Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March For Our Lives
(04-07-2018, 06:52 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: It was pretty incredible. My kids and I went, (in St. Paul Minnesota) and there were about 6000 more people than expected... they thought it would be around 4000 instead they got 10,000!
For the most part it was pretty reasonable demands, mostly centered around enforcing the laws that already exist, and a push for more common sense laws and background checks.
No matter what the results, it was a great lesson  for my kids in civic participation...

Hey, it's awesome that you went!

There was even an event here in my town, even though I'm in Canada.

I would have gone, just to see how much support it got, but the event started just as my shift was ending, and it would have taken an hour minimum fir me to get there.

But yes, if you leave your country to 'formulate itself', this is when you get corruption, and little enpires of people in charge, and not much else.

When you get involved with like-minded people and start considering how to make things better, this then attracts some media (where, if you're lucky, they'll actually report the story, rather than their own slant), and before you know it, people in politics are forced to recognize your existence, and take a stand.

All lobby groups probably started a similar way. (And some of those are now simply TOO strong!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run

Messages In This Thread
March For Our Lives - Squirrel - 03-18-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: March For Our Lives - Shadow Fox - 03-20-2018, 12:53 AM