Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 39 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
[no life] NOW RECRUITING!!
if ur pc have lag in agma i think u should restrat ur pc or if it's nothing happen and still lag u should delete not important things in ur pc or maybe u dont have space or u have virus in pc that's all.
[Image: tumblr_nmtb8tkF9s1si4e7ko1_500.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like yukichan's post:
  • Maribel, Not a bot, Sarah123
(02-22-2019, 02:13 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote: Remember when online forums were just bullet point lists. Reddit is just a fancier version of those old message boards.

[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I was on 'CompuServe' for awhile. ~grimaces~

Back then, I was a 'Certified Apple Developer', l ol.

Then when I discovered that the 'Developer' discounts amounted to a hill of beans, I switched to working strictly for PC's instead, and never looked back.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Not a bot
(02-24-2019, 11:31 PM)samira Wrote:
Quote:Then when I discovered that the 'Developer' discounts amounted to a hill of beans
Dear furry rodent,

I have a plea: Please have mercy and translate these words to simple English. Blush I have no idea what they mean. Discount? Like in a sale? Makes no sense!
Hill of beans? Is this a real metaphor for something big or did you just made it up? And it's the first time I see a verb form of "amount". I really have no idea how to put all these parts together. Confused

With great pleasure! Yes, "hill of beans" is an expression that is essentially a synonym for 'nothing'.

When I was 17, the high school I was in bought Apple II computers, and well... I just had to have one too! Shamefully, I begged my mom to buy me one. Later, after realizing that I'd made my mom pay $3000 for a computer that didn't have a shift key, I told myself that never again would I make her buy me a computer. And true to form, all my other machines, I either bought with my own money, or some guy made me a trade for work I'd done with a computer, because they couldn't pay me.

But I was quite loyal to the Apple brand, at first. And I'd learned the assembly language of two Motorola chips, the 6502, and later, 68000 series. The 68000 series was used in the original Macintosh line, and I wanted to explore doing work for that, since the Board of Education I was in had decided to purchase strictly Apple's at the time.

I'd already formed a company with a friend of mine, and I put together an application to be a 'Certified Developer' for Apple products. That was granted to me, and then I was hoping I'd see some serious reductions made available to me, for the hardware, so I could afford to buy a Macintosh! But the end discounts ended up being about 10% or less, on most things, and I knew most of their stuff was marked up a full 100 points, so I decided, "You don't care about me -- now I don't care about you" instead.

I respect Apple as a company. They have been a positive influence on the world of computing as a whole. But they have never been too fond of their customers. They were quick to release 5 different models of the same product, and quick to terminate support for them, all while continually overcharging for them, with the stoic attitude, "But you'll buy it anyways, because it's an Apple product."

And since then, never again have I bought an Apple product. Not even a Walkman, or an iPhone. (An iWatch, you say?! I laugh at you!)
Fight the Good Fight
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(02-25-2019, 11:26 AM)samira Wrote: I have an iPad, iPhone and AirPods Blush But never had a Mac-whatever except from the company I worked for. They are way too expansive although they look great.

Yeah, Apple spends lots of money making sure their computers get some show in all kinds of movies being made.... but a computer is not about fashion, it is about getting work done!

They just keep changing things so that their hard-core fans will buy the next version.
Fight the Good Fight
  • Sarah123
Yo I used to be on No life. I was in like 6th grade. Now I'm a freshmen in highschool. I'm down to rejoin cause I play Agma now
[Image: JEL2lIu.jpg]
(02-25-2019, 07:58 PM)samira Wrote:
Quote:but a computer is not about fashion, it is about getting work done!
Debatable! Tongue

~stares at his screen, mouth agape, unable to say anything~

(.......isn't this the SECOND time you've done this to me?!)

(...sigh... must be your biological washcloth, wagging at me)
Fight the Good Fight
(02-26-2019, 08:51 PM)samira Wrote: Oh, we can start that discussion about design, if you want to.

However, you should know that I am very very well prepared. I've also read the Steve Jobs bio from Walter Isaacsson. However, I do not own the Apple design book (I think it's not "Designed by Apple in California" it's another one --- I will buy it eventually Heart ) so you might have a chance. But you should also know that I have a DeviantArt account (which I will not link Tongue )  and I have a Dribbble account but never published anything. But I stopped doing web design years ago and now I really rarely do it. My passion for design felt asleep due to too many other stuff I had to do. BUT I'm still capable of discussing that topic FOREVER! Big Grin

So, you have been warned. Angel Now it's up to you, if you are ready for an endless crusade where rationalism is the first victim to fall to the ground getting stampeded by hundrets of emotional overloaded arguments. It's gonna be a nightmare, Mr. Form Follows Function! A massacre! An epic victory for aesthetics!!!

It seems likely that you and I come from two completely different social castes. Smile

My mom and I were always below the Canadian considered 'poverty line' (which I believe is set too high, since really, all our needs were met), and I have as a result come to be a bit of a miser myself -- and yet, I consider money largely unimportant.

