Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all
(08-05-2016, 01:56 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 01:42 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: That's so cool! Well done for not minding them. In the end you can question why they don't do something better with their time, like making a vaccine against cancer. It's simply because they're from a too low part of society to be able to do such a thing, so they make it easier for themselves and go being annoying to others. That's how I'd explain what a bully actually is. No one was born as bully but made as so I believe with some strength and no group pressure it's also possible to get rid of it too. Smile

I don't think there are any girls playing agar, are there?

It was no big deal, really. I give them credit for making me more open-minded. I seem to be able to see things from others' point of view, which is very handy. And, I got the last laugh, because I sprouted like a beanstalk, and then suddenly I had invites to the football & basketball teams, from the very ones who'd bothered me. Well, I just flipped them the bird. Big Grin (Ahh, and that's the American/Canadian 'football', not soccer.)

And yes, there are gals who play. But I dare say that they are outnumbered by us. But that's okay. Most of them know exactly how to handle a guy that is being too annoying to them.

It's awesome it made your head keep up high! I think in The Netherlands there's less bullying than in the United States (I guess that's where you're from), it's actually not really a thing here. It happens but it will be fought. I just always threw an angry look at people who were looking to bully, seemingly it helped. In the first few classes it didn't get me any friends at all but that's fine. I feared the worst, just like agar, a small one hiding and looking out to be a big guy too one day. Big Grin

Sometimes I notice a girl in agar, mainly due to their names - they use their real name more frequently and with the Care Bears that's often the skin they pick. ^^ I'd say I'd expect more girls to play, because it seems like a game orientated for them mainly (imo).

(08-05-2016, 04:45 AM)Arrowfeather Wrote: Welcome! I'm new to the website too but not to the game

Thank you Arrowfeather, you welcome too. Smile

I've been playing the game since quite a time now. What's your level? I'm almost at level 37 now.
(08-02-2016, 12:39 AM)Yugopolis Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 12:10 AM)savant Wrote: I am Yugopolis and I play on the European server. Therefore I'm from The Netherlands and 17 years old.
>>>
I am Yugopolis. I am from the Netherlands and I am 17 years old. I play on the European server.

Sorry for not being native English

Apart from this guy thanks for all warm messages ::
just wanted to help
Wee Willy Winky runs through the town.
Upstairs downstairs, in his nightgown.
Rapping at the windows, crying through the lock.
Are all the children in their beds? For now it's eight o'clock.
Lol, I liked your Thread but forgot to reply... Ehh, voakie is a slow goat...

Anyways, Welcome! Hope you forgive me
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Squirrel , Yugopolis
Yugopolis
(08-05-2016, 01:42 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: That's so cool! Well done for not minding them. In the end you can question why they don't do something better with their time, like making a vaccine against cancer. It's simply because they're from a too low part of society to be able to do such a thing, so they make it easier for themselves and go being annoying to others. That's how I'd explain what a bully actually is. No one was born as bully but made as so I believe with some strength and no group pressure it's also possible to get rid of it too. Smile

It was no big deal, really. I give them credit for making me more open-minded. I seem to be able to see things from others' point of view, which is very handy. And, I got the last laugh, because I sprouted like a beanstalk, and then suddenly I had invites to the football & basketball teams, from the very ones who'd bothered me. Well, I just flipped them the bird. Big Grin (Ahh, and that's the American/Canadian 'football', not soccer.)

And yes, there are gals who play. But I dare say that they are outnumbered by us. But that's okay. Most of them know exactly how to handle a guy that is being too annoying to them.

It's awesome it made your head keep up high! I think in The Netherlands there's less bullying than in the United States (I guess that's where you're from), it's actually not really a thing here. It happens but it will be fought. I just always threw an angry look at people who were looking to bully, seemingly it helped. In the first few classes it didn't get me any friends at all but that's fine. I feared the worst, just like agar, a small one hiding and looking out to be a big guy too one day. Big Grin

Sometimes I notice a girl in agar, mainly due to their names - they use their real name more frequently and with the Care Bears that's often the skin they pick. ^^ I'd say I'd expect more girls to play, because it seems like a game orientated for them mainly (imo).

(08-05-2016, 04:45 AM)Arrowfeather Wrote: Welcome! I'm new to the website too but not to the game

I've been playing the game since quite a time now. What's your level? I'm almost at level 37 now.

I was level 40 until something crashed so no I'm starting again. That's a good level Smile
[Image: Inspirational-good-morning-message-quote.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like Arrowfeather's post:
  • Squirrel , Yugopolis
Welcome m8! Now there is even more Dutch swag here Tongue
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
Welcome to the AGF forums! I hope you stay with us, we are a good community. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apix 's post:
  • Yugopolis
(08-06-2016, 07:13 AM)Voakie Wrote: Lol, I liked your Thread but forgot to reply... Ehh, voakie is a slow goat...

