Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Questions & Answers | The section that teaches
This section serves as a purpose to let people ask questions, and answer questions. Questions about what, you might ask?
About anything. And even if you don't have any questions yet, it'll be a valuable read to skim through questions & answers posted by others.

Popular topics
Technology
Science
Business
Movies
Psychology
Entertainment
Gaming
Marketing

Unanswered questions (Post a thread with this question?)
1) What are the best & newest products/inventions that most people haven't heard about?
(Products that solved a problem which we previously thought was not possible, perhaps?)
2) If you had to describe your childhood in one sentence, what would it be?
3) How should I invest $100 000?
4) What is something crazy that your neighbor has done?
5) What are the secrets of being likable?
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
This is a neat idea. I like answering player's questions to the best of my ability. Big Grin
I guess AGF has become a school now Kappa
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Konoha 's post:
  • CantREKTMe , Cen, fisa, Storm網, Yandere_Chan, ℱIRE
lol this reminds me of Quora Digest.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • kyle123azm
Interesting idea Smile

I have a question: Why is getting a quest in a game harder then actually completing it?
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
wow, this is cool. so now we dont have to post in general and stuff

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breakfast 's post:
  • kyle123azm
(09-01-2016, 06:36 AM)ℱIRE Wrote: Interesting idea Smile

I have a question: Why is getting a quest in a game harder then actually completing it?

Some games are worse at that than others... but mostly, I think that when you're looking for a quest, you have no idea what you need to do. So you try random things, and eventually you get lucky in interacting with an object or character a certain way.

But once you have the quest, they generally give you reasonable clues, so you know what you need to do, in order to finish it.

(lol) It reminds me a time that I played EverCrack, and there was this one spot where you had to kill this boss... But the boss was accompanied by two lions that would chase you anywhere, and they seemed invincible.

So I'd lie in wait near the area... waited for a hapless party to go by... then 15-20 secs later, sho 'nuff, here comes the whole party on the dead run, pursued by these lions. Then I'd run over, kill the boss, and I'd get my reward.

Every game is different, though. One day you may get one where the quests are easy to find, but figuring out what to do to finish one can be hard.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ℱIRE
(09-01-2016, 07:58 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 06:36 AM)ℱIRE Wrote: Interesting idea Smile

Some games are worse at that than others... but mostly, I think that when you're looking for a quest, you have no idea what you need to do. So you try random things, and eventually you get lucky in interacting with an object or character a certain way.

But once you have the quest, they generally give you reasonable clues, so you know what you need to do, in order to finish it.

(lol) It reminds me a time that I played EverCrack, and there was this one spot where you had to kill this boss... But the boss was accompanied by two lions that would chase you anywhere, and they seemed invincible.

So I'd lie in wait near the area... waited for a hapless party to go by... then 15-20 secs later, sho 'nuff, here comes the whole party on the dead run, pursued by these lions. Then I'd run over, kill the boss, and I'd get my reward.

Every game is different, though. One day you may get one where the quests are easy to find, but figuring out what to do to finish one can be hard.

Well, the game that I play has a bonus content, which requires a lot of achievements and I've never seen a picture or even a story about this bonus feature. One of the achievements requires you to complete so called Metropolis Quests for other computer players. These quests have a different type of objective then regular quests. But these quests are really hard to obtain because you need to do following in order to get them:

-You need to have a city status of Metropolis for most of them, which is a really high city status, and requires a lot of land.
-You need to get and MAINTAIN an alliance with the computer player you want a Metropolis quest from. And particularly this condition is hard because some players don't like anything and you can hardly get a good enough reputation with them to form an alliance.
-It sometimes takes up to 4 hours or more for them to give you a quest.
-You need to save your game every 2-3 minutes, so that when you get a quest, you can keep reloading the latest save, until you get the quest you want. (Luckily I know this because otherwise these quests would be even more rage)
-Sometimes another special condition, but those can really easily be fullfilled in a couple clicks.

And if you compare the struggle, through which you went to get these quests, with the actual quests themselves, you wonder why these quests needed to be so hard to obtain. For 1 quest, I had to reload my game 21 times in order to get it!

