Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Slither.io - Everything about the game | Wiki & FAQ
Welcome to the AgarioForums Slither.io Wikipedia!

[Image: fbthumb3.jpg]

Everything about Slitherio / Slither.io
Slither.io is a raving success online program diversion created by LowTech Enterprises where you control a snake and play with a large amount of online players. The goal is to avoid other snakes, and make your snake growing the largest. Today, Slither.io is owned by moneyclip MiniClip,
Snakes & Skins
Snakes
 As a player, you spawn as a snake. You control the snake with your mouse, and move around. The goal is to get as large as possible by eating other snakes. There is a twist however! You MUST avoid all other snakes. If you crash into another snake, you have lost the game, and you must restart. Get it? This is also how you will grow large and dominate the realms of slither! You eat other, falure of snakes, that have crashed into others. As they crash, their remainings lay edible for anyone to eat up. Be quick, eat remains of dead snakes, and reach to the TOP..
Skins
Currently there are only a couple skins implemented. These vary from blue, red, yellow, green, red, pink and purple colors. You can also choose different colorful variations and also a skin which seemingly fails at an attempt to look like the American flag.
Snake length
 Length is the most important factor in the game. The length of your snake actually makes you get in the leaderboard! Duh. Your length is displayed on the left side of the screen (corner) and in the leaderboard, when you reach it Smile

Wait Honest, how do i get a larger snake? 

What a great question! To increase your size, you must eat "pellets" or, the dead snake remains of other snakes. Maybe it doesn't make sense when I say this now, but i'm sure it will when you try the game. Yay, Free Slither.io advertisement.

How to play Slither like a PRO
So. You wana take it to the next level huh? Well you've come to the right place. With these tips you're about to read, your snake will grow so large, you'll have all the female snakes crawling after you just to get a tiny bit of your snake mass.
So let's get started!

Step 1: Play fast, play without lagg. These are the most important factors. To play fast, you must react fast, fast instincts, just like a snake. You must put your mindset into the game, and become a snake. For real. You're a snake. Put this into your mind. While you sit on your chair, wiggle your body left and right while you hold your mouse with your right hand.  This has a psychological effect called "Clither" which makes your primal animal behavioural instincts come to life, and increases your awareness by an optimal 37%, mental agility by 28% and physical state of snakeness by 98%.

Combine these skills with the magical  "left click speed boost" and give your snake a speed boost. The speed boost makes your snake go FAST, you will attract dead snakes. Well relatively, that is. In reality, you approach the dead snakes, but from another relative perspective according to einsteins relativity theory, the dead snakes approach you, not you approach the snakes. 

Or like our brother @SPAM000 would say:

Quote:in Mother Russia, snake attracts you.

Questions & Answers
Q1: How the F**K are there people reaching INSANE 22 million hiscore? I just faint looking at that number imagining a snake with 22 million mass! Like what the f*** fu** shi* holy bit**es maccaroni.

A1: This is one of the most wonderful mysteries of the game! Did someone hack/cheat themselves up to such a high score? Is it the developers and $clip miniclip pranking us? The answer is NO. This is legitimate hiscores from real life players achieved throughout the day! Now get this: The larger you are, the easier it is for you to grow. That's right. When you hit 100k mass, you only have to eat a bit more to reach 200k. Even less to reach 400k

Q2:
Slither laggs. It seems there is still like, 500+ people a server which is pretty insane and lags a lot. Does anyone know exactly when this will be fixed so I can finally get bigger than before. Thanks for any responces.
A2: There's an issue within the core of this matter.
At specific hours every day, there are servers (perhaps all servers?) infested with bots. These are not the kind of bots that go into you, like in Agario, but they are the kind of bots that play against everyone. The thing is, they are very easily recognizable. As a player, you can see how they take non-human decisions. They tend to not eat mass, and if anyone is close to them, they turn on speed boost to make you crash. They play very well, though only with the sizes between 10 to 2k max.

The bots often cause servers to be infested with 500+ people at once. Something which does cause lagg.

I do not know why this happens. It seems to be like it is very organized, the bots come on at specific times in the day. They play well. I can assure you, they are bots. Their names are often just "Alice" "bob" "Hax" "Slitherking" and you know what?
I believe it is Miniclip running these bots. For what reason? Who knows. Possibly to trick their own statistics including more players than there actually is? It might also be an AI experiment $ is running. Basically the more bots you run on more servers, the faster the process to smarten the bots become, progress quickly. So there are hundreds of bots running, and it works like evolution. Only the snakes that survive until X hiscore (large scores) pass their "genes"/code to the next bots. This way, the code changes slightly from each surviving "generation" of snakes, until it has been completely revamped from starting-code to now-code where you have snakes nearly impossible to beat because they play so professionaly. Ask AGF @sgaf about AI, he should know everything about it. 

