Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AGF Is dying. We can change this.
Mr. Squirrel, tell me not do you like talking with sora. I personally love to cause he can make a fucking difference. Instead of ranting problems out on AGF we could tell,a staff member. Staff can also be used to talk greet and show around new members of agf. So we do need staff I vote s11 and 101 for staff.
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262
Oooofff
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
(07-04-2016, 08:57 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Oooofff

lol   . .

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
I dont see agf dying, Sora adds new thing everyweek and makes the game better and more people are joining, maybe its just you that are not loving the game :}
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Craw 's post:
  • Breakfast , Voakie , ℱIRE
(07-04-2016, 09:19 PM)Craw Wrote: I dont see agf dying, Sora adds new thing everyweek and makes the game better and more people are joining, maybe its just you that are not loving the game :}

I agree

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(07-04-2016, 01:32 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 09:36 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: @Sora lol... You make it more complicated than it needs to be. I suggest hiring staff for clan war server to record and moderate chat. And to make sure the right people spawn in there can be a code used to spawn in like the secret server. I don't think there needs to be a timer but as regarding to keeping people out it would be cool to have people spawn in this would show the clans strength. And leaderboards still a good idea. And as a reward we'll ya noob how mods I need ha the aver a right name saying mod or something change it to war champs or add there tag. Also maybe a talk with the head admin through skype. Heck I would find a new clan and compete lol. @Sora pm me with questions.

When making changes, there is more that you need to consider, than just the substantive ones. You also need to consider the effects of those changes, and any new demands it will make on your time. Taking care of a game is very time consuming -- trust me, because I've been there. (And that was in a time when games were much simpler, because they didn't use graphics.)

I disagree that making members responsible for repetitive and menial tasks is going to make things any better. This means that he'll have to expend further energy deciding which volunteers to select, and that might also spawn some people making claims of corruption/wrongdoing by them.

No. It is far easier, if the game takes care of itself. With automated systems in place, no extra work is needed, and people can rest assured that everything is fair and square.

However, there are many ways to present changes, and each programmer will have his own ideas, and own flair. We should wait to see what he's able to give us!

There's one more thing that I can assure you -- it's likely more work than you'd like to be responsible for.

When someone is providing us with something that is free and fun, I am a firm believer that we thank him for it, rather than rattle off ideas that take little time to come up with, but much more to implement. Don't get me wrong, many of your ideas have merit... but the manner in which you presented them was off.

To me, it came off as someone who was essentially throwing his arms up in the air, saying "I told you so", as if he'd have had the job done long ago.

I hope I'm wrong as to your intent... but your intent isn't the only thing that matters, but also how others perceive it.

That was so perfectly described

(07-04-2016, 03:35 PM)Relaxm9 Wrote: I do agree with Sky's point on chat moderators. Personally I'm not sure if this game is 'dying'. It's off its peak, but still pretty active. Anyways, I personally think getting something to be more popular is quite easy. Players like us have stayed, and if more people come, some of them would HAVE to stay for the same reasons. Just how it works.

We can't have overnight gigantic changes. If you really want to keep a game alive, you can't just work to keep players. It helps, because your dopamine receptors do like change, but it will only prolong the inevitable. Now, I hate this idea because it isn't overly practical, (unlike just telling your friends about the game) but what if we just spam the comments of agar videos. Just pause the video, muting the annoying intro, leave a comment, tell others on AGF to like it. This would bring the peeps from the comments, and there's the off chance we can get the video creator.

The rest is jokes so go away you fun hating noobs.

Long term changes do, IMO require more staff. Which is why, I Relax, saviour of AD, conquerer of servers, and student of @sgaf, am announcing my candidacy for staff in 2017. Not only can I learn coding stuff by then, but I can also become president. THIS GAME WILL NOT DIE, BECAUSE I WILL PROTECT IT. THE TERRIBLE PEOPLE AT AGARFORUMS.IO (read the URL before an angry comment) MAY TAKE OUR PEOPLE, WISH PLAGUE ON OUR HOUSES, AND BURN OUR VILLAGES DOWN. WE MUST STAND AGAINST THEM TOGETHER. BUT EVEN SO, WE'RE STILL TO WEAK. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE AND FOR THAT WE NEED YOU! NOW, MY DEADLY BEASTS, GRAB YOUR MERGES, PULL UP YOUR SOCKS AND FLY MY MINIONS! SCATTER AND BRING MORE OF OUR KIND? FLY! FLY!!!!!!!!!

I think that's the moest High Quality comment you've ever made on AGF. Pretty epic sight, and yeah, focusing on bringing players needs to be sacrificed for a small portion of the good ol' updates, right?

