Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
PHENS FORUMS.IO LVL SKINS(COMPLETE)
hey its Phen
i just made the agarioforums.io lvl skins
if you want to see my post explaining them here it is
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=11907
[Image: p1TaQuw.jpg][Image: 88YizvR.jpg][Image: 8bLh9BY.png][Image: UpgD052.jpg][Image: Zuzn82i.jpg][Image: dMONNoV.jpg][Image: F6fajSq.jpg]
questions?comments?ideas? reply and ill awnser
[Image: ceBcrcj.png]
It's good to actually see the skins! Sorry about any drama you got caught up in over this, but seeing as there already was drama over the same thing between sky and 101 it was bound to happen. I think the quality is as good as the others and it's still a good idea overall. A word of advice though...any skin depicting or glorifying drug use will not be accepted by Sora (so all of your added joints don't help your cause). Sora sees this place as a safe zone for all ages and backgrounds and doesn't promote anything non-P.G. In my experience Sora doesn't care if you chose to post images like that, but will not add them to the official server...just a little f.y.i.

As for me, I'd be interested to know what tools your using to make skins, and I'd be happy to offer any advice I can give on the subject. I sincerely hope you keep up the good work and don't loose interest in this peculiar art form.

I understand what 101 was saying about the overall quality....but.... (I spend more time on 1 skin than you guys do on 10)
I basically told 101 and craw that their skins weren't all that great either, and tbh I'm surprised no further work has been done to improve them exe:
[Image: t15GVFS.jpg] vs [Image: p1TaQuw.jpg]
kind of a bummer that pride gets in the way of a simple collaboration if you ask me.

oh yeah, p.s. guess what..... @༺вz༻Angel beat you all to the punch and got all her lvl skins implemented haha
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Conquest, Relax , Supergirl , ✨101✨
(03-02-2017, 05:01 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: It's good to actually see the skins! Sorry about any drama you got caught up in over this, but seeing as there already was drama over the same thing between sky and 101 it was bound to happen. I think the quality is as good as the others and it's still a good idea overall. A word of advice though...any skin depicting or glorifying drug use will not be accepted by Sora (so all of your added joints don't help your cause). Sora sees this place as a safe zone for all ages and backgrounds and doesn't promote anything non-P.G. In my experience Sora doesn't care if you chose to post images like that, but will not add them to the official server...just a little f.y.i.

As for me, I'd be interested to know what tools your using to make skins, and I'd be happy to offer any advice I can give on the subject. I sincerely hope you keep up the good work and don't loose interest in this peculiar art form.

I understand what 101 was saying about the overall quality....but.... (I spend more time on 1 skin than you guys do on 10)
I basically told 101 and craw that their skins weren't all that great either, and tbh I'm surprised no further work has been done to improve them exe:
kind of a bummer that pride gets in the way of a simple collaboration if you ask me.

Hi spot, yes I partially agree with you regarding the "no further work has been done to improve the skins"
I did recently get a PM from @Sora basically saying some of the skins should be updated/improved/possibly replaced, although Sora didn't mention which ones.

Also there isn't really any drama between me and sky, I mean I made skins, he didn't.....not seeing the issue here..

Anyways I sent you a PM.

p.s. I don't appreciate you saying "I spend more time on 1 skin than you guys do on 10" Tongue
cuz you don't know how hard I worked on some of this skins, unlike some people I don't simply upload raw images to the forums in the shape of a circle calling them 'skins' lol

thanks for reading Heart
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
sorry that was rude of me.
(03-02-2017, 05:22 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 05:01 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: It's good to actually see the skins! Sorry about any drama you got caught up in over this, but seeing as there already was drama over the same thing between sky and 101 it was bound to happen. I think the quality is as good as the others and it's still a good idea overall. A word of advice though...any skin depicting or glorifying drug use will not be accepted by Sora (so all of your added joints don't help your cause). Sora sees this place as a safe zone for all ages and backgrounds and doesn't promote anything non-P.G. In my experience Sora doesn't care if you chose to post images like that, but will not add them to the official server...just a little f.y.i.

Hi spot, yes I partially agree with you regarding the "no further work has been done to improve the skins"
I did recently get a PM from @Sora basically saying some of the skins should be updated/improved/possibly replaced, although Sora didn't mention which ones.

Also there isn't really any drama between me and sky, I mean I made skins, he didn't.....not seeing the issue here..

Anyways I sent you a PM.

p.s. I don't appreciate you saying "I spend more time on 1 skin than you guys do on 10" Tongue
cuz you don't know how hard I worked on some of this skins, unlike some people I don't simply upload raw images to the forums in the shape of a circle calling them 'skins' lol

thanks for reading Heart
awe thanks for talking about me but not saying me name @"✨101✨" thats very considerate of you

@"✨101✨"

@"101✨"

@"101✨"

@✨101✨

oh yeah, p.s. guess what..... @༺вz༻Angel beat you all to the punch and got all her lvl skins implemented haha
thanks for telling me @run SPOT run the blunts ar just to keep it dank ill try to fix it if i can
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phenomenal's post:
  • Conquest

I agree with @run SPOT run   Exclamation

It's nice from you guys to put a lot of work into it and I also saw a lot of very nice skins from you as a result  Exclamation

But I also saw a lot of not so good skins.

I think AGF deserves highest quality (whatever that means, I try to explain later) skins ... I want to mention as one example the skin @Supergirl , which one @run SPOT run made for me  Exclamation

The agar.io level skins idea is really good, I mean about who eat whom (spiders eat flys and so on), MAYBE we can find a similar idea too, with a line behind the skins (it dont have to be about eating, it can, but not must)  Exclamation

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • Voakie
(03-02-2017, 05:22 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: p.s. I don't appreciate you saying "I spend more time on 1 skin than you guys do on 10" Tongue

thanks for reading Heart

Legit no reason to insult anyone over them trying to contribute.
Even if they did take longer/they aren't as good. (I'm not saying either are better, I like both with few exceptions)

This is exactly the "Pride" Spot was talking about.

