Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Une québécoise démoniaque ;D
WELCOME @Démone  Exclamation

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
[-] The following 3 users Like Supergirl 's post:
  • Démone, EqAtOmBe , fisa
(03-12-2017, 12:46 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:37 AM)Démone Wrote: Hello everyone !

It's me Démone! The Quebec girl who is trying to speak english !  Angel I just discovered the forum, it was time !!! Nice forum !!! Heart Always a pleasure to play with some of you ! See you later on agario Tongue Yes i  need to embellish my profile, one day at a time !  Be patient ! Cool 

Welcome to the Forums, and I wish you the best of luck at learning English.

There's a few of you out there... I was thinking we could have daily English sentences and their translations... (lol)

Whatcha think??

Here's the first one I came up with. It was... potentially hairy, but I think I avoided the pitfalls. :|

English:  I must eat all the balls
French:  Je dois manger toutes les boules

When I put the French back into the translator, it translated 'dois' as 'have', and not must, so maybe Google flocked me up.

So I tried another pair trying to flock up Google:

English:  I must have killed it.
French:  Je dois l'avoir tué.

So then I translate the French back to English and got:
"I must have killed him."

At least it got the 'must' right, but now apparently, I'm a murderer!

I wonder who I got?!

Hope that it wasn't Sora!

Thanks !! It's true , i use sometimes google traduction and he was not always good lollll  It can be funny so !
For some help it's ok but be careful , he's not always right !

The question is : Whooooooooooooooooooo are you killeddddddd !??!!???!! ;p

(03-12-2017, 01:55 PM)Supergirl Wrote: WELCOME @Démone  Exclamation

Wink

Thanksss supergirl Wink
(03-08-2017, 12:37 AM)Démone Wrote: Hello everyone !

It's me Démone! The Quebec girl who is trying to speak english !  Angel I just discovered the forum, it was time !!! Nice forum !!! Heart Always a pleasure to play with some of you ! See you later on agario Tongue Yes i  need to embellish my profile, one day at a time !  Be patient ! Cool 

Salut sava je savais pas que d'autre québécois jouaient à agario haha et encore moins une fille tes lvl cb?

(03-08-2017, 03:50 PM)Voakie Wrote: I almost went on a rant to tell you that you are supposed to speak english, good thing its just the title Big Grin

Welcome to the forums!

Ok so it's an English forum only?
You've been - ༺✝️ⱣØØSSᗴ✝️༻ killed
[-] The following 1 user Likes XxmasterxX69's post:
  • Démone
(03-13-2017, 12:26 AM)XxmasterxX69 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 03:50 PM)Voakie Wrote: I almost went on a rant to tell you that you are supposed to speak english, good thing its just the title Big Grin

Welcome to the forums!

Yes Big Grin
[Image: Voakie.png]
Hey! Welcome to the forums, Démone!

Hope you enjoy it here! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Faded's post:
  • Démone
(03-13-2017, 01:34 PM)Relax Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 06:00 AM)Voakie Wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Yes Big Grin

Until someone busts out German.

Entschuldigen Sie, das verstehe ich jetzt nicht  Exclamation

Huh

Big Grin

Tongue
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
[-] The following 3 users Like Supergirl 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Démone, Voakie
(03-13-2017, 06:00 AM)Voakie Wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Yes Big Grin
Ok
You've been - ༺✝️ⱣØØSSᗴ✝️༻ killed
(03-13-2017, 12:26 AM)XxmasterxX69 Wrote: Ok so it's an English forum only?

~whispers to XxMaster~
Psst!
Yeah, it's an "English only" Forum, so that everyone can understand what's said, because most here do know English....

But the Staff are nice, like having some diversity, and don't get mean at the occasional tidbit in a different language...

If you always try to post whatever language you want to, and what you think the English translation is, I think that you'll never meet opposition to it.

Big Grin

~brazenly shouts~
Ich brauche eine Flugzeug! (my go-to German line thats intended to help me get outta Germany... not that I'd mind staying, lol... it should mean "I need an airplane!")

~glances @Voakie 's way to see if anything happens~
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Démone, Voakie
(03-14-2017, 05:49 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 12:26 AM)XxmasterxX69 Wrote: Ok so it's an English forum only?