(07-04-2016, 06:43 PM)SkyDoge Wrote: Mr. Squirrel, tell me not do you like talking with sora. I personally love to cause he can make a fucking difference. Instead of ranting problems out on AGF we could tell,a staff member. Staff can also be used to talk greet and show around new members of agf. So we do need staff I vote s11 and 101 for staff.

I think what he ment was more to your way of speech and thought at that moment, rather than your intentions. He didn't say no to staff. He just described to you in detail what was a bit off spot in what you said. Atleast, he widened my views, perhaps for life, in just the small yet incredibly informative post he made.

Regarding a bunch of staff and moderators, we don't want a ton of people being banned for some reason. I mean, sure a player ingame can cuss out a moderator ingame because he got eaten and therefore raged. Does that mean a moderator can permanently ban the player from ever playing AGF again? Different people react differently, and to find the perfect mods for this job will take hours, i guarantee ya. It would also need supervision. Oh and just by thinking about it for another minute, it would definately need an entire system made, because how would mods be able to ban others? They need some command line, some admin panel of some sort. I think that has to be made, which would take another piece of the weekly chart hour. I'm sure You can think of hundreds of things just to implement this, when i've just spent one minute and already have things here which would take hours/days to implement. So the point being, you need to understand that it takes a lot of time, thought, processing. It's not just a matter of "lol... you can  just implement this, and do it like that". No, it has to be properly made, bugfree and tested.
And don't get me wrong either. I fully agree with having good updates and adding more staff which can help in different situations. We just need to think properly about these stuff as it requires more thought than you'd originally think. And then, sharing our thoughtful and instrumental opinions & ideas will be a lot more helpful.
[Image: PrivateRyanOnlineXD.gif]
Agar.io real life
[-] The following 1 user Likes Honest's post:
  • ℱIRE
(07-05-2016, 05:56 AM)Honest Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 09:36 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: @Sora lol... You make it more complicated than it needs to be. I suggest hiring staff for clan war server to record and moderate chat. And to make sure the right people spawn in there can be a code used to spawn in like the secret server. I don't think there needs to be a timer but as regarding to keeping people out it would be cool to have people spawn in this would show the clans strength. And leaderboards still a good idea. And as a reward we'll ya noob how mods I need ha the aver a right name saying mod or something change it to war champs or add there tag. Also maybe a talk with the head admin through skype. Heck I would find a new clan and compete lol. @Sora pm me with questions.

When making changes, there is more that you need to consider, than just the substantive ones. You also need to consider the effects of those changes, and any new demands it will make on your time. Taking care of a game is very time consuming -- trust me, because I've been there. (And that was in a time when games were much simpler, because they didn't use graphics.)

I disagree that making members responsible for repetitive and menial tasks is going to make things any better. This means that he'll have to expend further energy deciding which volunteers to select, and that might also spawn some people making claims of corruption/wrongdoing by them.

No. It is far easier, if the game takes care of itself. With automated systems in place, no extra work is needed, and people can rest assured that everything is fair and square.

However, there are many ways to present changes, and each programmer will have his own ideas, and own flair. We should wait to see what he's able to give us!

There's one more thing that I can assure you -- it's likely more work than you'd like to be responsible for.

When someone is providing us with something that is free and fun, I am a firm believer that we thank him for it, rather than rattle off ideas that take little time to come up with, but much more to implement. Don't get me wrong, many of your ideas have merit... but the manner in which you presented them was off.

To me, it came off as someone who was essentially throwing his arms up in the air, saying "I told you so", as if he'd have had the job done long ago.

I hope I'm wrong as to your intent... but your intent isn't the only thing that matters, but also how others perceive it.

(07-04-2016, 03:35 PM)Relaxm9 Wrote: I do agree with Sky's point on chat moderators. Personally I'm not sure if this game is 'dying'. It's off its peak, but still pretty active. Anyways, I personally think getting something to be more popular is quite easy. Players like us have stayed, and if more people come, some of them would HAVE to stay for the same reasons. Just how it works.

We can't have overnight gigantic changes. If you really want to keep a game alive, you can't just work to keep players. It helps, because your dopamine receptors do like change, but it will only prolong the inevitable. Now, I hate this idea because it isn't overly practical, (unlike just telling your friends about the game) but what if we just spam the comments of agar videos. Just pause the video, muting the annoying intro, leave a comment, tell others on AGF to like it. This would bring the peeps from the comments, and there's the off chance we can get the video creator.

