Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should the 'rep' system be removed?
thank you very much

@ℱIRE
I voted 'No' because I think the rep-system gives a good general idea of the user. For example, people with a higher reputation will most likely have been quite active and overall quite nice. And of course, a negative rep isn't nice, but should the person who sees a neg rep in someones reputation really be influenced that badly? Unless the neg rep has a valid cause, I'd rather take it with a pinch of salt, for it could be that the person who gave it is being a jerkI voted 'No' because I think the rep-system gives a good general idea of the user. For example, people with a higher reputation will most likely have been quite active and overall quite nice. And of course, a negative rep isn't nice, but should the person who sees a neg rep in someones reputation really be influenced that badly? Unless the neg rep has a valid cause, I'd rather take it with a pinch of salt, for it could be that the person who gave it is being a jerkI voted 'No' because I think the rep-system gives a good general idea of the user. For example, people with a higher reputation will most likely have been quite active and overall quite nice. And of course, a negative rep isn't nice, but should the person who sees a neg rep in someones reputation really be influenced that badly? Unless the neg rep has a valid cause, I'd rather take it with a pinch of salt, for it could be that the person who gave it is being a jerkI voted 'No' because I think the rep-system gives a good general idea of the user. For example, people with a higher reputation will most likely have been quite active and overall quite nice. And of course, a negative rep isn't nice, but should the person who sees a neg rep in someones reputation really be influenced that badly? Unless the neg rep has a valid cause, I'd rather take it with a pinch of salt, for it could be that the person who gave it is being a jerkI voted 'No' because I think the rep-system gives a good general idea of the user. For example, people with a higher reputation will most likely have been quite active and overall quite nice. And of course, a negative rep isn't nice, but should the person who sees a neg rep in someones reputation really be influenced that badly? Unless the neg rep has a valid cause, I'd rather take it with a pinch of salt, for it could be that the person who gave it is being a jerk
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like plsdonteatme's post:
  • Conquest, Relax , ℱIRE , ✨101✨
Woah! I saw @plsdonteatme's post and I'm like, "Did dat boy actually write a decent reply?" I read it and saw he copied and pasted his response 3 times, like naw, my hopes dropped now. Tongue

@plsdonteatme luv ya no hate ked
[-] The following 3 users Like Apix 's post:
  • Conquest, Sugar, ✨101✨
(03-03-2017, 05:03 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: Well we all know what the rep's do when they are used properly . But on it's best day the good rep's don't compare to the amount of emotional damage a bad rep does. My vote is to close it down to stop the emotional roller coaster ride .

i used to look at the reps to find out what a specific person was like . Sio if i went there and saw a page of red i would leave so it's not fair for peeps to have unfair bad reps.  

I say down with the reps page

I understand what you're saying here, but I think in retrospect, you just need to modify your thinking a bit.... because you've seen for yourself that reps can be abused. This is why I was saying that.... for me, I can give my opinion of others, but mostly, if I ask myself if I'm on an okay track -- that people appreciate me, then it's good.

I wouldn't allow random people's "reputation" comments to affect how I feel about someone.... however, the people who's opinions I respect (such as yours), those would be more influencing to me. And likewise, the people who's opinions I find questionable, obviously those I'm not going to allow that to colour me one way or the other.

(03-03-2017, 06:00 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: The true rep can't be measured. You make your rep with your posts and what you write.
I am generally against measuring poeple basing on all kind of statistics.

But I really don't mind it the way it is now. If some poeple like it and enjoy, let it stay.

Well said!!

Exactly. Who someone is to you, is going to be a collection of what they say, the vibes you get from them, whether you think they are just trying to share whatever they happen to know (or think they know), or whether they are feeding you bull, talking about something they have no business talking about.

Ten honest people can have 10 different opinions on a person; if they all post what they feel is an honest reputation, then generally it will be as Fire said, you can read about a person and get a small sense of who they might be.

But in the end, it is the person themselves that will affect you one way or the other, by what they say, how they are with you, and so on. (And when you see that person being shady to someone who you feel doesn't deserve it, that will colour them red in a way that it would be hard for them to undo it. This is life, and why we should always think, before we do.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(03-04-2017, 06:15 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 05:03 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: Well we all know what the rep's do when they are used properly . But on it's best day the good rep's don't compare to the amount of emotional damage a bad rep does. My vote is to close it down to stop the emotional roller coaster ride .

i used to look at the reps to find out what a specific person was like . Sio if i went there and saw a page of red i would leave so it's not fair for peeps to have unfair bad reps.  

I say down with the reps page

I understand what you're saying here, but I think in retrospect, you just need to modify your thinking a bit.... because you've seen for yourself that reps can be abused. This is why I was saying that.... for me, I can give my opinion of others, but mostly, if I ask myself if I'm on an okay track -- that people appreciate me, then it's good.

I wouldn't allow random people's "reputation" comments to affect how I feel about someone.... however, the people who's opinions I respect (such as yours), those would be more influencing to me. And likewise, the people who's opinions I find questionable, obviously those I'm not going to allow that to colour me one way or the other.

(03-03-2017, 06:00 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: The true rep can't be measured. You make your rep with your posts and what you write.
I am generally against measuring poeple basing on all kind of statistics.

But I really don't mind it the way it is now. If some poeple like it and enjoy, let it stay.

Well said!!

Exactly. Who someone is to you, is going to be a collection of what they say, the vibes you get from them, whether you think they are just trying to share whatever they happen to know (or think they know), or whether they are feeding you bull, talking about something they have no business talking about.

Ten honest people can have 10 different opinions on a person; if they all post what they feel is an honest reputation, then generally it will be as Fire said, you can read about a person and get a small sense of who they might be.

