Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
**An Agario petition**
Thumbs Up 
I think every Agar player should sign this. I am not the creator of this petition just spreading the word U should too!
https://www.change.org/p/miniclip-sa-sto...m=copylink

Many thanks  Smile Smile Smile
Stay Laggy Wink
[Image: VuMvQ5G.gif]
 { YT https://goo.gl/eZlg4c  }
(03-06-2017, 09:13 PM)Lagmaster 2.0 Wrote: I think every Agar player should sign this. I am not the creator of this petition just spreading the word U should too!
https://www.change.org/p/miniclip-sa-sto...m=copylink

Many thanks  Smile Smile Smile

I thought this could be a good idea.... so off I went to read....

For all of those of you who are too lazy to click on the link: (lol)

The Petition Wrote:Dear Miniclip,

This petition requests Miniclip SA and the CEO Robert Small to stop neglecting Agar.io game. Agar.io was released on 24 July 2015 by Miniclip and has rarely been updated or fixed. Agar.io was the most popular web browser game in the world. The game still has potential but it's in a critical state and clones are starting to surpass it. We understand that Miniclip is a business but it's also a gaming company. Miniclip should not focus solely on profits because it will kill Agar.io like it currently is.

As a result of Miniclip's carelessness, Agar.io has declined in player base and attracted a degenerate part of gamers are who destroying the gaming experience for others - for example: teamers in FFA, unfair extensions and bots. Due to the minor and greedy changes that Miniclip makes, we assume the management is not passionate or learned about Agar.io. Therefore, we suggest Miniclip to allow the community to decide how the game is changed. Changes should be based on the original core identity of the game. You can achieve this by actually communicating with your users instead of replying like a robot or ignoring us.

Here is some of what we, the Agar.io community, would like:
  •    Release more original Agar.io style skins (Microsoft Paint ones).
  •    Stop favoritism: stop supporting one political faction or country over another - release all country skins and stop censorship of original skins.
  •    Fix current problems: unfair extensions, teaming in FFA, random disconnects and lags.
  •    Native registration system: to sign up with an Agar.io account and not third party websites such as Facebook. Third party accounts should be transferred to the Agar.io account.
  •    Add new features such as: chat, clans, messenger and custom skins.
  •    Official Agar.io forums so we can directly communicate with the Agar.io team (developers included).

These were some of the many suggestions we have. Please communicate with us so we can guide and help you.

Many of us loyal and veteran Agar.io players take the game personally and are saddened when we witness the downfall and neglect. Agar.io isn't an average game like Call of Duty which is recycled annually. Agar.io is an original masterpiece. Take care of the community and we will take care of you. We will allow advertisements on Agar.io website if you listen to us and make Agar.io great again. Ignore us and you will continually be known as Moneyclip. A negative word of mouth and bad press isn't very good for a gaming business. We hope our words reach you and that we can help make Agar.io great again.

Thank you for reading.

Gamerly yours,

The Agar.io Community

My immediate thought was, "I can't sign this".

agar.io, the free game, costs someone (MiniClip, I imagine) a bunch of money to run. With it's advertising, it's "coins" and store and so on, if it's breaking even, that's great, because likely we'll get to keep on playing it.

But in the end, it's a free game, and how can so maany people who have likely, such as I have done, never paid a cent for the game, sit there and complain about what they are or aren't doing to it??

If the game were not a for-profit venture, there's basically NO WAY that it would exist!

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a bunch of the things on that 'list', but the people who assembled this obviously thought nothing of the costs it would add to MiniClip, or how those costs would be paid for.

Show of hands, how many would keep playing the public game, if it suddenly cost you a flat-rate $2/hr to play? (Which is terribly low....) I know I would be done.

And some of the items, for example "Fix current problems: unfair extensions, teaming in FFA, random disconnects and lags", I don't think they thought that through very well.

You can't "fix" an extension -- it is installed into your browser. If you're lucky, you might be able to detect that there IS an extension in play... but never what it actually does, since it's not on their servers but in your browser! The "Teaming" we've talked about at great length here....

There's no way to remove treaming from the game, unless you made it just one real player, and the rest were bots on your machine. (lol) But then it wouldn't be fun, and would instantly die.

The disconnects and some of the lag would again go back to other issues, such as people making bots, and the whole fight against that.

Then there's "Add new features such as: chat, clans, messenger and custom skins." So, on one hand you're ticked off that some people use extensions, but then you want everyone to have a bunch of the functionality those extensions offer? C'mon! And you want them to add not just a chat, but a "messenger" app, what, like Discord, perhaps? Why reinvent the wheel and incur all those extra costs?? "Custom skins"? You want them to fill their hard disks with skins, some potentially offensive?!

Sorry.... Someone had a nice agar.io dream here, but MiniClip would be CRAZY to bother with most of that.

Like it or not, money makes the world go 'round... Everything has to make financial sense, or it just isn't going to end well. (Which is why the current state of the USA worries me so much.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Lagmaster 2.0, Voakie