I AM THE FREAKING LOOMINATIS ARCH RIVAL I WILL SHATTER YOU TO PIECES

dont piss me off n00b i am awesomeness i will blind you if you mess with this

(06-02-2016, 02:54 AM)s1104874 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 02:53 AM)xxHappyfrownxx Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 02:51 AM)s1104874 Wrote: nothing its too late Confused

Whats the post i cant see it :/

he said what can I do and I said nothing its too late Big Grin

Oh ok lel
@✨101✨ has redone the entire list of breads in the game and truly, there is something to be impressed about. I'll be using those in the new project. I can't wait for your reactions guys, those food items he made look very close to reality.

My Brother Says (when questioned about the validity of a claim) Wrote:...the odds of such an event happening are within the realm of possibilities of this universe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • ✨101✨
this is very good project i want clickings on my mouse is very addicting because i pressing it every day once twice and maybe trice. With clickings game i will clickings firth fifth and maybe sixth and i will maybe winnings good bread and goat milk ? plz make goat milk in shoppings i will buy it always.
test test test!
The Return of the Vain One
[Image: screencap15.png]

I originally didn't plan to update this non-game at all, it was supposed to be a learning experience which would let place to something greater (and also more time consuming, yes). The last update, v. 11, was back in April last year and since then, I've worked on other projects. Initially, I had some guilt over not completing nor releasing the parody of the ultimate time waster. But after a few weeks, those other projects just got more important.

But then, one day, sometime around December, one of the testers had expressed nostalgia and a wish for a proper finish. At the same time, another guy who had tried the non-game asked me to fix a thing or two, in fact, he fixed it himself and gave me the code to add! That's when my own feelings resurfaced and I said to my self: "ok, let's give this crap another chance"

I say crap and I am right, the state of that thing is terrible. I'm recoding everything, not from scratch, but almost! Ugh, when I look at my own code, which is only a year old, I want to vomit. On the plus side, while there isn't anything really new in v.12 , the size of the overall project is much smaller and the code is better organized, although there is still a lot to do.

I'll try to post more, but I'm not as available as I used to be (I blame school and other distractions). See you folks!

My Brother Says (when questioned about the validity of a claim) Wrote:...the odds of such an event happening are within the realm of possibilities of this universe.
[-] The following 4 users Like Doigt's post:
  • Mikasa , Sora, Squirrel , Voakie
(01-20-2017, 09:17 PM)Doigt Wrote:

I originally didn't plan to update this non-game at all, it was supposed to be a learning experience which would let place to something greater (and also more time consuming, yes). The last update, v. 11, was back in April last year and since then, I've worked on other projects. Initially, I had some guilt over not completing nor releasing the parody of the ultimate time waster. But after a few weeks, those other projects just got more important.

But then, one day, sometime around December, one of the testers had expressed nostalgia and a wish for a proper finish. At the same time, another guy who had tried the non-game asked me to fix a thing or two, in fact, he fixed it himself and gave me the code to add! That's when my own feelings resurfaced and I said to my self: "ok, let's give this crap another chance"

I say crap and I am right, the state of that thing is terrible. I'm recoding everything, not from scratch, but almost! Ugh, when I look at my own code, which is only a year old, I want to vomit. On the plus side, while there isn't anything really new in v.12 , the size of the overall project is much smaller and the code is better organized, although there is still a lot to do.

I'll try to post more, but I'm not as available as I used to be (I blame school and other distractions). See you folks!

I'm glad that, apparently, Sora bugged you to put in another appearance!

We have a few I.T. guys floating around in here, and it's nice to add a truer-breed one. (Well, in this case, "get him back", as it were.)

It's not uncommon for your coding style to change a lot, in those earlky days, where your brain just seems to soak up stuff, and save it for later use.

I can't remember how far along you are in schooling, but if you end up doing something like a B.Sc. with a major in CompSci, your code needs all "the elegance" it can get!

Depending on where you go, of course, but those guys are not used to "giving away marks", (either the profs, or their often evil-understudy T.A.'s) and if you like marks, and acquiesce to "towing the line", you'll probably find the need to change your "style" from course to course. (~snort~)
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
(01-20-2017, 09:17 PM)Doigt Wrote:

I'm very glad to see you Doigt!

Also happy to hear you're planning to bring some continuation to the project. What changes/updates do you plan to bring to it? (101 sounded very motivated)
If it were to store points server-sode (on the backend) it wouldn't be possible to cheat on client side by setting points to any value by changing JS code. 
You could use socket.io with node.js and javascript to transmit the points to server, and to client (& vice versa). In my opinion it would make the game more challenging. But at the same time, it's still fun as a simple JS clickergame!

Looking forwards to hearing from you!
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
@Squirrel , Sora didn't bug me, he's better than that. He simply asked once in a friendly email to "visit some times again!" and iirc correct, I didn't say at the time I would, but I implied I would at a much later time, once some things had been taken care of. And here I am, proving I did indeed not throw these words in the air just to satisfy his curiosity.

