Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the World Turns
We all come here for fun and games... so if you are anxious by nature, and need to get away from that.... mayyybe this is a thread you don't want to participate in.

I believe that it is always beneficial for you -- even if you're a teenager (say 17 and up) -- to have a handle of what is going on in the world.

You should try to start figuring out which jobs would make you happy, and what positions you would be glad to show up for work for, every day, as soon as you can. Because life is soooooOoOOooo much better when you like what you do!

Society may tell you not to discuss politics and religion, but I suggest that, nevertheless, those are the two most singularly important topics. If there really is a God, and a 'Judgement Day' is coming, there's no way for you to get out of that, or talk your way out of it! lol I think we should each, at least, decide for ourselves whether or not there IS a God, and put a little effort into the 'evidence' you see for the "for" and "against" sides.

Politics is far less tasteful, because so many politicians lie, and are required to lie by their political party. It often seems hard to figure out what is right and wrong, what is truth and fiction, and it's so easy to just say "I don't talk about politics".  And yet, we all live in some country, and our existence there in that country is controlled by politics!  Some will live in a dictatorship, or other system where "the people" have no official say in anything. What you hear is mostly meaningless rhetoric, devised to keep it's citizens in line, or, failing that, at least fully aware of "who is boss" in that region, and what happens to you if you don't fall in line with everyone else.

The United States of America is one of the greatest countries in the world, and I'll give a few reasons:
  • their country is largely regarded as one where people have much freedom, without also having anarchy, and a burdensome set of laws;
  • they have gone through a 'civil war' (fighting amongst themselves), and that drove them to entrench the right to own guns, so they would always be ready and able to "take offense" with their own government;
  • they have a powerful economic engine, encourage young people to have new ideas, and make their own jobs, that China felt even "American debt" had value, and was willing to buy a lot of it;
  • together with some other countries (most notably Great Britain, Australia, Canada, India) they share in the current global "language of commerce", which is English;
  • they have maintained a military presence that no other country is capable of (except for possibly China and Russia), and try to model themselves as a country that supports democracies.

Recently we have had some events that might frighten some of you, believing that the world was ever closer to wiping itself out. (lol)

So why not talk about it here??

If there's something you're afraid of right now, bring it up, and let's see how others feel about it?

Let's see if we can figure out what you should be concerned about, and what doesn't matter as much.

So we still have more time to be with our friends, play and have fun, without feeling anxious about our futures!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Sora, xRENDEx
The same day that Iran decided to fire ground to ground ballistic missiles at two US airbases in Iraq, a Ukrainian jet takes off, and just a few minutes later crashes to the ground despite having its last safety inspection just 2 days prior, with a clean bill of health..

All 137 passengers aboard died, including 63 Canadians, who were mostly visiting their Iranian families.

Yesterday's local paper for me had story after story of them.... Several doctors had died. Two newlywed couples... a mom and her daughter, and the stories went on and on.

And people are saying the plane was probably shot down by an Iranian missile. Which the Iranian gov't is denying, but they have already said they will not hand over the planes 'black boxes'.

So likely, the Iranian reply attack, killed no Americans, but a bunch of their own people instead, bringing with it a whole bunch of new sorrow and sadness.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
Something that makes me feel a little.. scared? Is how much power China have and no one dares to do anything about this. What makes me scared is that China is trying to force Honsg Kong to end the bill earlier (which end around 2047) by just marching in with police and forcing everyone to end the bill. I am not 100% sure what the bill says but, Hong Kong should stay democratic, independent etc for 50 years. Hong Kong used to be a colony to britain, but in like 1997 they (britain) handed over Hong Kong to China and they would be independet for 50 years until China "owned" it again. But right now there are huge protests, mostly young students who are basically in war with the chinese police, the police have by now shot and hurt people badly and some of the students are willing to die rather than be controlled by China and they say China has 0 human rights (Which I believe). Why does China want to have Hong Kong so early and why are they doing everything in their power to get control over Hong Kong?
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 2 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel
(01-10-2020, 07:42 PM)xRENDEx Wrote: Something that makes me feel a little.. scared? Is how much power China have and no one dares to do anything about this. What makes me scared is that China is trying to force Honsg Kong to end the bill earlier (which end around 2047) by just marching in with police and forcing everyone to end the bill. I am not 100% sure what the bill says but, Hong Kong should stay democratic, independent etc for 50 years. Hong Kong used to be a colony to britain, but in like 1997 they (britain) handed over Hong Kong to China and they would be independet for 50 years until China "owned" it again. But right now there are huge protests, mostly young students who are basically in war with the chinese police, the police have by now shot and hurt people badly and some of the students are willing to die rather than be controlled by China and they say China has 0 human rights (Which I believe). Why does China want to have Hong Kong so early and why are they doing everything in their power to get control over Hong Kong?

