Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Year of 2017
I have to 'hijack' the topic just slightly, first. But I think it does show the truth that @Sora's message contained.

(01-03-2017, 07:02 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: This is really accurate.  I met @Squirrel online and in person.  He made me see how badly I needed a friend in my corner that believed in me.  If anyone is feeling worthless, or not good enough, don't believe that.  I'm in your corner and will happily be there for you, if you need a friend.   Thank you squirrel, for reintroducing me to myself, which...in turn gave me the courage to take a stand. I am blessed. Heart

Now that you've mentioned it, I may as well pin the 'BFF' label on you! Wink (If anyone out there wants to take her up on an open offer of assistance, I highly recommend it!)

You made it sound like I took special effort, when instead, it was you who dragged it out of me, and time and time again, made my jaw drop open as I was forced to re-evaluate whom I was speaking with! (Yes, yes, do you feel judged? Hehehe... because 'evaluate' would essentially be a synonym, right? :| )

It's also not commonplace for me, since you are only the 2nd person ever, I've decided to meet from an on-line community where I needed to leave my own city/region.

And I quickly want to point out, since we have many younger people here, this is not something you do, unless you're 100% sure of a solid friendship. While we can more readily share of ourselves on-line, it is also true that one can be played (where the person pretended to be someone that they were not) easier, on-line. (And I have some of those stories, if you need to hear one to encourage patience and certainty!)

But yes, there is much positive that can come out of the on-line communities, so long as you are slow, patient, and discerning, just as Sora said, and I'm incredibly happy that I chose such a simple-seeming game to play as agar.io (I normally only play games where there is inter-player communication), and then after 6 months, tired of just the 'public game', and went in search of cameraderie via Forums.... and here I am!

Thanks, Sora, for making all of this possible and a reality!

So likewise, here's to a wonderful 2017 together, with new bonds formed, new friends, new laughter and good times!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Robin , Sora, Voakie , ℱIRE

Messages In This Thread
The Year of 2017 - Sora - 01-03-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: The Year of 2017 - DTricksplit - 01-03-2017, 07:02 PM