Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story of stolen phone.
One guy from the Nederlands has got his phone stolen. So he decided to allow his another phone to be stolen and see what would happen. The bait was successfull.

Here is the story of a stolen phone:

To be honest, now I wonder if he would have some troubles because of illegal eavesdropping...
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 2 users Like Lucyfer's post:
  • LKD70 , Voakie
wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
I stole a toy phone.
Just goes to show, how far technology can go... And that criminals have no idea, what they can get themselves into.
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

Imagime what intelligence agencies can do if things like this are possible to ordinary people.
It's time to start wearing this...
[Image: ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg]
Big Grin
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • Squirrel
(12-16-2016, 01:13 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: One guy from the Nederlands has got his phone stolen. So he decided to allow his another phone to be stolen and see what would happen. The bait was successfull.

Here is the story of a stolen phone:
~snips the video, but if you didn't watch it, watch it! It's only 20 mins or so!~

To be honest, now I wonder if he would have some troubles because of illegal eavesdropping...

It's true... I had a story like this, and I'm pretty sure I posted it here somewhere.. but who can find such things.

One of the most interesting calls I took when I worked for an Internet Provider, had someone telling me that he had a friend who used the company I was with, and he and his friend would talk using ICQ. (It was one of the very first "chat" programs.) But that some time ago, his friends computer had been stolen... but just then, he'd seen his friend "come on-line".

So I told him to try to talk to his friend.... to send a message.

Well, ICQ being one of the first chat programs, was the most insecure. Although it would claim that you could "Hide" your IP Address, messages were sent directly between users. So whatever IP Address the message was sent to, was the IP of whoever had the computer then.

It's a simple command ("netstat -all") to show all outbound connections from your machine.  So we had only to find out which one was for ICQ, and then everything was easy after that.

I looked up the IP to see which company owned it, and it was a cable company -- which was good news. Likely, the IP was either static, or rarely changed.

I told the person to call his friend, have him call the police, then give them the IP Address, the name of the company who owned it and their Support #.

And sure enough, a few days later, his friend had his computer back. The police had busted a mother/son theft ring near Ottawa (Canada). A whole bunch of people got stuff back, and two people later went to jail.

Talk to any detective, and they will agree that it's a good thing criminals are often stupid and ignorant, because it makes their jobs so much easier. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Lucyfer