I have zero fashion sense. Clothes, to me, are as valuable as I enjoy their feel against me, and no more. I still wear most of the shirts from my highschool days. As such, aesthetics to me, are also of no concern.

If the person next to me assumes that I am a fool, or worthless due to how I am dressed, I could not possibly care less. And I'd consider it to be their loss. The only times I dressed better were for my teaching opportunities (enough to appear respectable), and occasionally when I had to go to an office where I knew people would be well-dressed.

I appreciate those who DO follow fashion sense, for it is a huge contributor to the overall world economy.

People must have jobs, or the world will fall into a perilous state.

It would seem that you are one of the sorts I'd appreciate, but would not expect you to ever talk to me. (Except here, where such things are... not usually self-evident, and of little to no concern.)

So again, a computer is a tool, and serves purposes. What it looks like, is merely a way of getting those who are more well-off to part with their money -- which I approve of.

It just wouldn't ever be me. Even if I came into a woodshed's worth of money, I would put it to some hopeful use, helping people to escape from abuse, and would continue living pretty much unchanged.
Fight the Good Fight
(02-27-2019, 12:04 PM)samira Wrote: My counter-strike will have to wait until (my) afternoon because I do not want to type all I have to say on my iPhone during work time BUT here is a little spoiler: I am shocked!!! Confused

I can't imagine why you'd be shocked, so please make sure I see your reply! Smile

(Is it even possible to shock you?!)
Fight the Good Fight
(02-27-2019, 01:51 PM)samira Wrote: Possible it is, user of an ugly ThinkPad. Indeed it is.

I don't understand this reply either, lol.

ThinkPad sounds like a laptop! I hate laptops!

If someone bought me a laptop, I would try to get them to take it back.

If I were forced to keep it, I would attach a real monitor to it, a real keyboard, and a real mouse... and then I'd be fuming at the heat-producing mass on my desk that just screams "inefficient spending!" in soooo many ways to me!

So I'm guessing you use this 'ThinkPad'? It sounds familiar, as a name, but I forget who makes it.

To me, a laptop ONLY makes sense if you are a student living in residence, for whom, you need a portable machine, and it's useful for it to take up as little space as possible.

If I were ths student, I'd hate every last minute of it, but grit my teeth and do the same.

The other one that makes sense to me, is either a consultant or salesperson that travels to customer sites. You would find in my luggage, a regular keyboard and regular mouse, if it were me though.
Fight the Good Fight
check here http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=58345
https://discord.gg/Mp3m4s
https://discord.gg/VmRyww

ʏᴏʟᴏ ᴄʟᴀɴ

[url=https://discord.gg/Mp3m4s][/url]
(07-02-2019, 11:40 AM)someone Wrote: check here http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=58345

Hi Someone!

You tried advertising your clan, inside the thread of one of the oldest and most successful clans thread....

And the reason they have not minded, is because their clan has been completely dead for at least 1.5 years now!!

Go to the Clans area of the Forums, and ask it to start a New Thread!

It should ask you for a title for your thread... so if you see it asking you that, you're on the right track!

Good luck with your clan, and let us know if you need some help!
Fight the Good Fight
  • QueenHeather
(07-02-2019, 02:22 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 11:40 AM)someone Wrote: check here http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=58345

Hi Someone!

You tried advertising your clan, inside the thread of one of the oldest and most successful clans thread....

And the reason they have not minded, is because their clan has been completely dead for at least 1.5 years now!!

It should ask you for a title for your thread... so if you see it asking you that, you're on the right track!

i made this clan now what do you mean?
https://discord.gg/Mp3m4s
https://discord.gg/VmRyww

ʏᴏʟᴏ ᴄʟᴀɴ

[url=https://discord.gg/Mp3m4s][/url]
(07-02-2019, 10:51 PM)someone Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 02:22 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

Hi Someone!

i made this clan now what do you mean?

After I'd replied to that message, I actually saw that you'd posted another one in the right spot afterall -- that you'd found the Clans area, and made a new thread, so congrats! You figured out everything that you had to for a new person here!

But I don't think you realized that, in this case, you were asking for people to join your clan inside a conversation of a popular clan back in 2017 for people to join you in 2019. (Most of the people from that clan are not around anymore...)

Lots of people who wind up here have never been on a place like the Forums before, and a number of things take some getting used to, before you are confident that you'll see most of the new messages, and so on. lol
Fight the Good Fight
  • @Deletedacc21075026
can i join?
(10-15-2019, 01:50 AM)samira Wrote: @RULEROFEGYPT You probably will not get an answer here, try to contact them driectly. Smile

He won't get an answer AT ALLLLL!

No Life closed up shop more than 2 years ago!

I was rereading some of the "fashion sense" conversation you and I were having in this crazy thread from more than half a year ago. (lollll)

I still don't think I understand how I "shocked" you.
Fight the Good Fight