Hong Kong was. I believe, leased to the British for 100 years?

OK. here's the real answer, courtesy of Wikipedia:

Wikipedia Wrote:Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire after Qing China ceded Hong Kong Island at the end of the First Opium War in 1842. The colony expanded to the Kowloon Peninsula in 1860 after the Second Opium War, and was further extended when Britain obtained a 99-year lease of the New Territories in 1898. The territory was returned to China in 1997. As a special administrative region, Hong Kong maintains separate governing and economic systems from that of mainland China under the principle of "one country, two systems".

The Joint Declaration guarantees the Basic Law for 50 years after the transfer of sovereignty. It does not specify how Hong Kong will be governed after 2047, and the central government's role in determining the territory's future system of government is the subject of political debate and speculation. Hong Kong's political and judicial systems may be reintegrated with China's at that time, or the territory may continue to be administered separately.

The students understand that they will lose many rights that they currently enjoy, which other Chinese citizens do not (unless you're a part of their main political apparatus).  I have been watching this quite closely too, and believe that China will roll over them in 2047, so that Hong Kong is indistinguishable from the rest of China at that time.

And I agree with your fears, re China. They are considered a 3rd world country, while their own government essentially enslaves most of the population into cheap labour, so that the businesses of the world's democracies can operate with lower production costs.

If it becomes undeniable that the entire world faces a direct threat of extinction due to climate change, China is going to be forced to start doing away with the coal-fired electricity that they mainly use, and this will probably force their hand. But I believe they will continue to use the rest of the world as additional revenue for as long as possible, and believe that if any country is capable of starting and winning a global war, it is indeed, China.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • xRENDEx
Today, allow a SARS-hardened person tell you how to not be concerned about this new global pandemic:

If you already have a respiratory condition, sorry... Other than telling you to retreat to your fully stocked bomb shelter, you are going to be anxious.

For the rest of you:
  • If you need to go to a hospital, sanitize your hands both on arrival, and before departure;
  • If you use public transit, sanitize your hands upon arrival at your destination;
  • Be more cautious anywhere there are more people, if the number of confirmed cases in your area is significant;
  • Avoid even visiting a hospital... send your loved ones texts, or call them instead;
  • Avoid enclosed spaces that serve the public and recycle air (ie airplanes and shopping malls);
  • If someone coughs on you, first beat their ass (with their own arm, not yours), and then start a two week counter of limited human contact; and
  • If you start having a cough, protect everyone around you by immediately starting to wear a face mask.

Here's the significant part of an article I read today:

Anxiety is growing amid evidence that the disease has an incubation period of as long as two weeks before those infected start to show symptoms. That raises the possibility that people could travel and eventually infect others before realizing they have the illness. But Messonnier said that so far there has been no clear evidence that the virus can spread during the incubation period before patients have symptoms.

The new coronavirus appears to be less contagious than highly infectious viruses like the measles, she said. Coronaviruses like this one, so named because of their crown-like shape, are generally transmitted by respiratory droplets, she said.
Fight the Good Fight
(01-28-2020, 09:54 AM)samira Wrote: Wearing a mask? Really you would do that in Canada?

