Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin Accepting
Hello All,
Sorry, I haven't been active on forums a lot recently, things have been getting quite hectic in my life with money, corona, school e.t.c... I'll be making an effort to come on here more often in the coming weeks though. Anyways to the point...

Currently,
As im sure you're aware a lot of people have customs skins and rely on @Poison and myself (shade1453) to accept the skins, however, even when online we cannot approve all skins as it requires you to be logged out of your account so the system can register it properly and then it takes 5 or so minutes to go through.

However,
I think it would be nice for people playing the game to know when someone (myself or poison at this stage) is interacting/accessing the   Mod-Panel. Whether it's; an automated Shout out (like the ones you purchase for 24k) that says something along the lines of 
"The mod-panel is in use, Log out if you're pending skin approval." or a Light at the top of the agma.io screen (next to the leaderboard) that is red or green dependant on whether or not mod-panel is in use.

Why?
Well, although I haven't checked in with poison, for me a lot of the time I get Pm's asking why skins haven't been approved when I was just on mod-panel accepting them all... this is most commonly because we can only accept skins of which the user has logged off. This would reduce pm's about skins for both @Sora (as users pm sora for all sorts of things) and all staff (mainly @Poison and myself ~ as primary skin acceptors)

Would love to get an opinion @xRENDEx @MoodyC @Squirrel @Poison @Sora
kind regards,
Artemis/Shade
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Shade1453's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Squirrel , xRENDEx
It is a brilliant idea, I like that part with shoutout. This would really make it easier for both parties, nice Smile
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 1 user Likes xRENDEx's post:
  • Shade1453
Seems like a legit idea
[Image: 184421771_1209656632822439_3838928354452...e=60BCEC67]

[-] The following 1 user Likes MoodyC's post:
  • Shade1453
I had suggested something similar to this to sora. I love the idea but sora wasn't too keen on my version lmao. I suggested he give staff a coin injection so we can shout out when we are on the mod panel and let people know they should log out. And yes i get a few dm's here and there about their skins not being accepted but i try to check at least once an hour. If an automated shoutout was possible when a staff logs into the Mod Panel that would help skin accepting go by faster. I had this idea in my head a while ago, thank you for forming it into something that's plausible and could be done!

It might be better if @Sora could make it where Staff accounts had free shoutouts. Meaning instead of paying 24k per shout, we could have unlimited shoutouts. Since we are staff i think he can trust us not to abuse that. (At least not too much Wink lol)
Sleepy Life is good for you, because somebody out there has it worse. Sleepy
|
|
|
 But life is short, so enjoy what you have and don't worry about what you don't have 
[-] The following 2 users Like Poison's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Shade1453
(03-21-2020, 12:41 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: Hello All,
Sorry, I haven't been active on forums a lot recently, things have been getting quite hectic in my life with money, corona, school e.t.c... I'll be making an effort to come on here more often in the coming weeks though. Anyways to the point...

Currently,
As im sure you're aware a lot of people have customs skins and rely on @Poison and myself (shade1453) to accept the skins, however, even when online we cannot approve all skins as it requires you to be logged out of your account so the system can register it properly and then it takes 5 or so minutes to go through.

However,
I think it would be nice for people playing the game to know when someone (myself or poison at this stage) is interacting/accessing the   Mod-Panel. Whether it's; an automated Shout out (like the ones you purchase for 24k) that says something along the lines of 
"The mod-panel is in use, Log out if you're pending skin approval." or a Light at the top of the agma.io screen (next to the leaderboard) that is red or green dependant on whether or not mod-panel is in use.

Why?
Well, although I haven't checked in with poison, for me a lot of the time I get Pm's asking why skins haven't been approved when I was just on mod-panel accepting them all... this is most commonly because we can only accept skins of which the user has logged off. This would reduce pm's about skins for both @Sora (as users pm sora for all sorts of things) and all staff (mainly @Poison and myself ~ as primary skin acceptors)

Would love to get an opinion @xRENDEx @MoodyC @Squirrel @Poison @Sora
kind regards,
Artemis/Shade

There is just one issue with this...