Anyways, Welcome! Hope you forgive me

I wouldn't even dare to say it's a wrong thing to not welcome me hehe ^^ Big Grin

(08-06-2016, 01:42 PM)Arrowfeather Wrote: Yugopolis

I was level 40 until something crashed so no I'm starting again. That's a good level Smile

Ouch, I believe it sucks when losing your whole account. I've connected mine to my Facebook, but my previous Facebook got deleted as they said my last name didn't sound real enough. >_> In fact, that was the case, but still. If that account would've been my agar.io account I would've lost mine too D:

(08-06-2016, 02:08 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Welcome m8! Now there is even more Dutch swag here Tongue

I can't believe if there'd only be so few Dutch members actually!
(08-06-2016, 01:42 PM)Arrowfeather Wrote: It's awesome it made your head keep up high! I think in The Netherlands there's less bullying than in the United States (I guess that's where you're from), it's actually not really a thing here. It happens but it will be fought. I just always threw an angry look at people who were looking to bully, seemingly it helped. In the first few classes it didn't get me any friends at all but that's fine. I feared the worst, just like agar, a small one hiding and looking out to be a big guy too one day. Big Grin

I'm in Canada, rather than the USA, but we're neighbours, and very close friends generally, so it's almost the same thing.

Thank you for telling us this!!!

To me, this means that WE CANchange the social norm of kids looking for ways to insult people, while trying to 'be cool', because in other places, this has already happened!

I can't speak for @DTricksplit, but I'll bet she will be overjoyed to hear that, and take it the same way that I am seeing it -- that this thing can be beaten!

Thanks again! Big Grin

(And hey, I'm not sure I've seen you before, even though you say you're not new. Thanks for pitching in, and it's great that you're here!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(08-07-2016, 02:57 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 01:42 PM)Arrowfeather Wrote: It's awesome it made your head keep up high! I think in The Netherlands there's less bullying than in the United States (I guess that's where you're from), it's actually not really a thing here. It happens but it will be fought. I just always threw an angry look at people who were looking to bully, seemingly it helped. In the first few classes it didn't get me any friends at all but that's fine. I feared the worst, just like agar, a small one hiding and looking out to be a big guy too one day. Big Grin

I'm in Canada, rather than the USA, but we're neighbours, and very close friends generally, so it's almost the same thing.

To me, this means that WE CANchange the social norm of kids looking for ways to insult people, while trying to 'be cool', because in other places, this has already happened!

I can't speak for @DTricksplit, but I'll bet she will be overjoyed to hear that, and take it the same way that I am seeing it -- that this thing can be beaten!

Thanks again! Big Grin

(And hey, I'm not sure I've seen you before, even though you say you're not new. Thanks for pitching in, and it's great that you're here!)
I'm from the USA, and I can't speak to the norm with bullying, I'm just a small town girl.  All I know is my heart breaks every time I hear of a teenager or kid taking their own lives because other people caused them so much pain, that suicide seemed like their best option.  These kids had a lot of life ahead of them, and families that will mourn their loss for the rest of their lives?  It's encouraging to see the good people take a stand and say, no, this is not ok.  I do know of some males that use the Care Bears.  I do agree that males and females play Agario, seems that either sex can get sucked into this addictive game.  I'm so happy to hear that you have taken a stand ArrowFeather, I'm proud of you for being a leader. Heart

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-07-2016, 01:44 AM)Yugopolis Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 02:08 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Welcome m8! Now there is even more Dutch swag here Tongue

I can't believe if there'd only be so few Dutch members actually!

Actually, yes. You're the 4th one (as far as I know and including me) and 2 haven't been on for quite some time.
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
(08-07-2016, 03:19 AM)DTricksplit Wrote:

Thanks again! Big Grin

I'm from the USA, and I can't speak to the norm with bullying, I'm just a small town girl.  All I know is my heart breaks every time I hear of a teenager or kid taking their own lives because other people caused them so much pain, that suicide seemed like their best option.  These kids had a lot of life ahead of them, and families that will mourn their loss for the rest of their lives?  It's encouraging to see the good people take a stand and say, no, this is not ok.  I do know of some males that use the Care Bears.  I do agree that males and females play Agario, seems that either sex can get sucked into this addictive game.  I'm so happy to hear that you have taken a stand ArrowFeather, I'm proud of you for being a leader. Heart

Huh? In the quote it looks like Arrowfeather wrote that but it's actually me. xD I think there went something wrong with the quoting. Talking about the sexes, today I noticed two girl names in agar and they were teaming and they did really well. ^^ I would've tried to join in if I wasn't so small. Blush

Thanks again! Big Grin

As I already wrote to DTricksplit, there went something wrong with this quote. Look at the username. D: May I ask, why do you specifically tag DTricksplit? I hope nothing bad happened to her when talking about bullying.

