Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cannabis in Canada
So I dont know if any of you heard but Canada just legalized cannabis (or marijuana or weed) and by that they became the first country in the world that fully legalize it. It is now legal for both recreational and medicinial purposes and it looks like they made a lot of money in a short amount of time (at least thats what I heard on TV lol).

So I was wondering what are your thoughts about this? Would you use it for medical purposes? And if you run your own country would you legalize it?
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)

[-] The following 2 users Like FilipCro125's post:
  • Owl , Yugopolis
On a part I can understand why they do this, first it can be an economic plan, based a part of the economy of cannabis and other is maybe a smart thing idk?

After it's more asocial vision but for example in fr àce it's bott legal so dealer start to grow up in Paris and now we nned to paid policy to stole hem, I think there isn't this kind of problem in Canada now cause of the legalization of cannabis.

And finally maybe it's their culture? For my part I do not approve on amoral plan but it's subjective.
Anyways I'm not Canadian I do not live their and never went there so I can't judge if it's a good or not.
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 1 user Likes 7shoes's post:
  • FilipCro125
(10-17-2018, 07:50 PM)FilipCro125 Wrote: So I dont know if any of you heard but Canada just legalized cannabis (or marijuana or weed) and by that they became the first country in the world that fully legalize it. It is now legal for both recreational and medicinial purposes and it looks like they made a lot of money in a short amount of time (at least thats what I heard on TV lol).

So I was wondering what are your thoughts about this? Would you use it for medical purposes? And if you run your own country would you legalize it?

Yes, in my belief, it's a sad day. But I';m thinking mostly about myself in this case.

I absolutely loathe the smell of that stuff. Sad And now I'm going to smell it even more. Sad

I can't say that I have anything against it, myself, but I want no part of it myself. It is legal to possess small amounts of it. It is still illegal to possess more than 30 grams; then you are considered as a possible traffiker. Mostly, they are hoping to steal a bunch of money from criminal organizations who were the suppliers previous.

I have not yet heard how much money they expect this to bring to the government, but the party in power (Liberals) have spent so much of our money on stupid things, whatever it brings in, they surely need it!

The rules for how you use it were left up to the individual provinces to sort out, so it is a bit chaotic, right now. Also there are some questions as to how well the police will be able to determine that someone is driving under the influence of it.

One other interesting tidbit I found on the story today is that, in a urvey by a well-respected research firm, they found that 71% of Canadians asked, have no plan to smoke or use it.

So that is something that I can at least be happy about!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • FilipCro125
I live in the Netherlands and cannabis have been allowed for as long as I can recall. However, in my country it is not very usual to use them. There's some people who are interested in using them, but mostly they are considered low-class so they are not taken very seriously by most of the Dutch citizens. Myself I do personally think it shouldn't be allowed as it just simply causes a lot more problems; traffic accidents, domestic violence etc.

You do not need them to feel good. You do also not need alcohol to feel good. Of course, many people will ignore my words and keep on making use of it either way... up to them, their choice. I just think it brings more disadvantages rather than advantages.
[-] The following 3 users Like Yugopolis's post:
  • Agrendallan, FilipCro125, Squirrel
Heart 
I agree with this man ( @Yugopolis ) give him a medal!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agrendallan's post:
  • Yugopolis
OK, thank you very much!
(10-29-2018, 12:38 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: I live in the Netherlands and cannabis have been allowed for as long as I can recall. However, in my country it is not very usual to use them. There's some people who are interested in using them, but mostly they are considered low-class so they are not taken very seriously by most of the Dutch citizens. Myself I do personally think it shouldn't be allowed as it just simply causes a lot more problems; traffic accidents, domestic violence etc.

You do not need them to feel good. You do also not need alcohol to feel good. Of course, many people will ignore my words and keep on making use of it either way... up to them, their choice. I just think it brings more disadvantages rather than advantages.

I agree with what you said. Except for the part where you believe smoking weed generates more cases of domestic violence. There, since pot leaves you feeling very mellow, I think if anything, it would bring DOWN the number of cases.

Alcohol, though, that generates lots of those.
Fight the Good Fight
(10-30-2018, 05:37 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 12:38 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: I live in the Netherlands and cannabis have been allowed for as long as I can recall. However, in my country it is not very usual to use them. There's some people who are interested in using them, but mostly they are considered low-class so they are not taken very seriously by most of the Dutch citizens. Myself I do personally think it shouldn't be allowed as it just simply causes a lot more problems; traffic accidents, domestic violence etc.

I agree with what you said. Except for the part where you believe smoking weed generates more cases of domestic violence. There, since pot leaves you feeling very mellow, I think if anything, it would bring DOWN the number of cases.

Alcohol, though, that generates lots of those.
LOL
LETS BAN ALCOHOLLL
@Apix C'MON ARMyYYY
@Squirrel LESS GOOOOoooOOO
Appreciates rep points.
A lot.
(11-01-2018, 02:35 PM)JruGo Wrote: LOL
LETS BAN ALCOHOLLL
@Apix C'MON ARMyYYY

lol!

If you tried banning alcohol in Canada, every Canuck over the age of 18 would show up at some federal building and pelt it with beer and wine bottles!
Fight the Good Fight
(11-02-2018, 07:26 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 02:35 PM)JruGo Wrote: LOL
LETS BAN ALCOHOLLL
@Apix C'MON ARMyYYY

lol!

If you tried banning alcohol in Canada, every Canuck over the age of 18 would show up at some federal building and pelt it with beer and wine bottles!

LOL
Tru sodaC
Appreciates rep points.
A lot.