it will look like this [no life] ✨101✨)
3. This plan insures that trolls won't annoy AGF players anymore by copying their name.

Thank you Heart

I think this is an excellent idea. And yet, I'm not sure that there can ever be an appropriate and effective implementation of it.

Many people utilize the international character sets to make what some call 'elite' names. To me, all this is completely unimportant.

While I think it would be quite easy to isolate a name as 'unique' (the Forums themselves must already permit login via a unique combination of username/password), and consider it as 'protected', there is no reasonable way to prevent others from using that 'protected' name, and changing it slightly, via even a single very similar international character.

So for those who are faced with that situation, I suggest that after you cuss at the imbecile who's trying to impersonate you, that you find a way to just laugh it off.

In the overall scheme of things, this is not at all important.

That said, I think a private server could definitely put clauses within their "Acceptable Use Policy" that leaves anyone who practices this open to discipline by the server's administrators with no legal recourse.

And to anyone immature enough to consider doing this, I would suggest to you that you can very easily both be identified and banned from the server. So it's in your best interests to not do it.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-23-2016, 11:13 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: So today again I was on AGF, minding my own business and teaming with some random dude named tyt stilewow, when suddenly I see  a fake me say "there is a fake 101".

For a second i'm confused and don't know what to say...

Then he says"i'm the real 101".
I tell him" No, you are not, and stop copying my name so you can team with my friends -_-"

While I was teaming with tyt stilewow, he secretly gets the same color as me and sneaks up on me, I have zero clue since he looks  exactly like me, he slowly eats my little pieces and by the time I realize what is happening i'm already dead Dodgy

Here is a picture:
[Image: iCjoaeP.png]

plz @Sora when you have time can you make an optional feature that lets you login and play with a colorful registered name?
IMO it would be a great improvement to AGF. 
( my registered names would be N๏ ᒪᎥƒe] ✨101✨, [no life] ✨101✨, and  ✨101✨)

Look like you were struggling lel
[Image: Robin.png]
LOL IM GLAD I DIDNT LEAK MY NAME
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]
(05-16-2016, 04:15 PM)Robin Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 11:13 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: So today again I was on AGF, minding my own business and teaming with some random dude named tyt stilewow, when suddenly I see  a fake me say "there is a fake 101".

I tell him" No, you are not, and stop copying my name so you can team with my friends -_-"

While I was teaming with tyt stilewow, he secretly gets the same color as me and sneaks up on me, I have zero clue since he looks  exactly like me, he slowly eats my little pieces and by the time I realize what is happening i'm already dead Dodgy

Here is a picture:

plz @Sora when you have time can you make an optional feature that lets you login and play with a colorful registered name?

IMAO i took that picture as soon as I got in Big Grin
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(04-21-2016, 04:19 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 09:29 AM)Mikasa Wrote: Beside the fact that this should be discussed in a PM, is this a really good idea / suggestion!

Why should this discussed in a PM?  Huh
It is a problem that is encountered by many AGFR's and this issue has to be addressed publicly. Sleepy

(04-21-2016, 07:01 AM)Bane Wolfgang Wrote: This should be taken up with staff privately.

Why should this discussed in a PM?  [Image: huh.png] 

It is a problem that is encountered by many AGFR's and this issue has to be addressed publicly. [Image: sleepy.png]

Pft, not my problem.  I call anyone who steals my name "my son" we become buddies and "my son" supports me. It's a benefit if you ask me, lol. but im stoupid what do i knoe
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
(05-16-2016, 10:44 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:

Here is a picture:

IMAO i took that picture as soon as I got in Big Grin
hy are you complaining for the past couple days ive had over 15 fakes joining other clans and trucing with others
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262

Here is a picture:

What are you hiding in that tab, huh? Corn Hub??
(05-16-2016, 11:14 PM)plsdonteatme Wrote:

Here is a picture:

hes on to something 101 that looks like another agf tab open perhaps your the quote on quote "fake"
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
(05-16-2016, 11:17 PM)SkyDoge Wrote:

Here is a picture:

hes on to something 101 that looks like another agf tab open perhaps your the quote on quote "fake"
You don't need to say quote on quote if you actually put the quotes there
(05-16-2016, 11:18 PM)plsdonteatme Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 11:17 PM)SkyDoge Wrote:

Here is a picture:

You don't need to say quote on quote if you actually put the quotes there

oops my bad lol
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
STOP COMPLAINING I THINK MODS KNOW THIS
Nice idea tho.

no hate

101 ur cool bro no hate srsly
[-] The following 1 user Likes plsdonteatme's post:
  • ✨101✨
(05-16-2016, 11:21 PM)plsdonteatme Wrote: STOP COMPLAINING I THINK MODS KNOW THIS
Nice idea tho.

no hate

101 ur cool bro no hate srsly

101 is always "chill"
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkyDoge's post:
  • ✨101✨