Long term changes do, IMO require more staff. Which is why, I Relax, saviour of AD, conquerer of servers, and student of @sgaf, am announcing my candidacy for staff in 2017. Not only can I learn coding stuff by then, but I can also become president. THIS GAME WILL NOT DIE, BECAUSE I WILL PROTECT IT. THE TERRIBLE PEOPLE AT AGARFORUMS.IO (read the URL before an angry comment) MAY TAKE OUR PEOPLE, WISH PLAGUE ON OUR HOUSES, AND BURN OUR VILLAGES DOWN. WE MUST STAND AGAINST THEM TOGETHER. BUT EVEN SO, WE'RE STILL TO WEAK. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE AND FOR THAT WE NEED YOU! NOW, MY DEADLY BEASTS, GRAB YOUR MERGES, PULL UP YOUR SOCKS AND FLY MY MINIONS! SCATTER AND BRING MORE OF OUR KIND? FLY! FLY!!!!!!!!!

I think that's the moest High Quality comment you've ever made on AGF. Pretty epic sight, and yeah, focusing on bringing players needs to be sacrificed for a small portion of the good ol' updates, right?

(07-04-2016, 06:43 PM)SkyDoge Wrote: Mr. Squirrel, tell me not do you like talking with sora. I personally love to cause he can make a fucking difference. Instead of ranting problems out on AGF we could tell,a staff member. Staff can also be used to talk greet and show around new members of agf. So we do need staff I vote s11 and 101 for staff.

I think what he ment was more to your way of speech and thought at that moment, rather than your intentions. He didn't say no to staff. He just described to you in detail what was a bit off spot in what you said. Atleast, he widened my views, perhaps for life, in just the small yet incredibly informative post he made.

Regarding a bunch of staff and moderators, we don't want a ton of people being banned for some reason. I mean, sure a player ingame can cuss out a moderator ingame because he got eaten and therefore raged. Does that mean a moderator can permanently ban the player from ever playing AGF again? Different people react differently, and to find the perfect mods for this job will take hours, i guarantee ya. It would also need supervision. Oh and just by thinking about it for another minute, it would definately need an entire system made, because how would mods be able to ban others? They need some command line, some admin panel of some sort. I think that has to be made, which would take another piece of the weekly chart hour. I'm sure You can think of hundreds of things just to implement this, when i've just spent one minute and already have things here which would take hours/days to implement. So the point being, you need to understand that it takes a lot of time, thought, processing. It's not just a matter of "lol... you can  just implement this, and do it like that". No, it has to be properly made, bugfree and tested.
And don't get me wrong either. I fully agree with having good updates and adding more staff which can help in different situations. We just need to think properly about these stuff as it requires more thought than you'd originally think. And then, sharing our thoughtful and instrumental opinions & ideas will be a lot more helpful.

Actually it would result in a temp ban and sora has enforced this in the past. Mabye you should think that through before actually saying it. And also if you rage at someone for doing the exact point of the game you shouldn't be on agario forums or even on the Internet because eating people is the main point of agario so people shouldn't cuss others out for playing the game correctly. And finding the right mods will take 5-10 minutes easy I could already name a couple off the top of my head 101 and craw. Js it didn't take ours to think of that. And also staff probably have barely even worked on a clan war server so that could cause it to take lover as well.
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262
(07-05-2016, 06:57 AM)SkyDoge Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 05:56 AM)Honest Wrote:

Actually it would result in a temp ban and sora has enforced this in the past. Mabye you should think that through before actually saying it. And also if you rage at someone for doing the exact point of the game you shouldn't be on agario forums or even on the Internet because eating people is the main point of agario so people shouldn't cuss others out for playing the game correctly. And finding the right mods will take 5-10 minutes easy I could already name a couple off the top of my head 101 and craw. Js it didn't take ours to think of that. And also staff probably have barely even worked on a clan war server so that could cause it to take lover as well.

sky.. i seen u cuss before in game dont say u didnt does that mean u would be banned?
[Image: zebras_wallpaper_by_op_gfx-d61yic8.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zikita's post:
  • ✨101✨
rip ig lol
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

Why bump this thread @Conquest ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel
(03-15-2018, 02:27 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Why bump this thread @Conquest ?

Gaming is an industry that is ever-changing, and old games do have a way of fading.

But this game, I believe will have extra staying power, just like "Minesweeper" of Windows lore. It's simple, fun, and all you need are a few other people playing it to have your own fun.

Perhaps Conquest just meant to point out the guy who thought the game was dead... was dead-wrong, because the game is going strong more than a year later. Smile (Although, to be fair, a bunch of work has been put into agma, and really, AGF is gone... although we still have the agarioforums.io server... heh)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run