Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016
I'm very saddened to see many of these messages, where a perhaps well-meaning 'award' turned into part of a set of drama that no-one should have wanted to see, and that it would have been far better to THINK, before posting.

Those who posted, or liked @Relax 's initial message, the way I see it, are just as guilty as Relax himself.

I don't see why all of us can't get along, and if this is all because of the "Battle of the Sexes", then I would suggest that a number of people are not mature enough to be playing that, and we should simply get rid of the game, and hopefully let things cool down.

I don't want this to turn into a monster post, because I would hope that everyone actually reads it.

As a part of the community, I deem myself to have certain (albeit very small) 'responsibilities'.

Following the rules is one.
If it is not against the rules, expressly, to poke fun at a person to the point where you KNOW they will be angry, then I say instead, it is a common-sense violation.

If anyone thought, honestly, that @Supergirl would not be annoyed by the comment about a sandwich, perhaps you need to re-examine the posts. If you still honestly believe "no harm" was done or intended, then I think, by my opinion, you are lacking in an important social skill.

To not only mistake that, and to go forward and suggest a reward for what should have been avoided, just exacerbates the situation.

Everyone, I believe, has a moral responsibility to not attack, or be seen as supporting an attack on a user. ANY user.

If I were a moderator, which I am not, I would feel required to discipline the start (Hazr?), and those who carried that to this thread, whether you claim it to be 'in fun' or not; if you cannot recognize that a user who is the brunt of your 'fun' would be quite angered, then I question whether or not you should really be here.

That said, I do not want to see a bleeding of users, and would hope, if Supergirl is okay with it, to discipline the person who started it, and make sure those others who brought that disrespect to this thread, and those who supported it, just understand their moral responsibility here to a Moderator/etc., and hopefully we can let this be a lesson for those who took part, or could be seen to take part.

You do not build cameraderie by liking an inflammatory post. Now, perhaps the message could have been editted, and so on, so perhaps this gets necessarily more complex than it appears. Perhaps those who placed "likes" in certain messages can rethink whether they are truely supportive of the whole message they liked, and reconsider.

If everyone had just used a bit of common sense, and understood the attack, and how it would be received, this never had to happen.

This place is for fun, not this cr@p.

And while I have't seen a great deal of this, I also recognize a bunch of you are younger and subject to this in schools, and should be able to understand why we don't want it here, and why it can harm a community as a while: clique building. I know I did not "fit in" with any clique in my HS days. I suspect quite a few more of you would agree.

Two pointed remarks: HazR, if you started this... as much as I enjoy talking to you when you're sentient, I still don't think this community should have to put up with such things, and you have demonstrated a level of intellect sufficient to be able to refrain from these situations. You may be in a "bad boy" phase, but this is not the place to show it, and if you can't respect that, then you should at least grant the community some peace and quiet, and leave.

Relax, you're generally a decent person, but you have some rough edges, which I expect to find in a younger guy. I hope that you could agree that you knew your post was inflammatory, and you knew the target of this cr@p would be angered. I dunno what I would do with you, if it were my job, but you'd at least take a vacation to consider the unnecessary vitriol you caused.

I really hope this can be a 'learning experience', but I'd say that rests largely with Supergirl, and what she can forgive. Hopefully everyone will work together to smooth things over, remember this, and next time, be more considerate, before posting a message that you know full well will be seen as partaking in a personal attack.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 8 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • CantREKTMe , cuntnugg3t , Final, Mikasa, Sora, Supergirl , Voakie , ™ Chronic

Messages In This Thread
REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Reaction - 12-28-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Robin - 12-28-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Faded - 12-28-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Final - 12-28-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Faded - 12-28-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Faded - 12-28-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Final - 12-29-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - Squirrel - 12-29-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - craw1 - 12-29-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - ITALY - 12-30-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: REACTION'S Swag Rating of 2016 - ITALY - 12-30-2016, 04:29 PM