Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{Forum Game} Can we keep counting up in Squared numbers?
(01-27-2017, 06:46 PM)Doigt Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 09:33 AM)Squirrel Wrote: 80 mins to do a measly 31622776 calculations???!?!

Hmm. I don't rightly know how good or bad that is anymore.

I guess that's to be expected when you use cr@ppy computers at home, and some of the more powerful ones at work?

I'm disappointed squirrel, I thought you would know better. Assuming the calculations go this way:

Code:
long long int myvar[3];
myvar[0] = 1000000000000000; // 1 quadrillion
myvar[1] = 1;
myvar[2] = 3;

while ( myvar[1] <= myvar[0] ) // will compare the values of the myvar array ~ 31,622,776 times
{
cout << myvar[1] << ", "; // will print the value of myvar[1] ~ 31,622,776 times

// ~ 63,245,552 calculations here
myvar[1] += myvar[2];                                    
myvar[2] += 2;
}
That makes a total of ~ 126,491,104 actions, not counting the recording I mentioned and what I did to kill time. (You really think I waited around while it was counting? I was playing a video game.) Note: The way the program is made, 2 additional calculations are done, but aren't printed because the condition for the while loop is no longer true. Therefore, the program would actually count not to 999,999,961,946,176, but to 1,000,000,025,191,729 (since that number is higher than myvar[0], it's never printed).

This is also a valid equivalent, but it's slightly longer to write:
Code:
myvar[2] = 1;

myvar[2]++;                                    
myvar[1] = myvar[2] * myvar[2];

But yes, you are right, the computer was overall very slow to print the final number, but mathematically and logically, you were wrong. :-P

On topic: 676

It's disrespectful to hijack a thread is all I'm saying   Big Grin
Bullies have personal issues.
(01-28-2017, 04:56 AM)TM Soloist Wrote: It's disrespectful to hijack a thread is all I'm saying Big Grin
I have kept my posts in respect with the thread's subject matter, which is counting in squared numbers, TM Soloist. If you refer to the number game, then I will ask you to bring your glasses before replying - I've kept counting while rambling - as such, there never was any hijacking. However, your concerns are noted and I will create a thread if I feel the need to discuss further about the subject of squared numbers, but then again, I feel satisfied.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Conquest

Smile

(28²)
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
Can I go on counting here ?
Because it is not written in this game rules, that it is not allowed  Exclamation

Seems I miss the "Battle of the sexes game"  Exclamation

Apropos ... some boys had a problem with, that I said "boys can't count" ...

See "Battle of the sexes game" results (first post, last update),

Girls: 15
Boys:  4

In the "Winners:" list, 15 pink names (wins for the girls), 5 (!) blue names (wins for the boys  Exclamation

"Edit Reason: The boys won 4 games!"

Thats pretty funny  Exclamation

Big Grin

Tongue

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(02-08-2017, 11:32 AM)Supergirl Wrote: Can I go on counting here ?
Because it is not written in this game rules, that it is not allowed  Exclamation

Seems I miss the "Battle of the sexes game"  Exclamation

In the "Winners:" list, 15 pink names (wins for the girls), 5 (!) blue names (wins for the boys  Exclamation

Thats pretty funny  Exclamation

Big Grin

Tongue

"Boys can't count" - goes from 4 to 5....

#AdvertisingAtItsBest

Also I believe you quoted somebody saying to me "I don't know what you are trying to say, but it doesn't belong in this thread"

Now THATS ironic Exclamation

Big Grin Big Grin Wink
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

[-] The following 1 user Likes Conquest's post:
  • Robin
Someone didn't get it  Exclamation

Big Grin

... and because he didn't get it, he made a joke about ... HOW we can call this ?

Rolleyes

Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • Robin
(02-08-2017, 02:24 PM)Supergirl Wrote: Someone didn't get it  Exclamation

Big Grin

... and because he didn't get it, he made a joke about ... HOW we can call this ?

Rolleyes

Big Grin

When someone is so easy to predict you knew they would say "it was a joke and you didn't get it" when actually they were just covering their mistakes and trying to make me the fool..

Never forget the smiley faces Exclamation

Wink Big GrinBig Grin

i think i think too much

[-] The following 1 user Likes Conquest's post:
  • Robin
But back on track 29x 29 is 841.

No calculator yet!
(02-08-2017, 03:32 PM)Conquest Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 02:24 PM)Supergirl Wrote: Someone didn't get it !

