Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A game-mode just for teamers?!
Since everybody loves teaming in all servers (even the solo servers  Wink )
It would make sense to create a game mode just based off of teaming. For example, making a server where an individual can choose a team color (maybe: red, yellow, and blue?) and it has the max of - let's say 10-15 players on each team.
They battle under a timer and whichever team eats the most of the other opponent team when time is up. Wins coins and/or power ups.
The amount of coins can, of course are up to Sora if he decides this is a good idea.  Heart
[Image: 184421771_1209656632822439_3838928354452...e=60BCEC67]

[-] The following 3 users Like MoodyC's post:
  • Apix , DoctorFinkle, Link_Too good
(03-11-2020, 09:50 AM)MoodyC Wrote: Since everybody loves teaming in all servers (even the solo servers  Wink )
It would make sense to create a game mode just based off of teaming. For example, making a server where an individual can choose a team color (maybe: red, yellow, and blue?) and it has the max of - let's say 10-15 players on each team.
They battle under a timer and whichever team eats the most of the other opponent team when time is up. Wins coins and/or power ups.
The amount of coins can, of course are up to Sora if he decides this is a good idea.  Heart

I've seen many game modes that sound fun but never seem practical, this seems like a solution to some ... annoying... players teaming in inappropriate servers and getting them all in one spot! *evil laff*

However I don't think winning coins is a good idea unless we keep the coins very minuscule...  as some better players/clans could join and it'd just be farming grounds to them...

However, i love the idea and it's inspired me to think of perhaps a wager battle! say for example a player puts in 1,000 coins and the opposite has to match or raise and it's solo agf based! Hmm, maybe it's a good idea? maybe it's more work? 

@Squirrel @Sora thoughts on both?  (and i know it would take quite some time to implement but how does that sound in general) or have i thought of something completely useless and just babbled... hmm anyways let me know what you think forums!

Kind regards, 
Artemis/Shade
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shade1453's post:
  • flyingblue, MoodyC
(03-11-2020, 10:00 AM)Shade1453 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:50 AM)MoodyC Sounds good. Wrote: Since everybody loves teaming in all servers (even the solo servers  Wink )

I've seen many game modes that sound fun but never seem practical, this seems like a solution to some ... annoying... players teaming in inappropriate servers and getting them all in one spot! *evil laff*

However I don't think winning coins is a good idea unless we keep the coins very minuscule...  as some better players/clans could join and it'd just be farming grounds to them...

However, i love the idea and it's inspired me to think of perhaps a wager battle! say for example a player puts in 1,000 coins and the opposite has to match or raise and it's solo agf based! Hmm, maybe it's a good idea? maybe it's more work? 

@Squirrel @Sora thoughts on both?  (and i know it would take quite some time to implement but how does that sound in general) or have i thought of something completely useless and just babbled... hmm anyways let me know what you think forums!

Kind regards, 
Artemis/Shade

In the past, all the discussions about teaming have kind of revolved around the players who aren't teaming, and don't want to team.

~raises hand & waves madly~

We have FFA servers and Experimental -- those were considered 'server modes'? So it makes me think that a teaming mode would require additional servers, which would mean additional expenditures for Sora...

If we end up having a 'Solo' server and a 'Teaming' server, I have a feeling they would just be exactly the same thing again, and there would be little distinction between servers, and no way to prevent teaming in the Solo servers, so really, you just end up adding a server....

The extra rewards for teaming as suggested, sounds a bit more like an arena server, which would host various teams or clans... And that sounds like a fun idea, but many clans are.... kind of nebulous: They exist, but no-one sees them play, and they each have their own preferences on which servers to play in, so that makes a structured approach to it difficult as well.

So I guess I would first ask: What is the real focus here?
What do we want to add that is new?

You can already be in a party... I'm not sure what the maximum # of people in a party is, but I think it's at least 10 or more. If it's to tally "kills" from one team to another, gather stats, and share rewards, I guess that could be done? But definitely, extra work is involved.

And then what do the people do who are not in a team? Or the duos who are teaming, but in a "Free For All" inasmuch as, they are ready and gunning for everyone else they see, not just one or more specific teams.

We know that there have been longtime issues trying to penalize teams for being a team, and thus treat Solo players differently, and we also know that that has never worked -- in the end, it's too complicated of a formula. (The working formula, which doesn't yet exist.) And really, the two just play together, with no distinction made between the two.

