Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should the 'rep' system be removed?
(06-08-2017, 12:31 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 12:19 AM)plsdonteatme Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 03:17 AM)Apix Wrote: Woah! I saw @plsdonteatme's post and I'm like, "Did dat boy actually write a decent reply?" I read it and saw he copied and pasted his response 3 times, like naw, my hopes dropped now. Tongue

@plsdonteatme luv ya no hate ked

I don't remember writing that

I'd never say "a pinch of salt"

gay

I don't remember writing that

I'd never say "a pinch of salt" 

gay

gay
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
#downwiththerep
I'm new and when I found the rep system, I like it. Although it is not a true measurement of one's character, at least you see that this person is active and base on the messages given you can tell what kind of relationship they have with the person giving the rating.
Also receiving one feels really good that this person appreciated you and they thought of you enough to give you a thoughtful rating and message.
For me the reps value is base on the person receiving it anyway, how important is it having so much numbers with no meaning. Like having a lot of friends in your friends list in facebook but not real friends or if they feel it's just a voting contest and they have so much reps that were solicited, so what? It's their profile, it doesn't really bother me. It shouldn't bother other people too to see others have more than them. (but that's just my opinion) The reps systems appeal to me will not change just cause other people see it differently.
As for the neg reps, we can't please everyone. But I know how demoralizing or triggering it could be to receive neg reps but keep in mind that the person giving it is entitled to their own opinion too. You can do the same to them if you want to. We shouldn't suppress the reps system because some people don't want to see neg reps when those are possibly a room of improvement on how you interact with people.
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
[-] The following 5 users Like Sugar's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , QueenHeather, Robin , Squirrel , ✨101✨
(06-08-2017, 09:33 PM)Sugar Wrote: I'm new and when I found the rep system, I like it. Although it is not a true measurement of one's character, at least you see that this person is active and base on the messages given you can tell what kind of relationship they have with the person giving the rating.
Also receiving one feels really good that this person appreciated you and they thought of you enough to give you a thoughtful rating and message.
For me the reps value is base on the person receiving it anyway, how important is it having so much numbers with no meaning. Like having a lot of friends in your friends list in facebook but not real friends or if they feel it's just a voting contest and they have so much reps that were solicited, so what? It's their profile, it doesn't really bother me. It shouldn't bother other people too to see others have more than them. (but that's just my opinion) The reps systems appeal to me will not change just cause other people see it differently.
As for the neg reps, we can't please everyone. But I know how demoralizing or triggering it could be to receive neg reps but keep in mind that the person giving it is entitled to their own opinion too. You can do the same to them if you want to. We shouldn't suppress the reps system because some people don't want to see neg reps when those are possibly a room of improvement on how you interact with people.

The important thing with negative reps, is that you say it in a tasteful way, I think. I won't mind someone's opinion of me, if it's less-than-stellar. At worst, it will confirm for me whether someone "probably dislikes" me... and at best, it might get me to change something about myself, to make me into a better rodent.

Another thing that would feel good -- when the guy who gave you a negative reputation, one day changes his or her mind, and gives you a positive one!

That's just like @Sora doing you.... you score a +2!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Robin
Lol @Sugar went on big writing... Although she is right but I don't have any opinion on rep system. It seems alright to me. It is good to have it because it brings people together and make the commucommunity even more active. I remember the first time I got rep by someone, I was so happy and I think we should just keep the rep system. It seems pretty reasonable to me...
[Image: Robin.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robin 's post:
  • Squirrel
(06-09-2017, 05:49 PM)Robin Wrote: Lol @Sugar went on big writing... Although she is right but I don't have any opinion on rep system. It seems alright to me. It is good to have it because it brings people together and make the commucommunity even more active. I remember the first time I got rep by someone, I was so happy and I think we should just keep the rep system. It seems pretty reasonable to me...

LOL, I had time and coffee when I wrote that.
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sugar's post:
  • Robin
I prefer not to elaborate for reasons, but let's just say I'm against the rep system
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-09-2017, 07:33 PM)iAcid Wrote: I prefer not to elaborate for reasons, but let's just say I'm against the rep system

One thing that's important, I think... is for someone to be able to look at themselves through someone else's point of view. But that is hard, and when a person has decided that they just don't like you... they are liable to say things that are untrue, or represent how their mind sees you, but has no basis in reality.

And if that happens to you, and you are sensitive, that can be very hard.

I don't know why you're against it, and you don't want to say, so I'm just considering the realm of possibilities... it has nothing to do with you in particular.

So I think that something else that is hard, is for those of us who are sensitive, is to be able to consider what someone says, and then confidently decide, "Hmm, maybe they have a point" or "No, that's not me."

And the other thing I thought of, is that there's no reason that you have to look at what people have said about you, if you don't want to hear it.

But I can't even fathom someone saying anything bad at all about you... You're always positive, you never stir the pot... I just can't imagine anyone having anything negative to say about you anyhow.

But then there's people who don't take compliments well, also. I can relate a bit to that. Being human means we can always be better... but it is nice to get some positive opinions of you, and compliments... I think it's a good thing to remember that just because a person doesn't seem to be overjoyed to have received one, might just be a facet of their modesty or self-opinion, and doesn't at all mean that they didn't appreciate it.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!