Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give Solo Players More Fair Chance
I do not know how many times this has been brought up here, and specially in Agario-based games, but Agma.io has been designed to unfairly give teams more power over solo players.

Agar.io games have suffered because the developers do NOT listen to the voice of the community and usually claim that there is no game dynamics/mechanics that can be devised to combat teaming.

Let me also say that I mainly play in Gigantic servers (98%), so the following recommendations are simply geared towards those servers:

1. Give smaller masses a much larger viewing window. Currently, the view is very limited, and a single split can land you in the belly of another larger player that can see you from a mile away. In addition, limit the larger masses their viewing window. That way, it gives the smaller masses a better chance of not getting themselves into an immediate death zone. If this is too much, at least give the players an option to zoom in and zoom out with much larger viewing window and leave the default as is.
  2. Quit respawning teammate(s) that die around their old teammate. Put them as far away from their teammate. The game has been designed to give teammates a greater advantage when a solo player kills the second teammate in order to isolate the remaining player and have a better chance of finishing him/her/it off. This also resolves another issue, and that is, respawning a player who has just been killed in vicinity of another player who has just killed him/her/it. What is the point of this? The guy just killed you and is much larger. Why would I want to get spawned near him to get killed again? I know that the goal might be that you'll have a chance to get back at him/her/it, but how many times a much smaller player would have a realistic chance to kill a player who has just killed him and gained far more mass?
  3. In Gigantic servers, or other servers if you wish, devise a logic that when the server gets crowded, e.g. 50+ players (I say 50 because in Gigantic servers, that's when things get ugly), AND number of dots on the field is lowered of threshold, expand the server. The developers already done that in Royal Battle servers... in reverse. So I don't think it's going to require a lot of redevelopment for this feature. Just simply expand the room as the number of players are increased and/or total of number of dots are lowered. The expansion does not need to be dynamic (every second), but rather, when the average number of players exceed over a certain period, say 5 minutes, expand the server from each direction to certain length, and when the average is lowered over time, the server shrinks gradually -- step by step. Also, no penalty if the player gets pushed in during to this shrinkage and hits the water. This really helps the solo players not get cramped into confining areas and slaughtered when the server gets busy.
  4. Pepper the giant masses with viruses. I'm not talking about 3 or 4, but rather 15+ viruses, all around. Provide more opportunities for smaller players to virus the crap out of them.
As usual, I am not getting my hopes high for these features to be implemented, but hey, I hope other solo players can chime in their frustration to make a push for better gaming mechanics that doesn't unfairly give advantage to only teams.
[-] The following 9 users Like Cunina's post:
  • Apix , FilipCro125, fisa, I want to be staff, Joanna, mahran, Reaction , Squirrel , YaGirlBantrr

Messages In This Thread
Give Solo Players More Fair Chance - Cunina - 12-31-2018, 10:58 PM