Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROAD TO 9000 MEMBERS
WE CURRENTLY HAVE 8,921. im looking for a code to post to get live users count on thread

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
Quality>Quantity

Hate to be a downer, but even though we have 8000+ members registered I would without hesitation assume less than 100 are active on this forum, we need to find a way to engage and maintain active members instead of simply accumulating ghost accounts.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Breakfast , Cen, Reaction , Squirrel , Supergirl , Voakie , ™ Chronic , ℱIRE
(11-30-2016, 09:46 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: Quality>Quantity

Hate to be a downer, but even though we have 8000+ members registered I would without hesitation assume less than 100 are active on this forum, we need to find a way to engage and maintain active members instead of simply accumulating ghost accounts.

Let's not forget about the bots and spammers. (I guess you already metioned this in your post, when you said "ghost accounts"...)

Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

[-] The following 1 user Likes CantREKTMe 's post:
  • Supergirl

I totally agree with  Exclamation

I think best methode for it (to advertise for good interested members) is :

to play agar.io with the name "agarioforums.net", I am sure that would work awesome, only problem is ... "agarioforums.net" is one  Sad letter to long  Exclamation

Huh

Wink

P.S.: would there be a way to change the www adress to agarioforum.net ? Or is that a no-go ?
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
I'll try and implement a new code for a live membership count. I know this decision hasn't even been taken into consideration and @Breakfast only just suggested it, but I'll just create one and see what @Sora and everybody else thinks...
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

(12-01-2016, 09:19 AM)CantREKTMe Wrote:

Let's not forget about the bots and spammers. (I guess you already metioned this in your post, when you said "ghost accounts"...)

By ghost accounts I was referring to people who make an account and never use it again, or people who make a few posts on the forum and then leave, but yeah bots and spammers are annoying too.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
Ohh, it's already time for another countdown again? Damn we're growing pretty fast.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikasa's post:
  • Cen

I still think the forum should pay more attention to or focus more on the players. Give the players a reason to come to the forum and look. Well that's what I think, in case you ask. Big Grin
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • ✨101✨
Unfortunatelly forums in the era of Facebook are just shadows of their former glory.
Agarioforums.net itself is nicely visible in Google ranks, so this is not the issue, someone who searches for Agario forums most likely comes here.

What would eventually help a bit is the script which allows all FB users (and Google, etc.) to write here without separate registration. Just like it works with the game.
Maybe MyBB v2 which is somewhere around the corner will allow it. And maybe it would help, maybe...
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • Squirrel
(12-02-2016, 07:24 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: Unfortunatelly forums in the era of Facebook are just shadows of their former glory.
Agarioforums.net itself is nicely visible in Google ranks, so this is not the issue, someone who searches for Agario forums most likely comes here.

What would eventually help a bit is the script which allows all FB users (and Google, etc.) to write here without separate registration. Just like it works with the game.
Maybe MyBB v2 which is somewhere around the corner will allow it. And maybe it would help, maybe...

I agree, since that's exactly how I discovered the Forums.

I'm not sure FB people could just post here, without an account. They still would need to come here to read replies/etc.

Facebook should noit be the focus of anyone's life -- it's good to spread out a little, and not limit your on-line experiences.

But perhaps we could have someone (if one of us has a strong presence there? I myself, would not.) create an 'AgarioForums.Net' channel there, that directs people here, and talks a bit about us?

I know that there was at least one person (she made a few visits here, and talked about it, at the time) trying to make an agar.io channel there... but since it's basically impossible to communicate in the public game, it's still hard to get people there or here -- really, they have to come looking for us.

I also like @Supergirl 's idea, where we can play the public game as "agarioforums.ne" or "agarioforumsnet". There will be a bunch of people who will know those and will correctly add the missing character. ~grin~

And, actually... @Sora, I'm wondering if we could delete the old Spammer/other accounts? After they've been banned for awhile (probably even a week is enough), they could be deleted. It would be nice for the stats to more accurately reflect how many are here. (O'm offering to help with that, if it's okay.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Lucyfer
We currently have 8,995 members registered.
WE HAVE 5 MEMBERS LEFT

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(12-04-2016, 09:20 AM)Breakfast Wrote: We currently have 8,995 members registered.
WE HAVE 5 MEMBERS LEFT

You're clinging to a number that, really, means nothing!

It's about the same as one of those dating sites that claims it has 795265 ladies waiting within 100 miles.... when, actually... 294000+ were created by the site itself, and are bogus users, using profiles they purchased the rights to.

Those bots are relentless. I bet they have created well more than 1000 accounts... So why not wait and see what @Sora wants to do, and maybe make the number more realistic, before we go arranging any hooplah, that really means nothing?!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Breakfast
Three more to go!
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

(12-04-2016, 02:42 PM)Relax Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 10:25 AM)Mikasa Wrote: Three more to go!
I've been waiting since 7000 or 8000 to use this...

"Vegeta, what does the forum say about it's member count"?
~snips the meme

Now that the # is over 9000....

does anyone feel any different?!

I'll be shocked if anyone says 'yes'.

Other than @Relax himself, the shock-poster. :|

(Have I mentioned how I think 'memes' are for people who have nothing to say, other than one line, to appear to have more content?)
Fight the Good Fight
(12-05-2016, 08:20 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 02:42 PM)Relax Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 10:25 AM)Mikasa Wrote: Three more to go!
I've been waiting since 7000 or 8000 to use this...

"Vegeta, what does the forum say about it's member count"?
[Image: it__s_over_9000_.png]

Now that the # is over 9000....

does anyone feel any different?!

I'll be shocked if anyone says 'yes'.

Other than @Relax himself, the shock-poster. :|

He was just waiting to deploy his meme...
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

[-] The following 1 user Likes CantREKTMe 's post:
  • Relax