If you have any questions about the game, post below and it will be answered here!
Thanks. 
-Honest

Strategies coming soon!
[Image: PrivateRyanOnlineXD.gif]
Agar.io real life
[-] The following 12 users Like Honest's post:
  • Bane Wolfgang, Doigt, Exursa , Konoha , Mikasa, Relax , run SPOT run , sgaf, Sora, Voakie , yukichan, Zikita
This is fantastic. Color fits the subject. The thread is well layed out and thought out. Great content! You've inspired me to bring my content up to better standards!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bane Wolfgang's post:
  • Sora
Holy *S** that's an epic signature you've got!

Thanks for the reply btw, hopefully we can all inspire each other!
Agar.io real life
(04-12-2016, 11:56 PM)Honest Wrote: Holy *S** that's an epic signature you've got!

Thanks for the reply btw, hopefully we can all inspire each other!

Hey thanks ;Wink

and you're welcome
The SPAM quote had me in tears! Fantastic wiki.

There's mods up and coming for slither, check out szymy's work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KckbsELbk
It seems there is a LOT of slither servers, you can create a list of them by running LoadSos() from the game client JS after loading the http://slither.io/i2.txt file.
I'm tempted to start on a few mods for it, I made a server selector, but that's about it.
-LKD70
[-] The following 2 users Like LKD70 's post:
  • Honest, yukichan
(04-13-2016, 12:52 AM)LKD70 Wrote: The SPAM quote had me in tears! Fantastic wiki.

There's mods up and coming for slither, check out szymy's work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KckbsELbk
It seems there is a LOT of slither servers, you can create a list of them by running LoadSos() from the game client JS after loading the http://slither.io/i2.txt file.
I'm tempted to start on a few mods for it, I made a server selector, but that's about it.

When I read your reply regarding SPAM's quote you had me in tears as well!

Yep! It could be interesting to make some mods for them, could be an easy way to blow up atm since there aren't many mods out there... yet. But AGF could also do really good with some mods ya know!
Agar.io real life
A very good read indeed!
-Saruman," I said, standing away from him, "You shall not pass". Saruman said, "I've got powerups". That's the day I learnt, it was best to play on another server. Much rather guard the secret room. It's very nice, grows the old toby. I like the old toby. Sometimes it even unleashes some magical mushrooms that make my world twice as fast. They call it the 2x speed shroom.
Very informational! The formatting is great! Awesome post!
(04-12-2016, 11:13 PM)Honest Wrote:

Slither.io is a raving success online program diversion created by LowTech Enterprises where you control a snake and play with a large amount of online players. The goal is to avoid other snakes, and make your snake growing the largest. Today, Slither.io is owned by moneyclip MiniClip,
Snakes & Skins
Snakes
 As a player, you spawn as a snake. You control the snake with your mouse, and move around. The goal is to get as large as possible by eating other snakes. There is a twist however! You MUST avoid all other snakes. If you crash into another snake, you have lost the game, and you must restart. Get it? This is also how you will grow large and dominate the realms of slither! You eat other, falure of snakes, that have crashed into others. As they crash, their remainings lay edible for anyone to eat up. Be quick, eat remains of dead snakes, and reach to the TOP..
Skins
Currently there are only a couple skins implemented. These vary from blue, red, yellow, green, red, pink and purple colors. You can also choose different colorful variations and also a skin which seemingly fails at an attempt to look like the American flag.
Snake length
 Length is the most important factor in the game. The length of your snake actually makes you get in the leaderboard! Duh. Your length is displayed on the left side of the screen (corner) and in the leaderboard, when you reach it Smile

Wait Honest, how do i get a larger snake? 

What a great question! To increase your size, you must eat "pellets" or, the dead snake remains of other snakes. Maybe it doesn't make sense when I say this now, but i'm sure it will when you try the game. Yay, Free Slither.io advertisement.

How to play Slither like a PRO
So. You wana take it to the next level huh? Well you've come to the right place. With these tips you're about to read, your snake will grow so large, you'll have all the female snakes crawling after you just to get a tiny bit of your snake mass.
So let's get started!