Although I am unaware of the full undercarriage of the game's architecture, I DO know HTTP streams, and once a Staff member goes there, there is really no way of knowing how long they have stayed. Also, I would think it would be common for them to leave the window open, as people make requests regularly. But perhaps that's only me? In the course of my job, I regularly have 10-15 windows that are always open. (Not including Discord and the Forums, lol!)

Actually... it could be done, with a system-wide automatic shout-out when someone goes to the 'Approve skins' section. However, at that point the Staff member is already in there and it's too late for you to log out. You would be depending on them to log out and log back in again. Also, I think that repeated messages of this sort could very easily bother people.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • MoodyC
Would you have any suggestions on how this method could then be improved? perhaps a cooldown time? or an announcement for when we log in and then one when we log out? or poison and I can communicate when we've logged on for skin accepting (?create a little time table?) so that the shouts aren't as often perhaps? I understand what you mean and if this isn't planned out properly it could cause even more outrage over skin acceptance than there already is... but I think it is something genuinely important that we fix (even if I have a bias as a skin acceptor)

Or perhaps we make it a rule that when we go on to skin accepting we DO refresh that 2-5mins into it all and carry on through the skins as usual

@Squirrel

Kind regards, 
Artemis/Shade
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shade1453's post:
  • xRENDEx
(03-21-2020, 09:47 PM)Shade1453 Wrote: Would you have any suggestions on how this method could then be improved? perhaps a cooldown time? or an announcement for when we log in and then one when we log out? or poison and I can communicate when we've logged on for skin accepting (?create a little time table?) so that the shouts aren't as often perhaps? I understand what you mean and if this isn't planned out properly it could cause even more outrage over skin acceptance than there already is... but I think it is something genuinely important that we fix (even if I have a bias as a skin acceptor)

Or perhaps we make it a rule that when we go on to skin accepting we DO refresh that 2-5mins into it all and carry on through the skins as usual

@Squirrel

Kind regards, 
Artemis/Shade

The way I see it, you could just have a global message sent when someone goes in, and then, for the next 30 mins, mods/staff accessing the page again would not generate another message.

And for anyone who wants something approved, they can log out, get onto Discord, and talk to the person who logged in.
Fight the Good Fight
Sounds like it could be a functioning way for everything to operate? now we just need some approval, preferably like... idk sora? to agree to program it? and like probably for sora to have less than the world of agma.io on his shoulder before they get onto this whole thing... bahaha, well at least it's an idea and a viable one at that i think Tongue
Kind regards,
Artemis/Shade
I think you should be able to accept custom skins even if they are logged in, but it will not show. But if they get it accepted by Staff, they will get a shoutout-looking thing were it is saying something like "Your skin slot(s) have been accepted, logout to see them). Just an idea
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 1 user Likes xRENDEx's post:
  • Squirrel
(03-21-2020, 09:47 PM)Shade1453 Wrote: Would you have any suggestions on how this method could then be improved? perhaps a cooldown time? or an announcement for when we log in and then one when we log out? or poison and I can communicate when we've logged on for skin accepting (?create a little time table?) so that the shouts aren't as often perhaps? I understand what you mean and if this isn't planned out properly it could cause even more outrage over skin acceptance than there already is... but I think it is something genuinely important that we fix (even if I have a bias as a skin acceptor)

@Squirrel

Kind regards, 
Artemis/Shade

Or we could do as I suggested, where Staff accounts had free shoutouts. Meaning instead of paying 24k per shout, we could have unlimited shoutouts. Since we are staff i think he can trust us not to abuse that.
Sleepy Life is good for you, because somebody out there has it worse. Sleepy
|
|
|
 But life is short, so enjoy what you have and don't worry about what you don't have 
(03-22-2020, 11:23 AM)xRENDEx Wrote: I think you should be able to accept custom skins even if they are logged in, but it will not show. But if they get it accepted by Staff, they will get a shoutout-looking thing were it is saying something like "Your skin slot(s) have been accepted, logout to see them). Just an idea

There is a reason that it's so much easier to just not allow skins to change while someone is logged in. Data integrity!

It really shouldn't bother someone too much.

Either the skin takes a day to be approved, or you are playing the game too much for it to be healthy for you! (lol, said by the guy ready to hit 2500 hrs)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Poison, Shade1453, Sora