~whispers to XxMaster~
Psst!
Yeah, it's an "English only" Forum, so that everyone can understand what's said, because most here do know English....

But the Staff are nice, like having some diversity, and don't get mean at the occasional tidbit in a different language...

If you always try to post whatever language you want to, and what you think the English translation is, I think that you'll never meet opposition to it.

Big Grin

~brazenly shouts~
Ich brauche eine Flugzeug! (my go-to German line thats intended to help me get outta Germany... not that I'd mind staying, lol... it should mean "I need an airplane!")

~glances @Voakie 's way to see if anything happens~

Almost perfect, but replace the eine with ein Big Grin
[Image: Voakie.png]
(03-14-2017, 06:25 AM)Voakie Wrote: Almost perfect, but replace the eine with ein Big Grin

lol... figures, I mess up the gender. That's one thing about German that is a little messed up -- the stuff that is considered "masculine" or "feminine" often follows no discernible logic.

Showing that I did indeed have a mother who occasionally spoke in german while I was young, occasionally.... I did this for all my German tests.... rolled it off the tongue, and chose "which one sounded right". (lol)

Hmm, actually, the French do that masculine/feminine stuff too!

It would make me les miserables!
~coughs, looks back @ his Quebecois countrymates to see if he needs to run again~
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Voakie
Bonjour Démone et bienvenue sur AGF! Ça fait plaisir de voir un autre membre provenant du Québec se joindre à nous. Amuse-toi bien et fait comme chez toi; comme tu as pu le constater, la communauté ici est très accueillante et chaleureuse.

Because this language appears to be no more than a complex cipher to a majority of people here, I've decided to include a translation: 

Hello Démone and welcome to AGF! It's nice to see another forumite from Quebec joining us. Have fun and make yourself at home; as you could see, the community here is very welcoming and warm. 

EDIT:
@Voakie . You joined pretty late so I'm not sure if you knew, but there used to be a turkish subforum on AGF (and yes, this is memories from my previous account in the works). I'm pretty sure it was deleted due to inactivity because it had only one thread and two posts... which were in english. I think it is very possible that if there's a decent amount of french and german speakers we could have a french and/or a german subforums.

@Squirrel . About the pronoun "it": It doesn't exist in french, every word has a gender, there's nothing really neutral in french. So when you say "I must have killed it" in french, you literally say "I must have killed him", but you do mean the former in this context nonetheless. In other words "Je dois l'avoir tué" = "I must have killed it" or "I must have killed him" depending on context and as you know already, google isn't brilliant enough to translate context yet.
[-] The following 3 users Like Doigt's post:
  • Démone, EqAtOmBe , Squirrel
(04-15-2017, 05:05 PM)Doigt Wrote: Bonjour Démone et bienvenue sur AGF! Ça fait plaisir de voir un autre membre provenant du Québec se joindre à nous. Amuse-toi bien et fait comme chez toi; comme tu as peu le constater, la communauté ici est très accueillante et chaleureuse.

Bonjour Doigt ! (C'est pas le majeur j'espère! :p)

Oui c'est vrai que la communauté est très accueillante et merci de ton accueil aussi ! Ca fait du bien de parler francais car je suis pourrieeeeeeeeeeeeee en anglais hahaha Au plaisir de te croiser sur Agario!
(04-15-2017, 05:05 PM)Doigt Wrote: @Squirrel . About the pronoun "it": It doesn't exist in french, every word has a gender, there's nothing really neutral in french. So when you say "I must have killed it" in french, you literally say "I must have killed him", but you do mean the former in this context nonetheless. In other words "Je dois l'avoir tué" =  "I must have killed it" or "I must have killed him" depending on context and as you know already, google isn't brilliant enough to translate context yet.

Mon Dieu!!

An IT-Quebecer WOULD pull grammar insanity on me!

~coughs and claims no "it" pun~

I was in Montreal for two days, once...

I was the guy grimacing all the time...

The drivers there seem to think traffic signs are completely optional -- more like 'guidelines'....

But thankfully there were sufficient english-speakers for me to get around... but I swear... how the hell ANYBODY figures out their underground busses, whatever they call 'em, mannnn... I'll never know. All kinds of routes cross each other, but you just have to know which ones allow you to go from one specific line to another.

It's a fricken 200-mile long underground maze!
Fight the Good Fight
hi guys im new!!!