Step 1: Play fast, play without lagg. These are the most important factors. To play fast, you must react fast, fast instincts, just like a snake. You must put your mindset into the game, and become a snake. For real. You're a snake. Put this into your mind. While you sit on your chair, wiggle your body left and right while you hold your mouse with your right hand.  This has a psychological effect called "Clither" which makes your primal animal behavioural instincts come to life, and increases your awareness by an optimal 37%, mental agility by 28% and physical state of snakeness by 98%.

Combine these skills with the magical  "left click speed boost" and give your snake a speed boost. The speed boost makes your snake go FAST, you will attract dead snakes. Well relatively, that is. In reality, you approach the dead snakes, but from another relative perspective according to einsteins relativity theory, the dead snakes approach you, not you approach the snakes. 

Or like our brother @SPAM000 would say:

Quote:in Mother Russia, snake attracts you.

Questions & Answers
Q1: How the F**K are there people reaching INSANE 22 million hiscore? I just faint looking at that number imagining a snake with 22 million mass! Like what the f*** fu** shi* holy bit**es maccaroni.

A1: This is one of the most wonderful mysteries of the game! Did someone hack/cheat themselves up to such a high score? Is it the developers and $clip miniclip pranking us? The answer is NO. This is legitimate hiscores from real life players achieved throughout the day! Now get this: The larger you are, the easier it is for you to grow. That's right. When you hit 100k mass, you only have to eat a bit more to reach 200k. Even less to reach 400k

Q2:
Slither laggs. It seems there is still like, 500+ people a server which is pretty insane and lags a lot. Does anyone know exactly when this will be fixed so I can finally get bigger than before. Thanks for any responces.
At specific hours every day, there are servers (perhaps all servers?) infested with bots. These are not the kind of bots that go into you, like in Agario, but they are the kind of bots that play against everyone. The thing is, they are very easily recognizable. As a player, you can see how they take non-human decisions. They tend to not eat mass, and if anyone is close to them, they turn on speed boost to make you crash. They play very well, though only with the sizes between 10 to 2k max.

The bots often cause servers to be infested with 500+ people at once. Something which does cause lagg.

I do not know why this happens. It seems to be like it is very organized, the bots come on at specific times in the day. They play well. I can assure you, they are bots. Their names are often just "Alice" "bob" "Hax" "Slitherking" and you know what?
I believe it is Miniclip running these bots. For what reason? Who knows. Possibly to trick their own statistics including more players than there actually is? It might also be an AI experiment $ is running. Basically the more bots you run on more servers, the faster the process to smarten the bots become, progress quickly. So there are hundreds of bots running, and it works like evolution. Only the snakes that survive until X hiscore (large scores) pass their "genes"/code to the next bots. This way, the code changes slightly from each surviving "generation" of snakes, until it has been completely revamped from starting-code to now-code where you have snakes nearly impossible to beat because they play so professionaly. Ask AGF @sgaf about AI, he should know everything about it. 

If you have any questions about the game, post below and it will be answered here!
Thanks. 
-Honest

Strategies coming soon!
Honestly, the tips looks good. Just got a high score of 28k in slither.io. Making hard efforts to hack this game for 3 days. I will soon be releasing my hack or mod.  Smile
I am waiting....
(04-12-2016, 11:13 PM)Honest Wrote:

Q2: Slither laggs. It seems there is still like, 500+ people a server which is pretty insane and lags a lot. Does anyone know exactly when this will be fixed so I can finally get bigger than before. Thanks for any responces.

Thanks. 
-Honest

Strategies coming soon!

I'd say you're right about it being miniclip's doing. I've never seen a bot and taken note of it, but if they really are playing well and there are that many of them with names like that, I would seriously doubt any 3rd parties would be doing stuff like that. An impressive long-term genetic AI development system like that from your description seems like it would have to be someone with easy access to the server as well as a TON of dormant computing power.
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. 

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." -Bruce Lee
are the other snakes on the leaderboard in Play Against A.I. actually real? I've tried to find them but i cant see any of them anywhere??
I find this game very entertaining! Thanks for "open the doors" of your forum! follow] ans see what animals are too dangerous for people!
Thanx for sharing...
Great read! Do you want to download free android games? Download Rise in love and start playing the same, you will love it!
Wow I dont know why I saw wow just wow
[Image: tumblr_nmtb8tkF9s1si4e7ko1_500.gif]