Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How works studies in your country?
So today I'm back to school, and I think it can be fun that everyone share how works studies in his country.
Here an image whose show you school system in France since 3 years old to 25 years old (for few works it can be more) 

[Image: 1535975579-scolaire.jpeg]
"Ecole Primaire" (Primary School)

So we (really start school at the age of 6 years, we enter in a school called Ecole Primaire, the equivalent of Primary school in England (I don't really now how it works in Wales etc. But I now it's a bit like in England) We stay in "Ecole primaire" during 5 years. During this 5 years we learn basical knowledge, mathematiques, French, a bit History and very fast during the last year some English words. (Yeah we learn new languages very late in France).

"Collège"
After we enter in "Collège" Notice  it's not the same thing as in other country, ( "collège and lycée") were the same school 50 years ago) So we stay 4 years in College, and the last year we have a test called "Brevet des collèges", it's very easy, the most part of time it's just a random fact for students.

"Lycée"
Finally, we enter in the last obligatory school, called Lycée, we will stay "only" 3 years in, the first year called 2nd is a "cool" year, no exams or other,
Before continuing you need to know that there has been a reform (like always in France lol) and the Lycée system has changed, so I will try to explain the old (easy to understand) and the new (hard to explain and to understand lol)

1) Old system
so in the old system there was 3 ways (more in technologic way but I can't explain it here) those 3 ways  were called S for sciences L for Littérature and Es for Economic and Social. At the end of the 2nd (15-16years old)  we had to choose on of those 3 ways. In S it was mostly, maths, Biology, Informatik... whit few hours of philosophy, language and history. L, mostly language, french, art study philosophy, History. Es mostly Economic, Geopolitical, World History and more. Notice that it's for the "générale" way.

2) New system
Now we need to choose "options" there are a lot of options but I will try to list them, here a non-exhaustive list : Informatik, Mathematiques, Geopolitical, Economic, Art, 3rd Language, Music...) We have to choose 3 options. For the year called Premiere (the second year of the "Lycée"). This way as for the old system is called "générale"
All the marks/grades (I don't know the right word sorry) that we will have since this Premiere will count for the final exams.
And our last year, the "Terminale", at this end of it the final exams  called Baccalauréat the Abitur in Germany (Everyone say Bac like Abi for those who know).

Other ways :

So during the college when we have 14 years old we an choose to start "short studies", to become baker, Florist, Cooker, Technical support in a garage, they look very bad in france and are absoluty not valued, only maybe for cooker or other jobs like this one if you learn the job in a good restauration school. You can also strat those studies when you have finish your college at this age of 15 years old.

Technological ways : as I wrote you can strat them before but mostly of students who wants to become informatician, technician and other make this way. The most part of lycée propose technogical ways and the "générale" way.
Whit your "Bac" you can't make anything in France, only few bad jobs that's why everyone start high studies but if I try to explain you this it will be veryyyy confuse. You can also make alternative studies if you want to become baker or other jobs lije this but they look very bad in France.
So I think it's all, I know my thread is very confuse, ask me if you do not understand something.

Whit your "Bac" you can't make anything in France, only few bad jobs that's why everyone start high studies but if I try to explain you this it will be veryyyy confuse. You can also make alternative studies if you want to become baker or other jobs lije this but they look very bad in France.
So I think it's all, I know my thread is very confuse, ask me if you do not understand something.
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 1 user Likes 7shoes's post:
  • Squirrel

Messages In This Thread
How works studies in your country? - 7shoes - 09-03-2018, 12:25 PM