Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey
I'm Pelle. I really enjoy black metal, just for the record. I also think agar.io is really fun. I'm not really sure what else there is to say about me. I'm not very keen on giving personal details, but I am female. Hello.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pelle's post:
  • Reaction
(12-05-2016, 06:56 AM)Pelle Wrote: I'm Pelle. I really enjoy black metal, just for the record. I also think agar.io is really fun. I'm not really sure what else there is to say about me. I'm not very keen on giving personal details, but I am female. Hello.

Hail, and well-met, fellow gamer (who is not a fellow). :|

It is wise to not give details, especially if you are younger. (But when a gal, any time. These places are usually sausage-fests, and you know how us-guys are.)

I have no clue what black-metal is, but now I'm curious.

Is that like... ~braces self to be punched~ ...when Mettalica goes soft and starts making ballads??!?!

Hope that you have a bunch of fun with us! If I'm really lucky, you'll be on in crazy hours and enjoy good conversation. I am... mostly a nocturnal animal. (Beware the stripes, lol.) And strangely enough, an "early bird" who works nights.

I'm looking forward to any of the opinions and so forth that you might have to share with us. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Hey Pelle and welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay Big Grin.

PS. @Squirrel , I think black metal is a type of music, I'm not sure...
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

(12-05-2016, 11:31 AM)CantREKTMe Wrote: PS. @Squirrel , I think black metal is a type of music, I'm not sure...

lol... Wasn't it clear that I thought that too, from my reply?

Well... I couldn't just post a one-liner.

People would think that I was sick or something... So this time, I went & did what I wanted to with my first reply:

~coughs~

From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia Wrote:Black metal is an extreme subgenre and subculture of heavy metal music. Common traits include fast tempos, a shrieking vocal style, heavily distorted guitars played with tremolo picking, raw (lo-fi) recording, unconventional song structures, and an emphasis on atmosphere. Artists often appear in corpse paint and adopt pseudonyms.

During the 1980s, several thrash and death metal bands formed a prototype for black metal. This so-called first wave included bands such as Venom, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, Hellhammer and Celtic Frost. A second wave arose in the early 1990s, spearheaded by Norwegian bands such as Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor and Gorgoroth. The early Norwegian black metal scene developed the style of their forebears into a distinct genre. Norwegian-inspired black metal scenes emerged throughout Europe and North America, although some other scenes developed their own styles independently. Some prominent Swedish bands spawned during this second wave, such as Marduk, Nifelheim and Dark Funeral.

Initially a synonym for "Satanic metal,"[12] black metal is often met with hostility from mainstream culture, due to the actions and ideologies associated with it. Many artists express extreme anti-Christian and misanthropic views, advocating various forms of Satanism or ethnic paganism. In the 1990s, members of the scene were responsible for a spate of church burnings and murders. There is also a small neo-Nazi movement within black metal, although it has been shunned by many prominent artists. Generally, black metal strives to remain underground, inaccessible to the mainstream and those who are not committed.

Everyone comes to their choice of music for a reason, and going right back to the first 'genre' I listened to (country), I've always said "Never disrespect another person's music."

Now, I didn't have a good reason for listening to country, and it didn't last long. Back then, there was no Sports Radio station in Toronto, just a part-time one that had Leaf games, and later, Blue Jay games, and... because I was too lazy to constantly twist a manual dial... the rest of the time I listened to what they played -- country.

From there I went to Rock. (Now, I guess it's known as "Classic Rock", just another sign of my age, I think, lol!) But I had a number of friends who were into heavy metal. Although back then, there was some debate involved over which bands qualified. Or at least between us, there was. I thought that 'Queen' and 'Triumph' (see my Sig) were examples of heavy rock bands. Not quite metal, but getting there. And then there was my friend who loved Anthrax and Storm Troopers of Death. (lol)

It's all good!

I'm happy I read this Wikipedia article, as it turns out. Many years later, I made up my mind about the whole question of origins evolution/creation/God, and decided what I believed in (Christianity), and why (too long for this post, but anyone is welcome to ask) I actually believe that 'acceptance' is how any Christian should react to any genre of music. (Although, granted, some of them pose greater challenges than others. For me, both opera and current-day rap tend to drive me bonkers, and I'll need to plan an escape before 30 mins has passed. So if you ever wanna get rid of me, now you should have a plan! lol)

What I have found, personally, is that too often people who like the (for the sake of generalization only) "angrier" genre's have... a pretty good, and usuaully very unfortunate reason for liking that.