But in the end, it is the person themselves that will affect you one way or the other, by what they say, how they are with you, and so on. (And when you see that person being shady to someone who you feel doesn't deserve it, that will colour them red in a way that it would be hard for them to undo it. This is life, and why we should always think, before we do.)

Personally I used the rep's quite a bit, for exactly the reasons you already stated. If I have to quickly find out about some ones track record when I don't know them, I always went to the Rep's and looked. If peeps that I knew had given good reps I based my decisions on that.  It was a useful tool for me. But I'm willing to give that up to stop suffering for others. That's my real opinion on the matter.  It bothers me that nothing is people proof. If we shut down everything that  gets abused we wouldn't even have a forum. The reps are a goal for some an achievement and they feel good about them selves when they get acknowledged for their efforts. 

It's such a great tool or such a bad one. Maybe we could remove the text space and put multiple choice selections.

You rep some one and check the  appropriate check box. Like active in forum ..fun...nice person...likes to spam... obnoxious on the forum???? then peeps couldnt at least write down hurtful things. Just an idea
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Squirrel
(03-04-2017, 02:49 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: Personally I used the rep's quite a bit, for exactly the reasons you already stated. If I have to quickly find out about some ones track record when I don't know them, I always went to the Rep's and looked. If peeps that I knew had given good reps I based my decisions on that.  It was a useful tool for me. But I'm willing to give that up to stop suffering for others. That's my real opinion on the matter.  It bothers me that nothing is people proof. If we shut down everything that  gets abused we wouldn't even have a forum. The reps are a goal for some an achievement and they feel good about them selves when they get acknowledged for their efforts. 

It's such a great tool or such a bad one. Maybe we could remove the text space and put multiple choice selections.

You rep some one and check the  appropriate check box. Like active in forum ..fun...nice person...likes to spam... obnoxious on the forum???? then peeps couldnt at least write down hurtful things. Just an idea

The Forums exist for one thing only -- people to use. So, of course, everything depends on the quality of people that you have. And while you do want diversity, you don't want constant conflict, because that will end up making half the people leave, whether they are involved, or have an opinion on a case, or not.

So generally, those who run a system try to keep conflict to a minimum... which is a good thing.

Generally, most of the people you come across are pretty decent folks, so usually it works out. But i've known of a few places that had to go through some trouble to lock certain people out of their systems for good. Most of those were from a time long ago, when it was far easier. There were no IP addresses for visitors, and a system operator would generally have a phone # on file for every user. So if the user didn't leave a proper phone number, they never got verified, and wouldn't be able to do anything other than tie up a phone line for the 30 sec/minute limit it gives you to log in.

And sure, some people left ph #'s of friends instead, to get around the problem of having their # recognized... but people quickly ran out of those friends.

Now, with the Internet, it's a far greater challenge. Especially for a fully-free system where you need confiorm nothing more than an e-mail address, which might not be more than 10 mins old when it signs up.

So sure, in the end, everything depends on the quality of users that you have. All we can do, is make sure that we ourselves are a worthy contributor. And if we all did that, there wouldn't be any problems.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(03-04-2017, 03:39 AM)Relax Wrote: ... it's likely you need thicker skin any way.

Maybe you should listen more to your own words, because ...
(maybe this """loud minority""" is correct)

[Image: YTOPdgK.jpg]

Can you please explain me, HOW I can "keep" attacking people, when I do NOT attack people ???

Huh
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
Every one makes some good points . No matter which way you go some one has to do with out.

Many more people use the rep system properly than people who use it improperly.

we have 3 groups:  Sensitive people     : misusers    :    majority responsible users 

There is only one best solution. Keep the Rep system. Like Relax stated already...there are methods in place to deal with abuse. And for sensitive peeps...I feel you's but you need to find away to handle your sensitivity. Believe me.
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Relax
In case anyone hasn't seen my thread explaining How to Correctly Use the Rep System, check it out here .

Thanks Smile
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
I think the rep system is useless, all people just forget about it and never rep anyone. Only rarely.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Reaction 's post:
  • Conquest
(03-04-2017, 10:50 PM)REACTION Wrote: I think the rep system is useless, all people just forget about it and never rep anyone. Only rarely.

facepalm

Lol.
(03-04-2017, 10:51 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 10:50 PM)REACTION Wrote: I think the rep system is useless, all people just forget about it and never rep anyone. Only rarely.

faceplam

Lol.

Like I had some people go"what? I never repped you?"
Oh and you spelled facepalm wrong

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Reaction 's post:
  • ✨101✨
(03-04-2017, 11:31 PM)REACTION Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 10:51 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:

faceplam

Lol.

Like I had some people go"what? I never repped you?"
Oh and you spelled facepalm wrong
How embarrassing...Blush 

DOUBLE FACEPALM
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the rep system. Like Big Suckings said, they don't really mean anything so I think they're pretty harmless and just for fun. There is the case when people abuse them but I think there are ways of fixing that without getting rid of the system. I wouldn't really know though. That's my two cents on the topic.

--- Agar.io split runner and his coach ---

[Image: c4d9df0.gif]

[-] The following 2 users Like Mr Yo's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel
(03-04-2017, 03:17 AM)Apix Wrote: Woah! I saw @plsdonteatme's post and I'm like, "Did dat boy actually write a decent reply?" I read it and saw he copied and pasted his response 3 times, like naw, my hopes dropped now. Tongue

I don't remember writing that

I'd never say "a pinch of salt"

gay
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes plsdonteatme's post:
  • Conquest
(06-08-2017, 12:19 AM)plsdonteatme Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 03:17 AM)Apix Wrote: Woah! I saw @plsdonteatme's post and I'm like, "Did dat boy actually write a decent reply?" I read it and saw he copied and pasted his response 3 times, like naw, my hopes dropped now. Tongue

gay

gay