Elegance... yeah, my current style is still pretty far off. I have a thing against so called "elegance", it usually is more of a distraction and time wasting practice, as long the code is readable, it's fine. What I meant is that my previous style was hard to read and understand even for me.

@Sora I still have pretty much the same goals. There is a short list of planned stuff, however, it has not been updated for a long while, you may read the list there:
http://doigt.cu.cc/pointless%20clicker/m...lement.txt

For a public "beta" release to happen, these will have to be done:
-> Completion of the code re-organization (or, should I say optimization?).
-> Completion of the Alchemy Lab (transform grandpas into zombies, upgrade zombies, spread a virus, etc)
-> Grandpapocalypse, the grandpas rebel and you have to survive!
-> Fix the century-old bugs present in the game

During the beta phase, I will test various things:
-> Saving system using either cookies or server-side database
-> Try to implement some features which are probably gonna be suggested by players
-> Begin work on chapter 2, which is the "what happens next" where you'll use your army of zombies to do other things...
-> Harass artists to make assets for my game
-> Responsive design

The "gamma phase" is the last planned phase, everything which I had in mind for the project would be finished by then and new updates would only be bug fixes.

That has been more or less the plan for the non game since I've started working on it back when it all started. Things may change though, some planned features may never be done while new ideas pop up now and then.

As for cheat prevention... it's one of the first things you said when I first talked to you of my project and I think you have told me quite a lot of times to do something against cheating, I understand cheating in multiplayer games is wrong, but singleplayer games? At least, not while PC is in active development, I need those cheats to efficiently test the game without wasting too much time. Ironically, I've cheated more in Pointless Clicker than any other game I've played.

But again, I believe that if someone cheats his score, in the end, he's only cheating himself. If someone has to be against the cheater in a single player game, it's the cheater himself who has missed all the fun, because he's just a victim of his own impatience. That being said, cheating can be fun and I don't plan to restrict it. I may, however, do something like block achievements/special unlockable items or reset the save file after the cheated session ends, it'll depends...

EDIT: if this project ever gets to the beta phase, I'll probably make my own forum, assuming I will change from lazy to less lazy.

(01-27-2017, 03:38 AM)Doigt Wrote: Elegance... yeah, my current style is still pretty far off. I have a thing against so called "elegance", it usually is more of a distraction and time wasting practice, as long the code is readable, it's fine. What I meant is that my previous style was hard to read and understand even for me.

A good programmer, is a bit like a chameleon -- they shift, depending on the circumstances. They know how to assess their priorities, and code accordingly. It's very odd, when one day you can be working with some really old industrial hardware that only has a limited amount of memory (8K, lol), and you have to write a communications driver within that... (I used Forth; it was all about efficient use of memory.) and then the next day, you have some profound mathematical question which very likely doesn't have an answer, but your prof wants you to prove that... and then the main importance is speed.

Once you can do that, you've 'arrived', I think. And of course, the most "in demand" kind of programmer, these days (I think), is a person who appears to be more efficient, by reusing other people's existing public-domain code to solve bigger problems faster (ie: minimal development time).

(01-27-2017, 03:38 AM)Doigt Wrote: As for cheat prevention... it's one of the first things you said and I think you have told me quite a lot to do something against cheating, I understand cheating in multiplayer games is wrong, but singleplayer games? At least, not while PC is in active development, I need those cheats to efficiently test the game without wasting too much time. Ironically, I've cheated more in Pointless Clicker than any other game I've played.

But again, I believe that if someone cheats his score, in the end, he's only cheating himself. If someone has to be against the cheater in a single player game, it's the cheater himself who has missed all the fun, because he's just a victim of his own impatience. That being said, cheating can be fun and I don't plan to restrict it. I may, however, do something like block achievements/special unlockable items or reset the save file after the cheated session ends, it'll depends...

lol...

The average programmer is lazy, and includes sets of debugging code that, ~gasp!~ acts like 'cheats', so that you can get to... nontrivial sets of circumstances, and test to be sure your code handles it properly. Alas, in today's general programming environments, a decent programmer will be able to include a flag, or fremove it, which either includes or doesn't include the debugging code, through the compile phase.

If you just leave it in, someone's going to figure out how to cheat in your game, quite quickly. If you remove it, they may have a harder time. But there's so much that one can do. If it's a "save state" type game that continues, you can learn how that data is rigged, and edit save files for better "conditions". If the makers encrypt that data, you just have to disassemble it, find the encryption/unencryption routines and again, you're in business.

Then there's the delivery. If the game is played in a browser, you're completely at the mercy of bots.
If it's a downloadable application, then it's open to disassembly, modification, and having a "cheatable" version.

In the end, it's all just a crock. (lol) Program to have fun, and to fulfill a purpose! And don't let the overall outcomes bother you. :|
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt