Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pointless Clicker
(05-26-2016, 05:03 PM)V1tal Wrote: When will you give us the link?

(04-17-2016, 11:44 AM)Doigt Wrote: soon.

Seriously though, it'll be sometime this summer. If I don't publicly release the game by then, then all hope will be lost.

(05-26-2016, 05:19 PM)blood cr Wrote: If the game is pointless, doesn't it mean this thread is pointless? Cry Kappa
AH! I knew it, all my efforts were in vain!

My Brother Says (when questioned about the validity of a claim) Wrote:...the odds of such an event happening are within the realm of possibilities of this universe.
@Doigt all hope will be lost....
Tired of living.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i need to waste my time insome fashion other then make ing a RPG
(04-19-2016, 10:46 PM)Doigt Wrote: I had to face a lot of hardships, mainly dns side, but I finally managed to update the game, to the joy of the alpha testers.
The domain name provider kept reseting my account and I couldn't, for 2 days, do anything about it and no one could access the game except me and a lucky few. It was very frustrating, but now that it's over, I'm just glad that I can focus on the game again.

If you know that you are going to be making DNS changes, or if these happen for you more often than the usual 'infrequently', then you should think about shortening the 'TTL' (Time To Live') value.

Not all providers pay attention to it, when they cache the values... but many still do. So that way, DNS propagation doesn't need to affect you for more than 5 mins (value 600 is what I suggest as a minimum; or 3600 which is an hour).

(05-26-2016, 06:27 PM)Doigt Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 05:03 PM)V1tal Wrote: When will you give us the link?

(04-17-2016, 11:44 AM)Doigt Wrote: soon.

Seriously though, it'll be sometime this summer. If I don't publicly release the game by then, then all hope will be lost.

(05-26-2016, 05:19 PM)blood cr Wrote: If the game is pointless, doesn't it mean this thread is pointless? Cry Kappa
AH! I knew it, all my efforts were in vain!

And no, not in vain. Smile Anything where you are either learning a language, or getting some experience at tasks related to product development, I think are useful.

Aren't most of the games we play 'pointless clickers', in a way? I guess agar is the exception to that rule, since there's no clicking at all!

(03-06-2016, 05:04 PM)Doigt Wrote: By saying that JS isn't a programming language, I imply all the specifics of a scripting language in comparison to the traditional use of the term. In other words, I distinguish the difference between the perl, python, and javascript languages from the c++, java and assembly languages

I can see why one might think PERL as similar to a scripting language, in that every PERL command can be translated into multiple C++ instructions... But, I think it still meets the requirements for a full language. It even offers hooks for machine language/C++, when you need more efficiency.

I call PERL "C++ for Slackers" (aka: administrators). It trades efficiency for time spent coding.
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
A scripting language is a language which isn't compiled. It doesn't mean it's half a language or that it is any easier to learn.

My Brother Says (when questioned about the validity of a claim) Wrote:...the odds of such an event happening are within the realm of possibilities of this universe.
(05-28-2016, 02:44 PM)Doigt Wrote: A scripting language is a language which isn't compiled. It doesn't mean it's half a language or that it is any easier to learn.

Doigt you said something in the shoutbox yesterday about that i wanna be alpha tester?
Tired of living.
This game is dead, there is now another project in the works which uses some old elements of the game. The decision was taken after deciding if I wanted to take a more serious path or if I wanted to continue on an unambitious track and I have full approval of this change by the rest of the team (but I couldn't bring myself to tell you guys, sorry). More will be revealed in due time. Don't ask for a link: It is a privilege given only those who are invited by the team, sorry.

Also, I guess I didn't tell you that I had a team too (sorry). They helped me out a lot during the creation of Pointless Clicker, here is a list of the current and past members of the team.

Ex-Alpha Testers:
Chamz101 (Animerush.tv) : tested v. 1 to 6
TheAlmightyShenlong (Animerush.tv) : tested v.1 to 6
Pengufab (Animerush.tv) : tested v. 1 to 9
Slothy (Agarioforums.net) : tested v. 10 and 11

Current Alpha Testers:
DMF a.k.a. Chris P. Bacon (Dashnet.org)
Izuru (Animerush.tv)

Artist:
101 (Agarioforums.net)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • ✨101✨
(05-31-2016, 03:16 AM)Doigt Wrote: This game is dead, there is now another project in the works which uses some old elements of the game. The decision was taken after deciding if I wanted to take a more serious path or if I wanted to continue on an unambitious track and I have full approval of this change by the rest of the team (but I couldn't bring myself to tell you guys, sorry). More will be revealed in due time. Don't ask for a link: It is a privilege given only those who are invited by the team, sorry.

Also, I guess I didn't tell you that I had a team too (sorry). They helped me out a lot during the creation of Pointless Clicker, here is a list of the current and past members of the team.
~names snipped but not to remove their recognition~

Hey, don't apologize! What, are you a Canuck, like me??

You have a right to do what you want with your own brain. I'm sure we'll be watching closely for details on what this new project is!

And it's great to have a team -- working well with others is not a skill that many programmers have, and it's invaluable. So long as the new project is one the whole team wants to do, I'm sure that all is better now. Smile I'm very intrigued to hear how it transpires!
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
It's a habit. Sorry.

(05-31-2016, 03:16 AM)Doigt Wrote: This game is dead, there is now another project in the works which uses some old elements of the game. The decision was taken after deciding if I wanted to take a more serious path or if I wanted to continue on an unambitious track and I have full approval of this change by the rest of the team (but I couldn't bring myself to tell you guys, sorry). More will be revealed in due time. Don't ask for a link: It is a privilege given only those who are invited by the team, sorry.

Ex-Alpha Testers:
Chamz101 (Animerush.tv) : tested v. 1 to 6
TheAlmightyShenlong (Animerush.tv) : tested v.1 to 6
Pengufab (Animerush.tv) : tested v. 1 to 9
Slothy (Agarioforums.net) : tested v. 10 and 11

Current Alpha Testers:
DMF a.k.a. Chris P. Bacon (Dashnet.org)  
Izuru (Animerush.tv)

Artist:
101 (Agarioforums.net)
Is there space for some more alpha testers? e.g. me Tongue
Tired of living.