Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: is it time to get rid of secret rooms?
Yes: unless there's a fix
No: cheating isn't a big enough problem
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
get rid of the secret rooms! (poll)
(08-08-2016, 06:06 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: ya I hate when viruses get stuck in the portal , give credit to @plsdonteatme for starting this phenomenon Kappa
haha yup! tha nx again plsdont 
(weve had our convos)
yup
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • ✨101✨
i got u brahs

i barely play anymore, if you removed rooms i wouldn't care

BUT

if they are there ima use em
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes plsdonteatme's post:
  • run SPOT run
(08-13-2016, 02:41 PM)plsdonteatme Wrote: i got u brahs

i barely play anymore, if you removed rooms i wouldn't care

BUT

if they are there ima use em

lol xD
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(02-05-2017, 06:01 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: there is no update. don't bother to bump this thread again. the promised "no virus in basement" update will prob never happen along with @Sora ever trusting anyone to actually help moderate this site or the server attached. Someone liked something on this thread  that I wrote...please recognize that this is 1/2 a year old, and the updates are as imaginary as @Reaction  news.

p.s.   are you reaction @Sora ? ....lol I sure as hell hope not.

This thread is one I don't really recall, and while I've heard of stuff aboutr secrety rooms, I've never been in one, and that doesn't distress me.

I have, however, heard 'camping' mentioned in a negative light fairly continually, along with problems where apparently all the viruses are enclosed in this one room, making it easy to dominate, and tough-to-impossible for small people to play? I'm not sure how well I've grasped it, as again, I've never been in there myself.

But what I have thought, stemming from the public game for some time now, is that there are a minimum and maximum # for how many viruses can exist....

And I wonder if the problem is not just as simple as people are purposely blowing up virii in the one room, hoping to move them all to the secret room....

If so, a fairly simple programming change -- not permitting virii to traverse rooms so that either room exceed/is less than the maximum/minimum virii counts -- should fix that behaviour.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
the problem with getting rid of the rooms is..

no one will ever get 100k again. i mean.. you could get rid of all of the scores of NOW.. but that would leave a bitter taste in many mouths.

however viruses in the portal NEEDS to be fixed.
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

(02-05-2017, 01:21 PM)Conquest Wrote: the problem with getting rid of the rooms is..

no one will ever get 100k again. i mean.. you could get rid of all of the scores of NOW.. but that would leave a bitter taste in many mouths.

I got 90k solo (no rooms or q either) 2 days ago, I jest needed 10k moar ;-;
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(02-05-2017, 02:52 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 01:21 PM)Conquest Wrote: the problem with getting rid of the rooms is..

Seriously I voted to keep the rooms because it adds so much emotion to the game. Even though its is a bit negative emotion but none the less it adds greatly to the game.
If it was possible I would keep the rooms but add a risk factor to being in there. Maybe " a random self destruct" code, set to go off at random times. SO...you can go in there and maybe grab an "E" or Super size but there is a chance of self destruct along with the viruses stuck in th e portal  tube or what ever. THAT'S COOL" Is that an option? Even if it isnt possible I vote to keep the rooms. Like @101 said...free food Smile
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • ✨101✨

Yeah but.. How much of that was camped by other people? I'm not saying you camped, I'm just saying Person A camped and then was taken out by team A,
Person B camped and took out team A
That's atleast 40k without capping.
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

(02-05-2017, 07:40 PM)Relax Wrote: I see a lot of words in these posts but nothing being said, at least no real solutions being put forward. The rooms aren't the problems, camping, farming, and hiding viruses are. The rooms make the game "unique" and I doubt @Sora wants them gone. I propose we increase the delay between powerups appearing (so you can't camp and grow) and not allow anyone to have more than one merge or speed boost at any given time. Sora had a temporary "patch" to viruses in the room (we should only allow one virus in there and the eas rest despawn and despawn at contact with the portal). No offence to @run SPOT run but this thread is poorly worded. We need to get rid of abuse, not use of the rooms. Of course I personally avoid them like the plague, but I think this is the best compromise we can come up with.