So far, I have completed 4 of the 20 quests, and I'm currently busy with the 5th and the 6th is right around the corner. But the last 7 quests will be pure *?!&#@?/*& because they are given by the hard players, whom are almost impossible to keep an alliance with. And the developers gave the hardest player, who doesn't like ANYTHING, 3 of these quests. Why, game, why?
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
"2) If you had to describe your childhood in one sentence, what would it be?"
Hillary Clinton (aka horrible) Kappa

[Image: giphy.gif]
You heard the man.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cen's post:
  • Squirrel , Yandere_Chan
(09-01-2016, 08:46 AM)ℱIRE Wrote: Well, the game that I play has a bonus content, which requires a lot of achievements and I've never seen a picture or even a story about this bonus feature. One of the achievements requires you to complete so called Metropolis Quests for other computer players. These quests have a different type of objective then regular quests. But these quests are really hard to obtain because you need to do following in order to get them:

-You need to have a city status of Metropolis for most of them, which is a really high city status, and requires a lot of land.
-You need to get and MAINTAIN an alliance with the computer player you want a Metropolis quest from. And particularly this condition is hard because some players don't like anything and you can hardly get a good enough reputation with them to form an alliance.
-It sometimes takes up to 4 hours or more for them to give you a quest.
-You need to save your game every 2-3 minutes, so that when you get a quest, you can keep reloading the latest save, until you get the quest you want. (Luckily I know this because otherwise these quests would be even more rage)
-Sometimes another special condition, but those can really easily be fullfilled in a couple clicks.

And if you compare the struggle, through which you went to get these quests, with the actual quests themselves, you wonder why these quests needed to be so hard to obtain. For 1 quest, I had to reload my game 21 times in order to get it!

So far, I have completed 4 of the 20 quests, and I'm currently busy with the 5th and the 6th is right around the corner. But the last 7 quests will be pure *?!&#@?/*& because they are given by the hard players, whom are almost impossible to keep an alliance with. And the developers gave the hardest player, who doesn't like ANYTHING, 3 of these quests. Why, game, why?

Lol!

I'd say that the developer is trying to keep you from "finishing" the game, at which point you'll wonder why you should ever open it again. Big Grin

They'll want to keep you busy until they have their next game ready to be released. Wink Big Grin

(09-01-2016, 08:51 AM)Cen Wrote: "2) If you had to describe your childhood in one sentence, what would it be?"
Hillary Clinton (aka horrible) Kappa

I'd say.... "Poor, but oblivious." I always knew we were short on cash, but I can't ever recall not having something. My mom was the best. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Cen, Storm網, ℱIRE
If I had to descirbe my childhood It'd have to be Weird Annoying, Funny.
Build a bridge and get over it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Storm網's post:
  • Squirrel
(serious question)

So if i got it right, you can make a thread and people anwser it or the creator of the thread himself can anwser it?
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

(09-01-2016, 01:46 PM)blood cr Wrote: (serious question)

So if i got it right, you can make a thread and people anwser it or the creator of the thread himself can anwser it?

that's confusing

[Image: giphy.gif]
You heard the man.
(09-01-2016, 01:46 PM)blood cr Wrote: (serious question)

Here I'll explain. Someone makes a thread about a question they have either with technology, games, business, and so forth. Then the players from the community AGF can answer the question to the best of their ability. Like my self I made a thread called "Questions about PC's" and people are answering the questions I have.
[-] The following 4 users Like Apix 's post:
  • Konoha , Sora, Squirrel , ℱIRE
(09-01-2016, 05:45 PM)Apix Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 01:46 PM)blood cr Wrote: (serious question)

Here I'll explain. Someone makes a thread about a question they have either with technology, games, business, and so forth. Then the players from the community AGF can answer the question to the best of their ability. Like my self I made a thread called "Questions about PC's" and people are answering the questions I have.

Okay. Thanks for making it clear for me
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[-] The following 3 users Like Konoha 's post:
  • Apix , Honest, Storm網