Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to Rep
Hi guys, 

I just wanted to make a thread explaining when you should give a negative rep to someone. This thread won't really be about positive reps because people give positive reps for a variety different of reasons, and I shouldn't be explaining to you when to positive rep someone.

I know this isn't a really positive topic....

...But unfortunately many people do not know how to use the rep system.

First of all let me explain the purpose of reps. A positive or negative rep gives other members of the community a general idea about a fellow member.

Negative reps are a way a member can 'warn' other members for inappropriate behavior, If a member has many negative reps on his profile this can show a moderator a lot about that member. Of course this is why you should not abuse this system.

Here are the reasons to give a negative rep:
  • A user is spamming in threads, shoutbox, etc. 
  • A user is being disrespectful to other members of the forums, by this guys understand some people like to 'joke' or 'banter', this is not what I'm talking about in this case.
  • A user is using a lot of profanity in threads, shoutbox, etc. (similar to being disrespectful)
  • A user is advertising without consent.
Here are the reasons not to negative rep:
  • A user has a different opinion than you and isn't being disrespectful.
  • A moderator is doing his job. You shouldn't negative rep him/her unless there is evident abuse of power.
  • A user gave you a negative rep for no logical reason, you should not rep him back saying, "Doesn't know how to use reps" or "Gave me a rep for no reason." If you do that well you practically did the same thing they did to you.
  • A user gave a negative rep to your friend.
  • A user keeps eating you on agf.
How to report a rep:
Sometimes you may feel you have inappropriately been given a negative rep, in that case you may report it.

You may have seen this button before: 
[Image: OPRcESB.png]
But unfortunately I have used this method in the past and it is not very effective (as of now), I don't know if @Sora gets the notification for this or the Super moderators, but I have to say it isn't the best option to report a rep.

The most effective way to report a reputation would be to send a PM directly to @Sora explaining why the rep should be removed (Breaks Forum Rules, Inappropriate Content, Spam Content, Wrong Forum, etc.)

Do not send @Sora PMs for reps you have rightfully deserved Tongue

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day!

If I missed anything from any of the above categories please let me know in the replies below, thanks!
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Breakfast , deleted_Agrendallan, FGFC820, Mr Yo, QueenHeather, Reaction , Robin , Voakie , ™ Chronic , ℱIRE
What about negative reps received from someone who is salty about something that happened in the AGF game?
(03-03-2017, 05:12 PM)Nuggz Wrote: What about negative reps received from someone who is salty about something that happened in the AGF game?

Done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
Negative reps on a moderators profile show how good they do their job
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Breakfast
Ass portal
[Image: YEET.png]
How to rep.

1.Click on their profile.
2. Click rep
3. Write whatever the heck you want
[-] The following 3 users Like Apix 's post:
  • Conquest, Jupiter, Relax
(03-03-2017, 09:22 PM)Relax Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 08:31 PM)Voakie Wrote: Negative reps on a moderators profile show how good they do their job

Hahahahaha

No
it was a joke btw
[-] The following 3 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Breakfast , Relax , Robin
(03-04-2017, 07:12 AM)Voakie Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 09:22 PM)Relax Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 08:31 PM)Voakie Wrote: Negative reps on a moderators profile show how good they do their job

Hahahahaha

No
it was a joke btw

To bad, I just wanted to give you a negative rep, to show everybody, that you are a good mod  Exclamation

(now @Relax and @Conquest think I made a mistake, after they read it first time, with reading this, they maybe get it, after they read it a second time  Exclamation I Heart you my fans @Relax and @Conquest, the twins  Exclamation )

Big Grin

Angel
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • Voakie
This was really good way to explain that how do the Rep System works. Nice Job on explaining that to all the members....
[Image: Robin.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robin 's post:
  • ✨101✨
(03-03-2017, 04:38 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: Hi guys, 

I just wanted to make a thread explaining when you should give a negative rep to someone. This thread won't really be about positive reps because people give positive reps for a variety different of reasons, and I shouldn't be explaining to you when to positive rep someone.