If the last part of your post is meant towards me instead of Arrowfeather; yes, I believe you told me, but I enjoy being on a new forum. Smile

I used to be active on different forums but things didn't go well and I lost my interest, mainly. My post records on those forums were respectively 12.262 and 9.950 posts! So who knows how many I could collect here. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-09-2016, 01:12 AM)Yugopolis Wrote:

Thanks again! Big Grin

Huh? In the quote it looks like Arrowfeather wrote that but it's actually me. xD I think there went something wrong with the quoting. Talking about the sexes, today I noticed two girl names in agar and they were teaming and they did really well. ^^ I would've tried to join in if I wasn't so small. Blush

Thanks again! Big Grin

As I already wrote to DTricksplit, there went something wrong with this quote. Look at the username. D: May I ask, why do you specifically tag DTricksplit? I hope nothing bad happened to her when talking about bullying.

If the last part of your post is meant towards me instead of Arrowfeather; yes, I believe you told me, but I enjoy being on a new forum. Smile

I used to be active on different forums but things didn't go well and I lost my interest, mainly. My post records on those forums were respectively 12.262 and 9.950 posts! So who knows how many I could collect here. Smile

Oh, I was mentioned in squirrels post because I have a YouTube channel (I posted on it in here) and I did a video about bullying, so squirrel wanted me to see this post Big Grin

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-09-2016, 01:19 AM)DTricksplit Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 01:12 AM)Yugopolis Wrote:

Thanks again! Big Grin

Thanks again! Big Grin

Oh, I was mentioned in squirrels post because I have a YouTube channel (I posted on it in here) and I did a video about bullying, so squirrel wanted me to see this post Big Grin

Well I got curious so I decided to start looking for this video and I found it pretty easily. It's a nice video, you only dance with winners and the bullies weren't winners. Even if they were in a group, they never got any better than the guy being bullied or basically anyone else. I think you analysed the problem very well by people getting along in this behaviour because of FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out. It's like: "oh, if I help the guy, they might bully me too!"

I'm not used to bullying... As I mentioned before I just had an angry look at them and it kept them away. I don't seem "weak" so they know I would've fought back. But I'm still terribly sorry to any victim of bullying!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-09-2016, 01:12 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: As I already wrote to DTricksplit, there went something wrong with this quote. Look at the username. D: May I ask, why do you specifically tag DTricksplit? I hope nothing bad happened to her when talking about bullying.

I did the reference to her, because I knew that she'd be interested in your post, and that would have generated an Aler for her, which would have ensured that she'd read it. Smile

Once you see the videos she's been making, I think you'll understand. (Hmm, maybe she's already told you).

I'm too short of breath to look at this properly right now. If there was a misquoting, so long as we clear it up... ~grin~

The other thing I wanted to say is... don't feel that you're in a post-race! Share what you can! Share what you have time for, and what you feel like... Smile With enough people who do that, we'll never run out of things to talk about!

(08-09-2016, 01:19 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: Oh, I was mentioned in squirrels post because I have a YouTube channel (I posted on it in here) and I did a video about bullying, so squirrel wanted me to see this post Big Grin

~smile~ I should have known that I didn't need to answer that!

And I also see you changed your avatar again!

That is one insanely beautiful eye. You realize that it is hardly going to incite the fear that a Panther's eye would, right? Big Grin

Are you going soft on us?? The minions wish to know! Wink

(08-09-2016, 01:35 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: I think you analysed the problem very well by people getting along in this behaviour because of FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out. It's like: "oh, if I help the guy, they might bully me too!"

I'm not used to bullying... As I mentioned before I just had an angry look at them and it kept them away. I don't seem "weak" so they know I would've fought back. But I'm still terribly sorry to any victim of bullying!

Yes, exactly. You get a pack of guys, who want to 'be cool' with each other. Because there's a pecking order within the group (likely), and everyone wants to be a part of the group (which is why they're present at all), they are often enticed by the situation to join in the bullying, without giving much thought to what they're doing.

This changes following that, sometimes, when they reflect on their actions, and are shocked at what they did.

So if you find that you (generally now, not you specifically, of course) have done something that shocked you... remember that you can CHOOSE to participate, or to not to.

If it truly is a band of guys worth being a part of... should you later breach the subject that what they did was not really very entertaining, you might be surprised at the support you get.

Either that, or you've learned something very important about the quality of the group of guys that you're hanging with....
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
@Squirrel the post got very chaotic, three different parts... I don't know how to reply. D: