Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Tactics
Advanced tactics
By SilverDragon - Steam username RazorThreader

Intro
Warning These mini tutorials and tactics are not to be used on smaller worms. May cause death if attempted to do so. 
So You're a big fat snake now? Well Mr:BigSnake those sneaky little tactics you learned as a young will not make you last long. Sure you may have the occasional good game or a lucky start that gives you 20k+ but if you want to survive you must act different.
You're a big snake now
You've to remember your size. Your not a small snake anymore and you've got to remember that. Let me explain what I mean by that.
Let's say that you're getting into a tight situation, literally. There is a snake to the left and right of you both going the opposite way. Whats even worse is that the way your going is getting smaller and smaller. What do you do? I you answered keep going you will 90% of the time die. Even if the gap at the end gets bigger there could always be many other smaller snakes nearby all fighting each other right outside of it. Since they're smaller its even harder to guess what way they turn. Maybe its another enclosed area, you don't know so why take the risk? Just go back the opposite way and travel along yourself.
So now your going to turn back, when do you do it? The only safe answer is as soon as you spot this. Look, you're what 15k now? If you wait and see what's at the end of ANY tight situation all your doing is killing yourself. Your big, there is no reason to risk it. If you do there is literally not enough space to turn back. Where if you just turn around you have the least amount of dying and the most space possible to turn. maybe even do it again an tada, riding along yourself and tada! One of the snakes should have by now left.
Encurlment
Safety
Being curled is basically going around another snake in a circle. The snake will no longer have any chance to leave and will eventually hit your snake.
Quick guide on how to avoid being curled while curling. Basically not matter what you're making yourself smaller and more vulnerable. If you ever get curled (Even as a small snake) here are your options.
1. Charge head to head with the other snake in attempt to go around (Can be used for revenge)
2. Go in the opposite direction of the snake curling you, towards its tail.
Reason for this is that you will have the most time to reach the outside of the snake trying to trap you.
3. Don't do anything yet. Your big, just wait a few seconds if possible. When you reach the same direction as the one trying to trap you BOOST. Make a curl around his head and this most likely will kill the snake. Note you must be further in front he is or else that snake will match your boost.
4. Last Resort - The snake has now trapped you. Don't give up yet if you've got something to loose. Match his curl. It's not about land grab. Get up as close as you can to his snake. When a new space opens make sure you snake passes it. This entire tactic is basically pressure. You don't want to fold in and allow him to get you into a smaller position. You must take any opening and use it, this will eventually make the enemy snake open up. You will probably be dead before then though.
How to Curl (Trapping other snakes)
It's not more advanced than rocket science. Take your little body and wrap it around a snake. Take land when the enemy snake's head can't cut you off. Boom, the enemy messed up and died.
Trapping techniques
Some really weird things can happen in trapping.
Double loop
It looks like an 8. You've got two snakes each in their own little death chamber.
Avoiding being trapped
It's really easy to go and make a little line from the circle. Increases your space you take up while letting you to enclose further. Example BeepBoop The circle is where the enemy is trapped. You're the lines.

STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, will be finished in the course of a few days.
If this topic has some logic fails remember its still in development. I need breaks from massive walls of text, no matter how much I like them. Last note, yeah I know about the grey text, some kind of weird thing happened I'll fix it later.
[-] The following 3 users Like SilverDragon's post:
  • Sinister , Sora, ✨101✨
The story of the wise little snake

Once there was a little snake and a big serpent from the top 10 was curling around him, instead of giving up the little snake kept close to big serpents' head, the serpent then made the mistake of peaking his head inside towards the little snakes' direction, The little snake seized the opportunity and while using the speed boost he charged right in front of the serpent causing him to hit the little snakes' body.... 
The foolish serpent instantly evaporated and the little snake quickly encircled all the leftover mass.
And that is the story of how a little wise snake outsmarted a foolish serpent from the top 10 and stole all his mass.

The End
BTW the little snake was me.  Sleepy
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Sora
(04-17-2016, 09:30 PM)[N๏ ᒪᎥƒe] ✨101✨ Wrote:
The story of the wise little snake

Once there was a little snake and a big serpent from the top 10 was curling around him, instead of giving up the little snake kept close to big serpents' head, the serpent then made the mistake of peaking his head inside towards the little snakes' direction, The little snake seized the opportunity and while using the speed boost he charged right in front of the serpent causing him to hit the little snakes' body.... 
The foolish serpent instantly evaporated and the little snake quickly encircled all the leftover mass.
And that is the story of how a little wise snake outsmarted a foolish serpent from the top 10 and stole all his mass.

The End
BTW the little snake was me.  Sleepy
lol I'll add pretty much everything that can be done here and how to avoid it. I might just changed the thread name to general guide but have basic to advanced tactics here. The beguining will be simplified and more basic and as the guide goes on it will get more complex.

Also announcement, the thing you don't do when being circled is make yourself as small as possible. Like why are there so many snakes doing that? lol.