I know this isn't a really positive topic....

...But unfortunately many people do not know how to use the rep system.

First of all let me explain the purpose of reps. A positive or negative rep gives other members of the community a general idea about a fellow member.

Negative reps are a way a member can 'warn' other members for inappropriate behavior, If a member has many negative reps on his profile this can show a moderator a lot about that member. Of course this is why you should not abuse this system.

Here are the reasons to give a negative rep:
  • A user is spamming in threads,shoutbox,etc. 
  • A user is being disrespectful to other members of the forums, by this guys understand some people like to 'joke' or 'banter', this is not what I'm talking about in this case.
  • A user is using a lot of profanity in threads, shoutbox, etc. (similar to being disrespectful)
  • A user is advertising without consent.
Here are the reasons not to negative rep:
  • A user has a different opinion than you and isn't being disrespectful.
  • A moderator is doing his job. You shouldn't negative rep him/her unless there is evident abuse of power.
  • A user gave you a negative rep for no logical reason, you should not rep him back saying, "Doesn't know how to use reps" or "Gave me a rep for no reason." If you do that well you practically did the same thing they did to you.
  • A user gave a negative rep to your friend.
  • A user keeps eating you on agf.
How to report a rep:
Sometimes you may feel you have inappropriately been given a negative rep, in that case you may report it.

You may have seen this button before: 
[Image: OPRcESB.png]
But unfortunately I have used this method in the past and it is not very effective (as of now), I don't know if @Sora gets the notification for this or the Super moderators, but I have to say it isn't the best option to report a rep.

The most effective way to report a reputation would be to send a PM directly to @Sora explaining why the rep should be removed (Breaks Forum Rules, Inappropriate Content, Spam Content, Wrong Forum, etc.)

Do not send @Sora PMs for reps you have rightfully deserved Tongue

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day!

If I missed anything from any of the above categories please let me know in the replies below, thanks!

i have a cat wanna c it?
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262
[Image: FoyTTPN.png]

So are these valid? SkyDoge wrote his because of the temp-ban I gave him (I assume at least) and Zentrix is Slothy and Slothy doesn't like me because i apparently backstabbed him. (By making a server for him but closing it shortly after because he was commanding me around rather than showing appreciation). I'm sure this looks like I'm whining but negative reps really don't look good, especially when they aren't deserved...

So what do you guys think?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Conquest
(03-06-2017, 01:30 PM)Voakie Wrote: [Image: FoyTTPN.png]

So are these valid? SkyDoge wrote his because of the temp-ban I gave him (I assume at least) and Zentrix is Slothy and Slothy doesn't like me because i apparently backstabbed him. (By making a server for him but closing it shortly after because he was commanding me around rather than showing appreciation). I'm sure this looks like I'm whining but negative reps really don't look good, especially when they aren't deserved...

Skydoge negative repped me with 4 different accounts and also had his "friend" @Edibles negative rep me, I had to send @Sora a PM to have them removed.
They said things like: "don't mess with sky" or "sky is better than you" lol, basically negative rep spam.

@Voakie you aren't the only special one Heart

and I got them because he was mad about something that happened on AGF LMAO
(03-06-2017, 07:01 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:

Skydoge negative repped me with 4 different accounts and also had his "friend" @Edibles negative rep me, I had to send @Sora a PM to have them removed.
They said things like: "don't mess with sky" or "sky is better than you" lol, basically negative rep spam.

@SkyDoge has removed his negative rep since. Thank you for rethinking it Big Grin
(03-06-2017, 07:15 PM)Voakie Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 07:01 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:

@SkyDoge has removed his negative rep since. Thank you for rethinking it Big Grin

your alright, can be annoying at times but thats just humans like me lol
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262
[-] The following 3 users Like SkyDoge's post:
  • Conquest, Voakie , ✨101✨
Great to hear!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mahdia90's post:
  • ✨101✨