If it's just to encourage teams to fight against each other, there could be a new subsystem that allows:
  • When you create a party (/party party name), the person who invites the first person is first asked to name their party which must be unique (not already in use on the server);
  • Save a roster of player usernames for each 'party' as being automatically added back to the party while the party continues to exist;
  • The person who starts the party becomes the 'Leader', and can invite (/invite username) more usernames, or revoke usernames (/remove username) from participating in their party;
  • Allow players themselves to 'Leave' (/leave) a party which removes their name from the party roster;
  • Players who are added to a team roster must already be in the game, are given recruitment offers in their own chat, and must 'Accept' (/accept) recruitment into the party;
  • The Leader can set one or more usernames as Co-Leaders (/appoint username --saved in order of appointment), should the Leader disappear, and then the next Co-Leader from interim Leader would become the interim Leader until the Leader returned, able to issue Leader commands;
  • The server would determine the interim Leader on the fly, announcing it in the chat, using the list of people given Co-Leader status;
  • If a party has no Leaders remaining, then the party is instantly disbanded, and if in a war, a winner is declared, and statistics given;
  • Allow one party Leader to "declare war" (/declare party name) on another party -- the opposing party Leader must not already be in a war, and must "accept" (/accept party name) the challenge;
  • Allow users to request a list of parties (/parties) in the game (complete with player rosters) that is sent only to their chat (not everyone's);
  • Perhaps allow wars to be either "Elimination" wars (kind of like a Battle Royale contained between the two parties of the war), or "Timed" wars tallying total kills over a specific time (in minutes, decided upon using the "declare war" command) with these options added to the syntax of the '/declare' command;
  • When a war concludes, announce via Chat the winner of the war: for "Elimination" the party name of the winner with surviving players, or in a "Timed" challenge, release the stats of total player deaths on both sides;
  • The game must find an easy and visible way to discern one teams members from another . For this I would suggest a common skin is used for all of the teams members (meaning additionally that a player cannot be invited to a team if their option to use skins is OFF);
  • The party skin would start as whichever skin the person who created the party was using at the time, and perhaps you allow a Leader command to change the party skin (/partyskin skin ID #), which would cause all other players in the party to all have their skins change at the same time;
  • Skins used as a party skin would have to be private skins to prevent other users from confusing matters and using the same skin although they weren't in the party;
  • The game would monitor a Team, and allow a maximum of say 2 minutes for a "Timed" party to have zero players in the game, and ending the war early, again announcing stats; and
  • Other things might also be necessary that I haven't thought of while pounding these things out.

Maybe you could simplify this somehow....??? But I really don't see how, myself.

As is, I think it symbolizes a very significant amount of work for the developers.  If someone up and suggested this for my game, I would be considering asking them if they could write the code for it to do all these things!  (lololollll) And tell them it would be implemented once all the bugs on the test server were ironed out!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Apix , MoodyC
(03-11-2020, 11:13 PM)flyingblue Wrote: Here's a potential format similar to the OP's idea that I could see working-
...10-15 players on each team
...100k mass cap, I believe that's the same as Solo Selffeed Battle Royale
...Separate leaderboards for the stats accumulated, an average player's win percentage should be close to 50% to show that the server is balanced
...15 minute rounds, 2 minute spawning period- similar to Battle Royale, nobody can spawn in once the 2m mark has passed
...No coins spawn in the game itself, making rewards solely based on match performance
...Biggest combined mass at the end wins OR most kills wins
...Winning team gets rewards proportional to their performance in the match. For simplicity's sake, let's assume 10 players per team and they get the following amounts of kills- 30, 20, 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 3, and 2, adding up to 100 total kills. The way you can make prizes proportional is either split it out of a predetermined jackpot (50k wouldn't be an unreasonable total jackpot for a 10 player team, which would give the players individual totals of 15k, 10k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 2.5k, 2.5k, 2.5k, 1.5k, and 1k coins) or simply make it so one kill gives a fixed amount of coins (100-500 would be a potential range). If the latter option is incorporated, the losing team can also get coins the same way, meaning each member of the winning team could also get an extra 2.5k coins or something similar so there's an advantage to helping your team out instead of soloing and trying to steal teammates' kills for yourself.

~some content snipped for brevity~

Thoughts?

It sounds fairly similar to what the Battle Royale is now, with a few key changes?

It seems to me what you just submitted would be worthy for considering changes to Battle Royale itself.

I think the original author was going for something with a completely new feel.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
I love all of these ideas Smile) thank you for it.

(03-11-2020, 09:50 AM)MoodyC Wrote: Since everybody loves teaming in all servers (even the solo servers  Wink )

The problem is that some players take advantage of the solo servers since they will be stronger there. For example, Battle Royale has servers for teaming and servers for soloing, but some players will still team on the solo server so that they have an unfair advantage. Having servers based on teaming may help, but will not completely solve it.
Great concept, but winning coins is basically like making the teaming a battle royale thing. We could make the winner be crowned, or get reputation points for example, and make a leaderboard type of thing, which the person who gets #1 thing gets like 8-9 power-ups, (The challenge would last a week?) Anyways, great idea Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

Sincerely

Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes Link_Too good's post:
  • MoodyC