Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should the 'rep' system be removed?
In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?

There's been a lot of discussion on this recently and I'd like to see what you guys think. This is an anonymous poll.
[-] The following 3 users Like cuntnugg3t 's post:
  • Conquest, JUMBO_BLOB, ™ Chronic
Heart 
A rep doesn't mean a thing, in my opinion, i think it's even a nice way to say to someone: "i like you Tongue Wink Heart Heart ".
I do think reps shouldn't be used to fight against one another
Greatz
[Image: Agrendallansig.png]
Greets you

If you need any help, JUST ASK Wink

Sick signature by @EqAtOmBe

[-] The following 8 users Like deleted_Agrendallan's post:
  • Conquest, cuntnugg3t , Faded, Sugar, Supergirl , Voakie , ℱIRE , ✨101✨
Its come to a point where people upfront ask others to give them a positive rep (as seen in 101), and others start throwing reputation around to get some for themselves. (Im also still triggered because i have negative reps for enforcing forum rules)
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Conquest, cuntnugg3t , deleted_Agrendallan, Relax , Squirrel , Sugar
Nothing wrong with reps imho.
Wee Willy Winky runs through the town.
Upstairs downstairs, in his nightgown.
Rapping at the windows, crying through the lock.
Are all the children in their beds? For now it's eight o'clock.
[-] The following 4 users Like savant's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Mr Yo, Relax , ✨101✨
(03-03-2017, 02:15 PM)Nuggz Wrote: In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?

There's been a lot of discussion on this recently and I'd like to see what you guys think. This is an anonymous poll.

I believe that the 'reputation' system continues to have some merit -- it allows anyone to make a statement about other people, and give their honest opinion of people.

I can agree that it shouldn't be used to fight others, however, some "negative opinions" are inevitable.

I also agree that there should never be "deals" made revolving around reputations (ie: I'll give you a +1 if you give me a +1).

In the end, I believe that the collective value applied to you, really should only matter to you, and be some sort of a 'sign' whether people think you're a worthy contributor, or something else. If the number starts dropping, probably it's time for some self-reflection.

But it only works as long as people use it as it's intended -- to give honest opinions. So in the end, the collective usefulness of it, is up to us as individuals. Clearly, misuse is possible, but in the end, if you misuse it, that is left for the world to see, and again, I think it will only come back to haunt you in the end.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , JUMBO_BLOB
(03-03-2017, 02:37 PM)Voakie Wrote: Its come to a point where people upfront ask others to give them a positive rep (as seen in 101), and others start throwing reputation around to get some for themselves. (Im also still triggered because i have negative reps for enforcing forum rules)

I don't ask for reps bud.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
(03-03-2017, 02:24 PM)[Big]SuckingsYT Wrote:
A rep doesn't mean a thing, in my opinion, i think it's even a nice way to say to someone: "i like you Tongue Wink Heart Heart ".
I do think reps shouldn't be used to fight against one another
Greatz

I am absolulty with you about this  Exclamation  

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
[-] The following 2 users Like Supergirl 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , deleted_Agrendallan
(03-03-2017, 03:49 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 02:37 PM)Voakie Wrote: Its come to a point where people upfront ask others to give them a positive rep (as seen in 101), and others start throwing reputation around to get some for themselves. (Im also still triggered because i have negative reps for enforcing forum rules)

Sorry, what my fellow meant here was "begs"

Sorry if you misunderstood Exclamation
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

[-] The following 3 users Like Conquest's post:
  • Relax , Voakie , ✨101✨
(03-03-2017, 04:44 PM)Conquest Wrote:

haha I hate when people say rep4rep or sth, I'm like the last person to ask for rep lol

I had the most rep on the forum before I even became a mod xd
Well we all know what the rep's do when they are used properly . But on it's best day the good rep's don't compare to the amount of emotional damage a bad rep does. My vote is to close it down to stop the emotional roller coaster ride .

i used to look at the reps to find out what a specific person was like . Sio if i went there and saw a page of red i would leave so it's not fair for peeps to have unfair bad reps.  

I say down with the reps page

[Image: thumb-down-smiley.png]
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
I voted 'No' because I think the rep-system gives a good general idea of the user. For example, people with a higher reputation will most likely have been quite active and overall quite nice. And of course, a negative rep isn't nice, but should the person who sees a neg rep in someones reputation really be influenced that badly? Unless the neg rep has a valid cause, I'd rather take it with a pinch of salt, for it could be that the person who gave it is being a jerk
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 4 users Like ℱIRE 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Sora, Sugar, ✨101✨
(03-03-2017, 04:54 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:

haha I hate when people say rep4rep or sth, I'm like the last person to ask for rep lol

we know your little secret  Shy
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Conquest, run SPOT run , ✨101✨
(03-03-2017, 05:40 PM)Voakie Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 04:54 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:

we know your little secret  Shy

hey psst i want 101 reps can you give me 11 reps really quickly? @Voakie

Kappa
The true rep can't be measured. You make your rep with your posts and what you write.
I am generally against measuring poeple basing on all kind of statistics.

But I really don't mind it the way it is now. If some poeple like it and enjoy, let it stay.
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 3 users Like Lucyfer's post:
  • Squirrel , Voakie , ✨101✨

my reaction to the poll
[-] The following 1 user Likes Faded's post:
  • ✨101✨