When someone is so easy to predict you knew they would say "it was a joke and you didn't get it" when actually they were just covering their mistakes and trying to make me the fool..

Never forget the smiley faces !

ROFL

You still didn't get it ???

That's now pretty funny ... because you STILL didn't get it ...

I explain it now ONLY for you (I am pretty sure you are the only one who still didn't get it, because you are now to full of hate to see it,  Heart you, lil hater) ...

Quote:Supergirl

Because it is not written in this game rules, that it is not allowed !
^^ Thats pretty much TOPIC  Exclamation
(and not off-topic, as you tried to say)

In the "Winners:" list, 15 pink names (wins for the girls), 5 (!) blue names (wins for the boys !

Thats pretty funny !

Big Grin 

Tongue
^^ If you would be able to read correct OR you would be able to let your hate to me beside, you would be MAYBE able to think better, and then you would get it (maybe)  Exclamation

In the first post of "Battle of the sexes game" Reaction updated (SEE Edit Reason) and wrote during his last update ...

- "The boys won 4 games!" ... for the Edit Reason
- "Boys: 4" ... in the Score
- "Fire" as 20th winner overall and as 5th winner (for the boys) in the Winners list (blue colour, for a win for the boys)

I hope I could HELP you  Exclamation

Big Grin

Next time ask your friends (like @Relax or @Robin , who like your posts even if you are WRONG) BEFORE, if you will try again to blame me  Exclamation

And yes, that let you now really look like a FOOL  Exclamation

Big Grin

30² = 900
(back to topic)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • Robin
(02-09-2017, 07:39 AM)Supergirl Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 03:32 PM)Conquest Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 02:24 PM)Supergirl Wrote: Someone didn't get it !

Never forget the smiley faces !

ROFL

You still didn't get it ???

That's now pretty funny ... because you STILL didn't get it ...

I explain it now ONLY for you (I am pretty sure you are the only one who still didn't get it, because you are now to full of hate to see it,  Heart you, lil hater) ...

Because it is not written in this game rules, that it is not allowed !
^^ Thats pretty much TOPIC !
(and not off-topic, as you tried to say)

In the "Winners:" list, 15 pink names (wins for the girls), 5 (!) blue names (wins for the boys !

Thats pretty funny !

Big Grin 

Tongue
^^ If you would be able to read correct OR you would be able to let your hate to me beside, you would be MAYBE able to think better, and then you would get it (maybe)  Exclamation

In the first post of "Battle of the sexes game" Reaction updated (SEE Edit Reason) and wrote during his last update ...

- "The boys won 4 games!" ... for the Edit Reason
- "Boys: 4" ... in the Score
- "Fire" as 20th winner overall and as 5th winner (for the boys) in the Winners list (blue colour, for a win for the boys)

I hope I could HELP you  Exclamation

Big Grin

Next time ask your friends (like @Relax or @Robin , who like your posts even if you are WRONG) BEFORE, if you will try again to blame me  Exclamation

And yes, that let you now really look like a FOOL  Exclamation

Big Grin

30² = 900
(back to topic)

Wait... So I didn't get the joke.. In the boys won 4 games and the "girls" won 15?..

When that wasn't even a joke?

Or having anything to do with anything?

Yeah, Ima fool Tongue

#JustLikeHillary
#CoverUp
#ObviouslyNotADramaQueen

i think i think too much

Quote:I don't like his post because I agree, I like them because he's funny (a lot if the time). Way to drag me into this. And Robin is an amazing guy, he's like male Karla (for lack of a better analogy). I'm sure he'll be your friend too!

WAIT YOU GUYS ARE STILL ARGUING ABOUT BATTLE OF THE SEXES LMAO

That's kinda like being a Romney supporter in 2016. But if y'all are bored, y'all are bored.

Wait... You don't agree?

Triggered

i think i think too much

31^2=961
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
32² = 1024

He still didn't get it, even after my explanation, a hopeless case  Exclamation

Big Grin

Ok, So I guess it's my turn AGAIN! well emm due to my inactivity, I don't even know what the last number was,
~scrolls up to see the last post~

-1 result has been found-

*32² = 1024*

~VUALA, next is 33 I believe!~ Unless I'm dumb at counting
(sigh)
33² = 1089
~shrug~
Build a bridge and get over it!