Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post chill music recommendations
Looking for new or old chill music... I like anything. There's another thread like this but this ones different because you can dump as many songs/artists as you want, and I'll check them all out  Big Grin Cool

I'll dump some... 
Childish Gambino- Sweatpants, Hopsin- Fly, D.R.A.M ft Yachty- Brocccoli, Souls of Mischief- 93 til' Infinity, J. Cole, Tupac & Biggie- No Role Modelz Remix.
[-] The following 2 users Like cuntnugg3t 's post:
  • Squirrel , ™ Chronic
Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Position Music, The Witcher 2 OST, Anno 2070 OST
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ℱIRE 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
what kind of chill music do you like?

I really enjoy Porter Robinson & Synchronice, but i don't know if that is what you are looking for... here is a taste of their music:

this is so beautiful.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eden's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
(11-26-2016, 10:56 PM)lol d-_-b Wrote: what kind of chill music do you like?

I really enjoy Porter Robinson & Synchronice, but i don't know if that is what you are looking for... here is a taste of their music:

this is so beautiful.

I like whatever. I listen to a broad spectrum... I'll check this out
(11-26-2016, 02:08 AM)Cuntnugget Wrote: Looking for new or old chill music... I like anything. There's another thread like this but this ones different because you can dump as many songs/artists as you want, and I'll check them all out  Big Grin Cool  

I'll dump some... 
Childish Gambino- Sweatpants, Hopsin- Fly, D.R.A.M ft Yachty- Brocccoli, Souls of Mischief- 93 til' Infinity, J. Cole, Tupac & Biggie- No Role Modelz Remix.

I like to think of myself as open-minded, but this thread is giving me (and @run SPOT run s music thread before it) are making me see that might have limits....

I seem to get "stuck" on a single genre, and then roll around in that mostly for awhile.

And I have a feeling (since mainly, this music has the 'beat' to keep me awake successfully for my night shifts... and thats why I've been listenening to it predominantly) that I won't find too many "Trance" fans out there.

And me, I don't like bouncing all over the place... and really, if I try listening to a tune someone suggested... it speaks more to my opinion and caring for that person, than me wanting/looking for new things to listen to.

Is that odd? Or are a bunch of you like that?  Or are more of you more like Nugget, willing to listen to anything?

Because, so far, I haven't even heard of a single other band mentioned here... and I'm wondering if maybe, when suggesting a tune here, we might develop a useful way of mentioning the important aspects?
Such as with this format?
genre:{band/group name|"Mix"}-{song name|hyperlink}

I'm going to try to check out a few of these... but I'd like to know the genre that it's considered a part of, if possible... that will give me a better idea of the scope and landscape of 'music' today!

Remember, I am... exceedingly crusty (old) at the edges. :|

Since I love trance right now, I'm going to give two sample hyperlinks to a 2 & 3 hr mix that will generally take care of most of a nights needed music intake for me. There's enough energy in either of these to start a war, I think! Big Grin (Uhnn, not that I want to see a war!!)

Trance:Mix(Youtube: Djozey)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5D_XLXzvU
Trance:Mix(YouTube:chillsMixes)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xePLAwUXF2c
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
Black Sheep, Tribe called Quest, De la Soul, Cherrywine, THEM, J-Live, Buck65, Atmosphere, Awol one, Dose One, Asop Rock, Lyrics Born, Diggable Planets, Kool Kieth (aka Dr Doom, Dr Octagon etc...), Quasimoto, Blackaliscious, Grouch (or Grouch and Eligh aka G&E) also a founding member of the Living Legends, Traditional Methods, The Highlife Movement, Unspoken Heard, Hyrogliphics The People Under the Stairs, Doom Tree, Ill Bill, Necro.....those are just old hip hop groups based on your examples (I have crates of vinyl in that genre if you want more like that).

I listen to a ton of beat tapes, hip hop, 2 step house, hard house, acid, raw techno, and serious hardcore...but mostly I jam out to punk rock, speed metal, and believe it or not jazz.... If you want any suggestions in those genres feel free to ask....
As far as newer hip hop goes I'm pretty into Danny Brown, Run the Jewels and Killer Mike....sorry but I'm totally over trap music, since it's become the official music of EVERY gaming vid in the last year (it was fun when it was new a couple years back tho huh?). @"d-_-b" brought up Martin Garix on the forums somewhere, and I still drop Animals by him when I wanna shake the rust off the speakers....great pioneer in "new bass".
@Squirrel do you like Orb's "Live 93" album? one of my fav trance albums of all time.... check out http://ravearchive.com/mixtapes for some of your old faves live that you thought were lost!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Kipper
(11-27-2016, 08:17 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Squirrel do you like Orb's "Live 93" album? one of my fav trance albums of all time.... check out http://ravearchive.com/mixtapes for some of your old faves live that you thought were lost!