I suggest as a mod of AGF and a respected member you should honestly apologise.

as this isn't the place for drama, I suggest any further talk be arranged in Pm.
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

[-] The following 2 users Like Conquest's post:
  • Relax , ✨101✨
(03-02-2017, 03:44 PM)Conquest Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 05:22 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: p.s. I don't appreciate you saying "I spend more time on 1 skin than you guys do on 10" Tongue

thanks for reading Heart

Even if they did take longer/they aren't as good. (I'm not saying either are better, I like both with few exceptions)

as this isn't the place for drama, I suggest any further talk be arranged in Pm.
@Conquest It doesn't have much to do with pride, it was just that I was upset in the moment since in a way he had copied the original made by me.

In retrospect however I do realize it wasn't nice to belittle you @Phenomenal, sorry for insulting you, I realize your intentions were good in the first place.

For a while I have been thinking that the level skins need to be updated.

That being said I have already talked with @run SPOT run about collaborating with him on the level skins, I was thinking some skins can be improved/replaced. Also since my buddy @Craw  has been inactive for a while, Spot can help me with this task. I have notified @Sora whether it would be a good idea to make a thread recruiting a team of artists from the forums so we can update the AGF Level skins, this way this process can overall be more inclusive and people will not feel left out.

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea, if so I'll make a thread in the upcoming future.

As of now I'm waiting for approval from @Sora regarding this project.

If it is approved I will make a thread with instructions on how to apply for the team.

@Phenomenal since you have shown so much interest and have already volunteered yourself to this project by making skins, I will definitely save you a spot if this becomes official.

Heart No hard feelings, ✨101✨
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Conquest, Supergirl , ™ Chronic
(03-02-2017, 07:02 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 03:44 PM)Conquest Wrote:

thanks for reading Heart

@Conquest It doesn't have much to do with pride, it was just that I was upset in the moment since in a way he had copied the original made by me.

In retrospect however I do realize it wasn't nice to belittle you @Phenomenal, sorry for insulting you, I realize your intentions were good in the first place.

For a while I have been thinking that the level skins need to be updated.

That being said I have already talked with @run SPOT run about collaborating with him on the level skins, I was thinking some skins can be improved/replaced. Also since my buddy @Craw  has been inactive for a while, Spot can help me with this task. I have notified @Sora whether it would be a good idea to make a thread recruiting a team of artists from the forums so we can update the AGF Level skins, this way this process can overall be more inclusive and people will not feel left out.

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea, if so I'll make a thread in the upcoming future.

As of now I'm waiting for approval from @Sora regarding this project.

If it is approved I will make a thread with instructions on how to apply for the team.

@Phenomenal since you have shown so much interest and have already volunteered yourself to this project by making skins, I will definitely save you a spot if this becomes official.

Heart No hard feelings, ✨101✨
101 thank you for apolagizing, it means a lot, and also yes i would like to help you and Spot   make the agf level skins.
Big Grin Heart  apolagy accepted
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phenomenal's post:
  • ✨101✨
Dont we already have level skins? I think they look quite nice... And like @Supergirl said, it would be good to have skins with the same art style (e.g. drawn, metro, material), not just images. Even if you guys put much quality into them, they really just seem like images with a circular shape Wink
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Sora
@Voakie I mentioned this privately, and yes I agree. Thanx to @༺вz༻Angel for the ones we have, although as there is no login system yet they are just a series of numbered skins.

I think we should (like @Phenomenal posted) have a list that we can work off of, and present the early results publicly so the entire community can have a voice before final drafts. We could then have skins that we (democratically) agree on and as a community can be proud of.

If anyone is interested in creating a set of skins let folks here know, or just make a set of 3-5 skins that compliment each other and post them with the tag #levelskins

this could be a fun community exercise.
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Sora, Voakie

this is all a joke, don't take it seriously
Hi Phenomenal,

I must say you've put a lot of effort into this. A lot of your skins are very cool.
I have an idea, and a proposal.

For now, as things are not completely finished regarding the game and official skins, we will let this thread stay open for discussion. When the beta of the game is released, we can discuss further regarding these skins. We can also have a poll at a later phase regarding these skins. Much like run SPOT run says. 
An idea I have for you, is that you may sell these skins for personal use as skins in the game. Meaning that, players may choose from your skins, and buy the rights to use a chosen skin from your (shop?) list of skins, in exchange for game coins, or other tradeable valueables which are yet to come.

Let me know your thoughts about this. I appreciate your efforts for the skins. You've made a great impression already, and you're a relatively new member! Thank you.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , FGFC820, Matureguy
@Sora if your angle is to make money, I honestly believe hosting a tournament zone is where it's at... it would require renting out multiple private servers though
selling skins and memberships is last years thinking

@spot -> I mentioned in a post previously, I never accepted donations or any sort of payments for the forums, despite having a lot of requests for incentives, custom name, colors, and similar. One of the reasons why agma offers the possibility to upgrade (with 20% of the payment being donated to Save the Children charity) and buying coins, is to be able to offer this place for the members. I've hosted the game and forum for over a year, without asking for any donations, or accepting payments. Hosting costs, ddos protection, updates, developments, everything has been expensive. And i've been glad to offer it all, and spend my earnings to build a place where people can enjoy. I envision evolve into something with more meaning in time.
The current project is something which is being worked on to be stable, organized, and have a deeper meaning than just being a game.
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Polearm, ™ Chronic
So you wont use My skins.. thanks
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]