Absolutely. My life is worth a $2 mask.

(You probably have to buy a pack of 6 or so, but who cares? If you live in a city of 3 million people, why worry if the guy sitting next to you on the bus is infected and doesn't know it yet?)
Fight the Good Fight
I hope this awful virus won't take anymore lives Sad
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
(01-28-2020, 08:01 PM)xRENDEx Wrote: I hope this awful virus won't take anymore lives Sad

A new virus generally wins a lot in Round 1 of the fight.

It is the world's job to make sure that Round 2, we're ready for it, and know what to do.

Based on the great concentration of people at the source, China I think is doomed to lose thousands... I am guessing 5000... hopefully I'm wrong, and it's less than 1000, but I think that will be very hard for them.

People in Wuhan will be scared out of their minds. I suppose that if everyone takes precautions (hand sanitizing and face masks), much of that can be curtailed. If you have a person you love infected, you could still take care of them at home, so long as you're careful about it. (Keep them confined to their room, bring them food..., leave it outside the door, tell them when to come out, then sanitize after they go back in.)

The next vital piece of information I'm waiting for, is how long does one generation of the viruses cells live for?

Hand sanitizer wipes out 99.999999% of those cells, and they can't live for too long while not in someone's blood stream.
Fight the Good Fight
(01-28-2020, 10:41 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 08:01 PM)xRENDEx Wrote: I hope this awful virus won't take anymore lives Sad

A new virus generally wins a lot in Round 1 of the fight.

It is the world's job to make sure that Round 2, we're ready for it, and know what to do.

Based on the great concentration of people at the source, China I think is doomed to lose thousands... I am guessing 5000... hopefully I'm wrong, and it's less than 1000, but I think that will be very hard for them.

People in Wuhan will be scared out of their minds. I suppose that if everyone takes precautions (hand sanitizing and face masks), much of that can be curtailed. If you have a person you love infected, you could still take care of them at home, so long as you're careful about it. (Keep them confined to their room, bring them food..., leave it outside the door, tell them when to come out, then sanitize after they go back in.)

The next vital piece of information I'm waiting for, is how long does one generation of the viruses cells live for?

Hand sanitizer wipes out 99.999999% of those cells, and they can't live for too long while not in someone's blood stream.

This post didn't age too well......
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
(02-24-2020, 09:24 PM)Shade1453 Wrote: This post didn't age too well......

I'm not sure what you mean?

An update, it's looking like there are now roughly 80000 cases of COVID-19 (it's official name) in China, mostly in Bahai province, centring around the source, Wuhan. And now there are more than 2500 dead there.

But there is not too much cause for concern. The common flu ("influenza") kills tens of thousands every year in a country such as the USA, and no-one bats an eye.

The mortality rate of this new bug is around, or less than 2%. That makes it 10 times less deadly than SARS, which I had the pleasure of going through.

The number of new cases is decreasing daily, and it is only other countries now, where it might escape to, who will have trouble identifying it quickly enough, which could boost more risk from this. As well, some countries, due to their poor economies, are ill equipped to handle a bunch of this, if it were to happen to them.

This virus was kick-started by originating in an 11 million large densely populated city, and it looks like China will control it without any trouble.

The only thing that worries me is, it has been mutating (as these flu variants always do), and if it becomes more deadly, or spreads easier, that would re-open global concern. But the WHO is watching closely.
Fight the Good Fight
ohh, so ig this is some conspiracy theory thread

well hmmmm

Ab coronavirus

I dont quite think it originated from animals lmao, and reason is that Chinese were eating bats and other animals for over than 2000 years and they never got it lol, AND SOMEHOW they got it just at time when they were ab to surpass US economy.And plus they found HIV insertions in corona.So I kinda researched ab that and I found something pretty interesting conspiracy theories 