Surprisingly... I've only seriously been into trance for about the last 3 years. Thats about the time a couple employees here told management that their bodies couldn't hack continually switching from days to nights and back again (lol), and then was born guys who did only nights. My bod, being apparrently able to hack whatever's thrown at it (I can be both a morning AND a late guy, lol), I was put on the night crew... and around then, to combat sensitory deprivation due to minimal human contact, no noises other than listening for all the stupid alarms, and occasional drowsiness, I wanted some music that would ensure that I stayed awake.

Trance seemed like a good fit, although, in the past while, I've been keying on lyrics more (as I am musically want to do), and find... mannnn, there's a lot of sad people in trance. (lol) The tune sounds happy, and go-go-go... but then the lyrics make you think the guy/gal is ready to off themselves. :|

Anyways. :|

So I've really only been around for the more recent Trance... Although, uhn, uhn... trying to remember a band... Daft Punk! They were part of my prior cycle-genre which was... mostly pop. (Don't hate, lol...) I think they were the band that marked my willingness to come over. Also, a group probably no-one's heard of called 'Leftfield'. I have no idea what genre they were.

Music fascinates me. We so often use music to form, or help deal with our emotional selves, and the types of music that we listen to can speak a lot about that. Particularly for guys, where we are brought up in the frame of mind that 'showing emotion is non-manly' (which I disagree with), and thus likely there are a lot of guys who are... quite emotional, but those secrets are often obscured from the casual colleague via what music they listen to.

(Or so goes my internal "What makes people tick? 101" theory.)

I'm copying your link to a place where I put links I want to check out, "when I get a chance" (lie: when I make time for it... lol). It would be cool to see where trance has been. Smile I've stumbled to some YouTube stuff, and seen comments ragging the channel owner how the trance stuff there is "old and decrepid", lol...) I really am not familiar enough with the genre to know.

Once I have a few hours-long mixes I love... it's sometimes years before I budge again. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Sora
(11-27-2016, 08:56 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 08:17 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Squirrel do you like Orb's "Live 93" album? one of my fav trance albums of all time.... check out http://ravearchive.com/mixtapes for some of your old faves live that you thought were lost!

Surprisingly... I've only seriously been into trance for about the last 3 years. Thats about the time a couple employees here told management that their bodies couldn't hack continually switching from days to nights and back again (lol), and then was born guys who did only nights. My bod, being apparrently able to hack whatever's thrown at it (I can be both a morning AND a late guy, lol), I was put on the night crew... and around then, to combat sensitory deprivation due to minimal human contact, no noises other than listening for all the stupid alarms, and occasional drowsiness, I wanted some music that would ensure that I stayed awake.

Trance seemed like a good fit, although, in the past while, I've been keying on lyrics more (as I am musically want to do), and find... mannnn, there's a lot of sad people in trance. (lol) The tune sounds happy, and go-go-go... but then the lyrics make you think the guy/gal is ready to off themselves. :|
here's a couple songs off the album...

prob the most famous track off of Orb live 93

this was what was happening with ambient music at the time...another one of my fav tracks from 93

two orb albums in one lol...

[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Squirrel
It's more ambient than chill, but who knows.
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Photosynthesis

Another one from CBL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p4uAxXyaQ0
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 2 users Like Lucyfer's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , ™ Chronic
Still the best chill music. Who ever they were or weren't . If you want more like the video below  click here  https://youtu.be/BI5IA8assfk

Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
(11-27-2016, 11:14 AM)Lucyfer Wrote: It's more ambient than chill, but who knows.
(Smile in 93 was my first rave [Minneapolis]) yeah, That's why I said ambient earlier....
we used to call that chill room music back in the day....that's what I get for being old....I cant even be a hipster unless I wear tight pants....cough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(11-28-2016, 04:49 AM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 11:14 AM)Lucyfer Wrote: It's more ambient than chill, but who knows.
(Smile in 93 was my first rave [Minneapolis]) yeah, That's why I said ambient earlier....
we used to call that chill room music back in the day....that's what I get for being old....I cant even be a hipster unless I wear tight pants....cough.

You were around 27 years old then?  Things change eh.  lol
Bullies have personal issues.
Just a few songs I like:

Drake - Over (Ayobi Remix)
Kevin Gates - Wish I Had It
Future - Wicked (Purple Reign)
Future - Purple Reign
Speaker Knockerz - How Could You
Eminem - Sing For The Moment
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones
YG - Bool, Balm & Bollective
Speaker Knockerz - Lonely