Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pointless Clicker
nah, for testing purposes, I maxed my clicking power by cheating, so I don't really need gold. It's just to see if everything works fine.

My Brother Says (when questioned about the validity of a claim) Wrote:...the odds of such an event happening are within the realm of possibilities of this universe.
I clicked "Like Post"...holy crap, does that make me a pointless clicker?!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
maybe you are Tongue

My Brother Says (when questioned about the validity of a claim) Wrote:...the odds of such an event happening are within the realm of possibilities of this universe.
Something which I had planned to add for a long time - a narrative, a story - because indeed the game has one to tell. Who are you, who are all these people in the games universe, what is the motivation of the pointless clicker behind his pointless clicks? Fragments of the game's plot are unlocked in the 'console' by unlocking things and places or angering the elders, while each 100 clicks makes place for a new diary entry which is in the home of the protagonist. Perhaps you think this is all pointless for a game in which people clicks only for the sake of accumulating even more clicks; I'll leave to you how you wish to enjoy the game.

[Image: wZOVJId.png]

What programming language / engine is that in? Looks like a nice game as well, kudos.
No engine at all nor any programming language as a matter of fact. It's pure js, html and css.

(03-05-2016, 04:36 PM)Doigt Wrote: No engine at all nor any programming language as a matter of fact. It's pure js, html and css.

Nice!
(03-05-2016, 04:36 PM)Doigt Wrote: No engine at all nor any programming language as a matter of fact. It's pure js, html and css.

JavaScript is a programming language.
-LKD70
It's a scripting language. It's very similar to a programming language, but I prefer to be precise in my usage of technical terms. By example I wouldn't say that a markup language is a programming language even though it is, broadly speaking, a sub type of programming language.

By saying that JS isn't a programming language, I imply all the specifics of a scripting language in comparison to the traditional use of the term. In other words, I distinguish the difference between the perl, python, and javascript languages from the c++, java and assembly languages

(03-06-2016, 05:04 PM)Doigt Wrote: It's a scripting language. It's very similar to a programming language, but I prefer to be precise in my usage of technical terms. By example I wouldn't say that a markup language is a programming language even though it is, broadly speaking, a sub type of programming language.

By saying that JS isn't a programming language, I imply all the specifics of a scripting language in comparison to the traditional use of the term. In other words, I distinguish the difference between the perl, python, and javascript languages from the c++, java and assembly languages

Thanks!