1. China's first level 4 biosafety lab is located not too far away from place of outbreak, so its possible that they were maybe testing some bio weapon and then virus somehow escaped. And plus, China is communist country so I wouldnt be suprised if numbers of infested are even higher than they claim to be
2. Its US plan to ruin Chinese economy because China was supposed to surpass US in GDP this year
3. Bill Gates ptended coronavirus. Somehow Bill Gates predicted before 2 years that new pandemic will start in 2020

Ngl, people make too much drama ab it. Like, u will only get some fever and some other things and thats it. 
Tbh I kinda want to get it, I will be in bed for like, 12 days and then I will get immunity to it for rest of ma life lol
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)

[-] The following 2 users Like FilipCro125's post:
  • Squirrel , xRENDEx
(02-27-2020, 07:57 PM)FilipCro125 Wrote: ohh, so ig this is some conspiracy theory thread

well hmmmm

Ab coronavirus

I dont quite think it originated from animals lmao, and reason is that Chinese were eating bats and other animals for over than 2000 years and they never got it lol, AND SOMEHOW they got it just at time when they were ab to surpass US economy.And plus they found HIV insertions in corona.So I kinda researched ab that and I found something pretty interesting conspiracy theories 

1. China's first level 4 biosafety lab is located not too far away from place of outbreak, so its possible that they were maybe testing some bio weapon and then virus somehow escaped. And plus, China is communist country so I wouldnt be suprised if numbers of infested are even higher than they claim to be
2. Its US plan to ruin Chinese economy because China was supposed to surpass US in GDP this year
3. Bill Gates ptended coronavirus. Somehow Bill Gates predicted before 2 years that new pandemic will start in 2020

Ngl, people make too much drama ab it. Like, u will only get some fever and some other things and thats it. 
Tbh I kinda want to get it, I will be in bed for like, 12 days and then I will get immunity to it for rest of ma life lol

I had similar thoughts (about it possibly being a bioweapon gone wrong)…. but if that's the case, then it REALLY went wrong, because it only has a 2% mortality rate!

And sorry to burst your bubble, but, just like influenza, it mutates too quickly for anyone to ever be immune to it for a lifetime!

But yes, the purpose of me posting, really, was to try and get rid of any fear people might have. Third-world countries might need to fear it, because they don't have the resources to throw at self-quarantining significant portions of their population for 14 days.

Once again, proof that China is not a 3rd-world country any longer.
Fight the Good Fight
I've found it does no good to fear what you can't control, lol, you just have to take it in stride and be optimistic. Viruses, war, chaos, etc, are all part of the human condition. Somethings we can control, somethings we can't, you do your best with what you know you can affect and the other stuff you just roll with the punches.

Sure this Coronavirus is bad, 2% mortality rate is bad of course, but it's probably not that high. We've made it through past pandemics, and the world still marched on. It's kind of the cycle of Human civilization, we overcome adversity. We know we always overcome because the fact we are here in the present, so there is nothing to say that we won't continue to overcome. Civilizations rise and fall, but you're still able to turn the page in the history book to the next chapter, there is always going to be another chapter. Always look towards the bigger picture and don't wallow in the moment.
[Image: SurakAtticus.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like SurakAtticus's post:
  • Apix , Sora, Squirrel
People are dumb. I'll just leave it at that lol

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to take my lad Virus out to drink some Corona with me. I know a really good bar in Wuhan, China
[-] The following 3 users Like Apix 's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel , SurakAtticus
(03-12-2020, 06:46 PM)flyingblue Wrote: Within the last 16 hours, COVID-19 has wiped out nearly all the American pro sports leagues and infected Tom Hanks. As of writing this, the ACC, NBA, MLS, MLB, NHL, NLL, and likely NCAA will be shut down as well as McLaren Racing, the Juventus football club, and various college teams have also individually withdrawn from competition. The stock market has taken an almost unprecedented crash, comparable to that of the Great Depression in the 1930s.

LOL!

All of that was.... almost expected.

Would someone please tell me why Americans have chosen to start hoarding toilet paper?!

L O L L L O L O L O L L L O L O L

It's the dumbest thing that I've ever heard tell of!
Fight the Good Fight