Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names
The Agarioforums server is fun. We can all agree on that.

However, we need to stop racist, sexual or any offensive names. As a community of many different people, these names should definately not be allowed as they may drive the targeted victims away from the forum or encourage this sort of behavior. Sora, please can you do something about this. I know it will be hard to do, but at least try to do something. Thanks.

[Image: BfEFDm.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exursa 's post:
  • run SPOT run
It is an ongoing problem, due to nicknames being chosen with different characters. It is practically impossible to make a code filter out special characters and spaces using these names. It is on the to-do list and i'm trying to think out something. Possibly a "report user" tab.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
(03-09-2016, 07:51 PM)Sora Wrote: It is an ongoing problem, due to nicknames being chosen with different characters. It is practically impossible to make a code filter out special characters and spaces using these names. It is on the to-do list and i'm trying to think out something. Possibly a "report user" tab.

When reported a moderator or admin could look over the name and ban the ip of the offensive name, on the other hand, it could easily be bypassed with a vpn extension for chrome or a vpn in general, so it would be very hard to ban someone permadently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sinister 's post:
  • Sora
(03-09-2016, 08:48 PM)Sinister Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 07:51 PM)Sora Wrote: It is an ongoing problem, due to nicknames being chosen with different characters. It is practically impossible to make a code filter out special characters and spaces using these names. It is on the to-do list and i'm trying to think out something. Possibly a "report user" tab.

When reported a moderator or admin could look over the name and ban the ip of the offensive name, on the other hand, it could easily be bypassed with a vpn extension for chrome or a vpn in general, so it would be very hard to ban someone permadently.
Yes this is very true.

Yes it would be hard to do, I think a report user tab might be a good idea, we just have to hope people don't use it irresponsibly and we need a punishment for it as well.
Offensive names are in every agar server, which is why schools ban the game. I'm glad the leaderboard resets as some really good players love to get racist/sexist/homophobic names up there, and it was terrible when they were up there for weeks. I admit I play with offensive names as well ([kitty]butt, [uranus]is huge, etc..) but I try to keep it funny and not anything that would make someone mad. I'll stop using names that are rude, and hope to lead by example. Your concerns are shared and appreciated by most of the community Spectrumss, thank you for bringing, and keeping a problem into the light. It would be simple to put a disclaimer at the login stating that racist/sexist/homophobic names or language will not be tolerated, along with adding a report player button. Beyond that I don't see what could be done as there are ways around any filter.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Sora
(03-09-2016, 09:21 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: Offensive names are in every agar server, which is why schools ban the game. I'm glad the leaderboard resets as some really good players love to get racist/sexist/homophobic names up there, and it was terrible when they were up there for weeks. I admit I play with offensive names as well ([kitty]butt, [uranus]is huge, etc..) but I try to keep it funny and not anything that would make someone mad. I'll stop using names that are rude, and hope to lead by example. Your concerns are shared and appreciated by most of the community Spectrumss, thank you for bringing, and keeping a problem into the light. It would be simple to put a disclaimer at the login stating that racist/sexist/homophobic names or language will not be tolerated, along with adding a report player button. Beyond that I don't see what could be done as there are ways around any filter.

I completely agree. You don't have to stop using those funny names, it's just racist, sexist etc names that I have a problem with. Thanks for replying.