For someone who needs to be mad at life/the world/whatever where they are, right now, I respect that. And I might be unhappy/sad about it... I might even -- okay, okay, I probably will hope that one day it will be different. But there's lots of reasons for choosing any genre, so... more so, in the end, it represents a small window into their being.

Here, Pelle says that she prefers not to get personal, but I suggest that coming out on the cuff and stating plainly that she likes black metal is... a pretty personal move. I say, we just take what she gives us.

I enjoy trying to understand people, no matter what sort of people they are. The more people each of us understand, I think we just become better (although a poor generalization), more well-rounded people for it.

If we're lucky, maybe @Pelle will tell us why she got into black metal! Or maybe, that that is too personal... who knows?? But we are each individuals, and I think we cannot help but share personal things about us. Whether others realize and understand it, or not.

PS: In review, this message has shared a number of things that, probably, most people would not be so willing to up and share. So what. I used to care who knew what about me, but not so anymore. Smile People have shared too much with me (different from 'TMI', lol), I may as well share now, or get straight to the croaking. I'm ready, when life's journey is over for me. But if I can help people in some small way before I do, that's what I'd like.
Fight the Good Fight
Hi there, Pelle.
Have fun here and in the game.
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
It's not a personal thing haha. I just happen to enjoy the music and I identify with the culture. My parents were both huge metalheads and so I got into it from an early age

Am not a youngin, I'm in my 20s lol
Hi Pelle!!

You may have seen me in game I usually go by ✨101✨, Supremus, sometimes secret names, or anything with sparkles around it (check my signature.)

If you see me in game feel free to say hello, and if you have any questions or concerns PM me!

Thanks for reading Big Grin
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
I like mystery
(12-05-2016, 04:32 PM)Pelle Wrote: It's not a personal thing haha. I just happen to enjoy the music and I identify with the culture. My parents were both huge metalheads and so I got into it from an early age

Am not a youngin, I'm in my 20s lol

Well, I'm glad to hear it! Listening to what your folks listened to is common. Although, if my kids do that, I feel sorry for 'em. Do they go with their mom's alternative? Or daddy's "trance"?! (LOL) The choice seems impossible... and the probability of liking both seems remote. Big Grin

If you let me analyse you, I can become quite annoying, so tell me if I need to shut it.

I'm very glad to hear my fear was ill-placed. Of all possible reasons for liking black metal, yours has to be one of the best-possible that I can think of!

I only like one song in the serious 'metal' category... I just think it's hilarious. I'll share it with you, sometime soon. I'm pretty sure that it started off as a prank. :| (Your giving up your age, roughly, let's me do it, lol.)

I wasn't assuming you were young, but.. I figure the average age here is south of 20, so, I was "playing the percentages". ~grin~

Thanks again for saying hello, and I'm looking forward to your letting a few more details about you slide, over your stay here!

You should like playing AGF -- it is violent, and very chaotic. ~grrrrin~

And I'll bet you like a bunch of the people too!

'Til we meet again, keep on havin' fun!
Fight the Good Fight
Welcome to the forums ! Big Grin
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
(12-05-2016, 08:08 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Welcome to the forums ! Big Grin

sick burn duude
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pelle's post:
  • ℱIRE
Nice pic @Pelle . Mayhem is pretty good stuff (they have a great drummer...love a good blast-beat). I came at the genre from the punk scene (pretty solid here in Minneapolis). My fav metal bands atm still have to be Black Breath, High on Fire, Speedwolf and 6 Feet Under...but I still end up at basement shows all the time and keep hearing great new stuff.
Anyway, welcome to the forums!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Welcome to the forums Pelle! It's very nice to meet you. Thx for joining! We wish you the best! Have a great time on this lovely community! If you need any help, I'm always open! Just write me a message if you need anything( click on my name, and then on my profile, you will find the Send a Private Message button. Also you can write a message to any staff member, they are in my signature, a little below this message.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

(12-05-2016, 06:56 AM)Pelle Wrote: I'm Pelle. I really enjoy black metal, just for the record. I also think agar.io is really fun. I'm not really sure what else there is to say about me. I'm not very keen on giving personal details, but I am female. Hello.

We are W E L C O M E every female member very Heartly  Exclamation

Smile
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your time here. Smile