I like to go in there sometimes and fight with the campers. It' s a lot of fun. They are to big to do anything and if they split to get you they get sucked in to the portal.  they shoot feeds  and the feeds spawn, and the big cell feeds their spawns which get bigger and they come after me and I go around and around the portal tube..try it some time when your bored
I see what @Relax is saying about how this is all talk and no "action" (as if to say), but didn't @run SPOT run say something about that this thread was useless and didn't need further replying to? (Correct me if I am wrong).

Anyways, since everyone is talking about it I shall join in. First off, the virus thing needs to be fixed with it. It is quite annoying when someone gets one virus in there and with that one, simple, stupid virus ruins the game for everyone since it cancels the spawn of viruses in the main lobby as many of you know. I see this very annoying and unfair to the new players (like myself) and also the professionals as there is no possible way you can win since they have their buffs and such.

Secondly, as others have stated, I think with the buffs there should be a limit of three or something. The reason being is that I see players come in camp their asses off forever, gather up the buffs, then come in and destroy the lobby with what seems like a hundred power-ups. So, having a limit would be nice because now they are not so over powered and it will be more of a challenge and keep the game challenging and to me personally more fun to play.

So I vote that we keep the rooms! Big Grin But make them less over powered.
 -Polearm [Image: Pc7GVNA.png]
(02-05-2017, 07:37 PM)Conquest Wrote:

Yeah but.. How much of that was camped by other people? I'm not saying you camped, I'm just saying Person A camped and then was taken out by team A,
Person B camped and took out team A
That's atleast 40k without capping.

lol I forgot I have gotten 99k (I tell people 100k cuz it sounds better xd), 96k, and 93k solo before too. So technically once I was 1k away from 100k

LOL camped by other people?
Are you implying my solo was illegitimate lmao. Camping doesn't get you a lot of mass(max like 12k-16k), farming does, I don't have q thus can't farm, also I didn't use the rooms to get mass that wastes a ton of time, why waste 20 minutes to get 12k when you can get 50k-70k in less than 10 minutes.

No one 'camped', it was just me,no rooms, it's not that hard to get 90k+ you just have to have all the right variables in place:

-no good players playing while you play
-no annoying random teams
-no random campers
-lots of random noobs
-no lag, or very low lag (I get this at night time, I made the score at night.)

Regarding the rooms and the lb scores

Tbh I think the rooms should stay, it's a part of agf. I think the rooms should have a timeout (5 minutes for both, you then spawn out)

Also the 2nd room shouldn't spit out heaps of mass for farming, as fun as that is lol.

I also don't mind the lb scores being deleted, I can get scores whenever I want.
bump
[Image: b284c6a6bc3c41b19f8ac8191770aa9b.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Everyone plays for different reasons, whether it be for camping, high scores, or just surviving. It doesn't matter if the leaderboard is gone, people will still camp and hide viruses. If the secret rooms are gone, there's no mass or power ups fed into the game and it becomes boring. In my opinion, the best fix is either to make viruses spawn everywhere, including the secret rooms, make it possible to spawn into the secret rooms without having to spawn from mass, or take away the ability to hide viruses in the secret rooms. I really don't think anyone enjoys playing without viruses, they just enjoy trolling by taking them away and waiting for people to rage over it.
Have any questions? Feel free to send me a private message! 

Please remember, I’m only a forums moderator. Not in Agma!  Heart
[-] The following 3 users Like QueenHeather's post:
  • run SPOT run , Squirrel , ™ Chronic
I voted for a fix because the camp room adds fun. Just fix that virus problem.
so that people have a chance of getting campers out, And peeps like ZAK can not do that.
[-] The following 2 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • run SPOT run , Supergirl
(03-19-2017, 04:58 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: I voted for a fix because the camp room adds fun. Just fix that virus problem.
so that people have a chance of getting campers out, And peeps like ZAK can not do that.

Yep Sora is working on it I believe Wink
[Image: Robin.png]